ImageImage

Brewers Jersey/Logo 2020 - Logo Rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Re: Brewers Jersey/Logo 2020 - Logo Rumor 

Post#41 » by neiLz » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Remember everyone, this is just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact the brewers won't spend money in free agency. They are selling the Blue jersey for 455.00 online and will sell millions yet our Billionaire owner will not fork up money for a free agent pitcher. /semi green front
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,231
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#42 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:11 pm

neiLz wrote:Remember everyone, this is just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact the brewers won't spend money in free agency. They are selling the Blue jersey for 455.00 online and will sell millions yet our Billionaire owner will not fork up money for a free agent pitcher. /semi green front

I know there is a joke in here but there's a bit of truth in the middle.

They're going to spend again by Brewers standards, which is somewhat nicely above what a similar market generally spends.

I think most baseball fans outside of like Tigers fans before Mike Illitch died (maybe his kid will start again after their rebuild) are going to be disappointed if they expect the billionaires to spend more into their wealth. I get it as sometimes an extra pitcher, even if going over the luxury tax, is a drop in the bucket...but I'm not even that old yet and my life is too short to care about this. They're rich for a reason and I enjoy sports...I'll die before there's enough of a revolution that would cause such benevolence (and if they really do want to give away more of their money, Zack Wheeler getting $130 million instead of $100 million is not the cause I'd be hoping for them to go to).

That said, yes, the prices are absurd and will line their pockets. Good thing I own like three t-shirts from Kohl's of all of the teams I cheer for. The Packers, I own outdated jerseys that I bought from China almost 10 years ago.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#43 » by neiLz » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
neiLz wrote:Remember everyone, this is just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact the brewers won't spend money in free agency. They are selling the Blue jersey for 455.00 online and will sell millions yet our Billionaire owner will not fork up money for a free agent pitcher. /semi green front

They're going to spend again by Brewers standards, which is somewhat nicely above what a similar market generally spends.

I think most baseball fans outside of like Tigers fans before Mike Illitch died (maybe his kid will start again after their rebuild) are going to be disappointed if they expect the billionaires to spend more into their wealth. I get it as sometimes an extra pitcher, even if going over the luxury tax, is a drop in the bucket...but I'm not even that old yet and my life is too short to care about this. They're rich for a reason and I enjoy sports...I'll die before there's enough of a revolution that would cause such benevolence (and if they really do want to give away more of their money, Zack Wheeler getting $130 million instead of $100 million is not the cause I'd be hoping for them to go to).

That said, yes, the prices are absurd and will line their pockets. Good thing I own like three t-shirts from Kohl's of all of the teams I cheer for. The Packers, I own outdated jerseys that I bought from China almost 10 years ago.

I've criticized Mark A for being cheap, but in general I agree that he will spend a lot for "brewers" standards. The only way he really opens up the pocket book is if fans stop showing up and demand a better product. However, you can't really argue with the product they've put on the field the past two years (although it mainly has to due with Sterns shrewd moves and counsel's ability to manage an out-manned pitching staff). I do think that if there is a time to just go nuts and open the pocket book this is the window. Yelich is cheap AF plus MLB free agency has been weird the last few years with guys not getting long term deals. If leadership was open to signing a bunch of 1-year + option deals with guys like grandal, moose, hopefully they can do that with even more guys including pitchers. I could see Antanasio going deep into the pockets for a year or two knowing the contracts come off the books and it could give the fans something they've wanted, plus increase the odds of a WS appearance.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,231
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#44 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm

neiLz wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

I've criticized Mark A for being cheap, but in general I agree that he will spend a lot for "brewers" standards. The only way he really opens up the pocket book is if fans stop showing up and demand a better product. However, you can't really argue with the product they've put on the field the past two years (although it mainly has to due with Sterns shrewd moves and counsel's ability to manage an out-manned pitching staff). I do think that if there is a time to just go nuts and open the pocket book this is the window. Yelich is cheap AF plus MLB free agency has been weird the last few years with guys not getting long term deals. If leadership was open to signing a bunch of 1-year + option deals with guys like grandal, moose, hopefully they can do that with even more guys including pitchers. I could see Antanasio going deep into the pockets for a year or two knowing the contracts come off the books and it could give the fans something they've wanted, plus increase the odds of a WS appearance.

They have somewhat done this recently. They do wait for competitive windows but they generally run a middle-of-the-pack payroll (roughly 15th in payroll every year 2008-2014 and again in 2019 and likely a few years forward). They are something like the 27th ranked market with a **** TV deal.

They are going to do some work in free agency this year and probably go back up to $130 million or so but I'm not expecting Cole, Rendon, or even Wheeler types.

The Cain, Grandal, etc. deals are based on the MLB as a whole lot paying guys. They're taking guys from the bargain bin even if Cain is still expensive long-term.

I think they'll sign/add $35-40 million or so in annual contract value this year.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 967

Post#45 » by ClassicJack » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:Should these posts be in green font?

If not, holy **** are they terrible takes.

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Truly the two worst takes I have ever seen. :crazy: :D

I said what I said.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,636

Post#46 » by humanrefutation » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:12 am

Not a fan of the yellow cap on the blues, tbh. I wish they would have went the original blue overall. But I like how clean the home whites look.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,732

Post#47 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm

The cream jerseys are the home versions. The white pinstripes will be the home alternates.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,636

Post#48 » by humanrefutation » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Cream = White.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers