Re: Padres @ Brewers 

Post#22 » by GB_Packers » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 am

Thames!! Break out the piss test cup!
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,622

Post#23 » by blazza18 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:28 am

That was nice. Thames is buff as **** haha.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#24 » by H2tObes » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:29 am

If Thames wasn't a baseball player he could have a career in the WWE :lol:
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#25 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 am

Thames again! Off the top of the wall again!
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#26 » by BigDee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 am

Awesome!
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#27 » by Flap Jackson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 am

I love this team. I love Arcia.

Thames has been a super hero!

Knebel was obliterating.

Wow!
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#28 » by Flap Jackson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:59 am

I legitimately don't want to miss a pitch when Arcia is in the game. Growing up, my idols were Ozzie Smith and Roberto Alomar. He does not play acrobatically like those guys, but his style is equally as captivating and effective. That guy is an unsung hero on why this team keeps winning, they feed off his energy.
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#29 » by mnstinks » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:13 am

Triwi is so pissed to tonight. F him. Untuckem. Rip em.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#30 » by H2tObes » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:14 am

He definitely possesses a certain type of swagger that other guys feed off of, exciting player and could be a Brewers great.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#31 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:20 am

So tonight I was on a first date with a lady I've known for many years and seen in an unofficial fashion. Did the classy dinner at one place, roof top drinks at another classy joint, old fashions at a spot near my apartment. Finished off the night at a dive bar where shots are cheap. The Brewers were on. As I was ordering shots for the two of us and the bartender, the guys in a booth to the left started yelling. I looked at the screen. THAMES. I broke date protocol, launched two fists in the air and just chanting THAMES to myself and anyone who would listen.

Still got laid, motherf*ckers. Beat that with a stick.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#32 » by Prickle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 am

We'll never know how much "team chemistry" actually affects wins and losses (especially in baseball) - there's obviously no way to quantify it. But you'd think it certainly has to help, if even only a little. This is just my perception, but I don't think I've EVER seen a team with better chemistry than the current Brewers - not even the 2011 Beast Mode team. Regardless of how this year ends up, it sure has been fun to watch to this point. We can only hope that this is just the start of a what could be an extremely fun next 3 or 4 years.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#33 » by El Duderino » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 am

Flap Jackson wrote:I legitimately don't want to miss a pitch when Arcia is in the game. Growing up, my idols were Ozzie Smith and Roberto Alomar. He does not play acrobatically like those guys, but his style is equally as captivating and effective. That guy is an unsung hero on why this team keeps winning, they feed off his energy.

That kid is special defensively and it's not just the eye popping plays like tonight.

There are little subtle things like in how fast he transfers the ball from glove to hand while making plays on the move which allows him to get guys out by a few steps instead of it being a closer call. Kinda like how a really good CF can make plays on the move where a lesser skilled guy has to dive. He's also only 22.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#34 » by Prickle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 am

ReasonablySober wrote:So tonight I was on a first date with a lady I've known for many years and seen in an unofficial fashion. Did the classy dinner at one place, roof top drinks at another classy joint, old fashions at a spot near my apartment. Finished off the night at a dive bar where shots are cheap. The Brewers were on. As I was ordering shots for the two of us and the bartender, the guys in a booth to the left started yelling. I looked at the screen. THAMES. I broke date protocol, launched two fists in the air and just chanting THAMES to myself and anyone who would listen.

Still got laid? Maybe this was THE REASON you got laid. Well, at the very least, you now know she's "keeper" material.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#35 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:So tonight I was on a first date with a lady I've known for many years and seen in an unofficial fashion. Did the classy dinner at one place, roof top drinks at another classy joint, old fashions at a spot near my apartment. Finished off the night at a dive bar where shots are cheap. The Brewers were on. As I was ordering shots for the two of us and the bartender, the guys in a booth to the left started yelling. I looked at the screen. THAMES. I broke date protocol, launched two fists in the air and just chanting THAMES to myself and anyone who would listen.

She was probably thinking about Thames the whole time.

Spoiler:
and so were you
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#36 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:42 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

She was probably thinking about Thames the whole time.

Spoiler:
and so were you

You're not wrong.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#37 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Prickle wrote:We'll never know how much "team chemistry" actually affects wins and losses (especially in baseball) - there's obviously no way to quantify it. But you'd think it certainly has to help, if even only a little. This is just my perception, but I don't think I've EVER seen a team with better chemistry than the current Brewers - not even the 2011 Beast Mode team. Regardless of how this year ends up, it sure has been fun to watch to this point. We can only hope that this is just the start of a what could be an extremely fun next 3 or 4 years.

Have been thinking about this quite a bit lately as well. I'm glad you articulated it and posted. You can't measure team chemistry or happiness yet but clearly this team has it. It's good combo of talent, humility, and fun. They are easy to root for.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#38 » by trwi7 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:29 pm

**** like Perez and Sogard playing over Brinson is the stuff that pisses me off.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#39 » by H2tObes » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 pm

trwi7 wrote:**** like Perez and Sogard playing over Brinson is the stuff that pisses me off.

He is 23 and we are fighting for 1st place in the division. This isn't the 60-102 team you thought it would be before the season, who gives a ****
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#40 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:40 pm

trwi7 wrote:**** like Perez and Sogard playing over Brinson is the stuff that pisses me off.

I hear that. I also see value in easing him in so he doesn't press. He is swinging at a lot of crap up there.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers