Broxton to St. Louis

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: Broxton to St. Louis 

Post#21 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:05 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Its shaping up to be quite an interesting season next year. Too bad Braun will take up more than 20% of the payroll.

When rebuilding, I don't mind how much he is getting paid.

What I do care about, however, is getting his value up in the next year or two that somebody is willing to either give up value for him or at least take on the 2018-2020ish (+2021 option) years.

I'm curious if he will want out. Can't imagine he is thrilled about spending his remaining few prime years on a team that is rebuilding.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Re: Re: Broxton to St. Louis 

Post#22 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:04 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Its shaping up to be quite an interesting season next year. Too bad Braun will take up more than 20% of the payroll.

When rebuilding, I don't mind how much he is getting paid.

What I do care about, however, is getting his value up in the next year or two that somebody is willing to either give up value for him or at least take on the 2018-2020ish (+2021 option) years.

I'm curious if he will want out. Can't imagine he is thrilled about spending his remaining few prime years on a team that is rebuilding.

Well if they're really targeting 2017 as the year to be competitive again it's not gonna be too long. Plus the Brewers have stood by him through his issues. Along with their overall willingness to try and spend enough to compete, I'm not sure he'd really have all that much to legitimately complain about.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Broxton to St. Louis 

Post#23 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:43 pm

I think they won't be competing until 19.

They need to trade Lucroy, Braun (if possible), Segura.

Draft top 5 next two years, then top 10.

Then I think they will be ready for a run.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Re: Broxton to St. Louis 

Post#24 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 9:59 pm

Braun can veto trades to all but 5 teams. Not many teams will want him I'm guessing. He's probably worth more to the Brewers than anyone else because of the stigma. If they decimate the roster enough, maybe he considers being traded to other teams. You gotta figure he's much more comfortable here though. My hope is he plays 1b. If he refuses despite the team's needs, the fans might turn on him so we've got some leverage there.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers