ImageImage

Brewers/Cards Series - Series Cancelled; Cain Opts Out

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Sparkey67
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Brewers/Cards Series - Series Cancelled; Cain Opts Out 

Post#41 » by Sparkey67 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:42 pm

The majority of people under 30 don't think covid-19 is a big deal so why would anyone honestly believe that a league made up of that same age group would follow rules they don't believe.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,613

Post#42 » by tski1972 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:04 pm

Sounds like a lot more Cardinals will have positive test results by the end of the day.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,065

Re: Brewers/Cards Series - Saturday game postponed 

Post#43 » by Ryan5UW » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:12 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
neiLz wrote:Question - with cain opting out does he acrue a season in regards to his contract? Or does it roll over like the NFL?
Season accures they just will only pay him for 6 games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

I don’t think that’s correct. Since he wasn’t in the high risk category, he forfeits the year of service time by opting out.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,687

Re: Brewers/Cards Series - Saturday game postponed 

Post#44 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:28 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
neiLz wrote:Question - with cain opting out does he acrue a season in regards to his contract? Or does it roll over like the NFL?
Season accures they just will only pay him for 6 games.

I don’t think that’s correct. Since he wasn’t in the high risk category, he forfeits the year of service time by opting out.
I should have been more specific, yes technically he doesn't get service time but since he's past the point in his career where that matters it's kind of moot (possible implications on things like pension amount upon retirement I guess). But this 3rd year of his 5 year contract does not roll to next year, he'll come in to next season with 2 years left just like had he played this whole year. From a cash perspective the Brewers only owe him for 6 games.

Now if say a guy like Huira or Hader opted out that service time thing would matter.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,193
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#45 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:40 pm

Shocking, guys. Looks like they're going to keep playing since this is going to be something we have to deal with likely for years even with an optimistic vaccine timeline.

It is what it is. I respect any vet that wants to opt out, because it is somewhat of a **** no matter what, but people are naive if they think there will be no risk by 2021 and bubbles are basically not possible for full season MLB/NFL.

Hopefully the players are now a bit more understanding of needing to stay in when they're on the road or during this season, which barely has 2 months left before the teams start drastically thinning out anyways.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,375

Post#46 » by humanrefutation » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:03 pm

13 Cardinals have now tested positive. This is why you can't just quarantine a guy or two and move on. It takes time for the positive tests to come through.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers