ImageImage

2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread 

Post#1 » by cam2win » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:40 am

Hello gentlemen - in search of two replacement managers to join my Yahoo Fantasy Baseball keeper league. This league was started with all realgm members and still contains mostly realgm members. This will be year 12 (maybe 13) coming up. The league is free but is highly competitive so I ask that if you join you plan to stay active.

High level league facts:
16 team head to head
16 categories (8 hitting and 8 pitching)
10 move weekly limit
5 keeper limit with 3 eligible keeper year
League Facebook group for discussions, trades and year round talk

Spots will be first come first join. If interested or want more detail please email me: teams2n@msn.com or feel free to post questions here. Look forward to adding the two new players this year!
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Baseball - 2 members needed 

Post#2 » by Tfence92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 am

Emailed ya
cam2win
Veteran

Post#3 » by cam2win » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Awesome, one spot filled. Invite and email sent.

Still one more spot for those interested
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#4 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm

im in
cam2win
Veteran

Post#5 » by cam2win » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Perfect, just sent you an email. Looks like both spots filled up quickly! Look forward to having both of you in the league this year!
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#6 » by wichmae » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Awesome. This is a very tough league. There's one guy in this league who's been in the last three championships. :)
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#7 » by Tfence92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:16 pm

wichmae wrote:Awesome. This is a very tough league. There's one guy in this league who's been in the last three championships. :)

Yea, I see I have my work cut out for me here haha I think Beltre is my best player.
WIBadgerFan
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#8 » by WIBadgerFan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Best fantasy league I've been a part of. Can't wait for this year! (Bullet Club)
cam2win
Veteran

Post#9 » by cam2win » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks for the kind words Wichmae and BulletClub. Its players like you that make this league as strong as it is. Im excited for the two new players, looks like we will have 16 strong teams/managers this year.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#10 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Will this serve as a general fantasy thread? Or should a new one be started?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#11 » by wichmae » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:08 am

Just leave this as the fantasy thread IMO
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#12 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

So, it been forever since I played some legit fantasy baseball and threw my hat into a money league. Did some minor internet scoping for my 'research. I took my chances on youth/breakout in the outfield and tried to get my stable (at least in my semi informed opinion) production/value everywhere else. Hit SP early because I remember that being my achillies my last go around.

12 Team
H2H (yeah, I know)
Batter scoring cats
(R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG)
Pitching scoring cats
(W,S,SO,ERA,WHIP)

C-Posey (SF)
1B- R.Hoskins (Phi)
2B- LaMahieu (Col)
SS- Correa (Hou)
3B-Bergman (Hou)
OF- Puig (LAD) Margot (SD) Mazara (Tex)
Util-Moncada (2B - CWS) Souza Jr.(OF - Ariz)

SP1- Sherzer (Was)
SP2- Verlander (Hou)
RP1- Knebel (Mil)
RP2- Doolittle (Was)
P - Arrieta (SP - FA) Bauer (SP - Cle) Anderson (SP - Mil) Chatwood (SP/RP - ChC)

Bench- Acuña (OF - Atl) Haniger (OF - Sea) Dahl (OF - Col) Morrison (1B - Minn) Hader (RP - Mil)

Any thoughts on this roster? Sounds like Acuña will be starting in AAA. Should I hold on or move on? Is Hader worth a spot? FA Cupboard is pretty bare.

Thx

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#13 » by humanrefutation » Thu Mar 1, 2018 3:24 am

wichmae wrote:Just leave this as the fantasy thread IMO

Done and done.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,201

Re: 2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread 

Post#14 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Mar 1, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm in a 12 team roto 10 category league with QS and OBP instead of Ws and AVG. I kept Trea Turner, Carlos Correa, Noah Syndergaard, Christian Yelich, Rafael Devers, and Jose Berrios. I have the second overall pick after all the keepers are off the board. The best three players remaining are Votto, Sale, and Rizzo (2B eligible on Yahoo). The guy with the 1st pick has the 5th pick as well and says he's going to take Rizzo, so I'm going to have my choice of Votto or Sale. I'm leaning Votto since it is an OBP league, what do you guys think?
Misery loves company
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#15 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Mar 1, 2018 4:59 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:I'm in a 12 team roto 10 category league with QS and OBP instead of Ws and AVG. I kept Trea Turner, Carlos Correa, Noah Syndergaard, Christian Yelich, Rafael Devers, and Jose Berrios. I have the second overall pick after all the keepers are off the board. The best three players remaining are Votto, Sale, and Rizzo (2B eligible on Yahoo). The guy with the 1st pick has the 5th pick as well and says he's going to take Rizzo, so I'm going to have my choice of Votto or Sale. I'm leaning Votto since it is an OBP league, what do you guys think?

That seems like the right call, but I guess the other question is how active is this league? If it's less "daily" and I can't make as many moves or depending what your pitching starts limit is makes me shade my strategy to pitching or hitting.

More active leagues = draft hitters, stream pitchers (and also stream your lesser hitting spots).

Less active = get your pitching in the draft and figure out hitting more as you go.

Obviously I still get fairly balanced, but I'm in some lower move leagues where I like to have pitching stability.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#16 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:19 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:I'm in a 12 team roto 10 category league with QS and OBP instead of Ws and AVG. I kept Trea Turner, Carlos Correa, Noah Syndergaard, Christian Yelich, Rafael Devers, and Jose Berrios. I have the second overall pick after all the keepers are off the board. The best three players remaining are Votto, Sale, and Rizzo (2B eligible on Yahoo). The guy with the 1st pick has the 5th pick as well and says he's going to take Rizzo, so I'm going to have my choice of Votto or Sale. I'm leaning Votto since it is an OBP league, what do you guys think?

Sale all the way - Getting a top 3 SP in fantasy baseball is the way to go.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Mar 1, 2018 7:43 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:

That seems like the right call, but I guess the other question is how active is this league? If it's less "daily" and I can't make as many moves or depending what your pitching starts limit is makes me shade my strategy to pitching or hitting.

More active leagues = draft hitters, stream pitchers (and also stream your lesser hitting spots).

Less active = get your pitching in the draft and figure out hitting more as you go.

Obviously I still get fairly balanced, but I'm in some lower move leagues where I like to have pitching stability.

It is a daily league that is extremely active. Innings cap is 1,400 and transactions cap is 85.
Misery loves company
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#18 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Mar 1, 2018 7:49 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

It is a daily league that is extremely active. Innings cap is 1,400 and transactions cap is 85.

Hmmm, with an innings cap, I'd maybe go Sale. Get your quality innings. 85 moves seems low but it looks like a dynasty league so that's pretty normal.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:22 pm

If he takes Sale and not Rizzo, would you guys go Votto or Rizzo (2B eligible)?
Misery loves company
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#20 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:28 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:If he takes Sale and not Rizzo, would you guys go Votto or Rizzo (2B eligible)?

That's close. In an OBP league, I am just such a Votto fan that I'd still go with him. Still, 2B eligibility is very nice for Rizzo, but Votto's OBP is unmatched I'd probably still take him.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers