ImageImage

2017 Prospect/Minor League/Draft Thread.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Re: 2017 Prospect/Minor League/Draft Thread. 

Post#901 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Outlander wrote:I'm not implying anything, the previous post indicated they could have taken anybody they wanted at 5 but teams use strategy now and I am just hoping they took the player they really wanted.

Why can't it be both? Maybe they really liked him and it helped with pool strategy. It's not always black and white.

Like wichmae said, he was on top of tons of draft boards. It's just another example of how often you can strike out in the draft.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#902 » by El Duderino » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 am

Iheartfootball wrote:
Outlander wrote:I'm not implying anything, the previous post indicated they could have taken anybody they wanted at 5 but teams use strategy now and I am just hoping they took the player they really wanted.

Why can't it be both? Maybe they really liked him and it helped with pool strategy. It's not always black and white.

My guess is that was the case.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#903 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 am

humanrefutation wrote:Tough news about Julio Mendez, one of our rookie ball infielders, who got hit in chest by a pitch and had a heart attack last week. He's still in critical condition according to Stearns.

Update on this.

And even better is that he's actually up and throwing a baseball.

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers