ImageImage

Marlins at Brewers Series Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,864

Re: Marlins at Brewers Series Thread 

Post#121 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:42 am

Braves walkoff gets an RT from the mlb twitter account. Brewers don't. I'm not mad.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,426

Post#122 » by trwi7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:It’s awesome because they won’t go into a full tank but are still fairly well run for a small market and you’re still **** wasting your time here praying for a 5 year tanking fest starting today.

Hey, it's great that we fell ass backwards into a top 5 pick once and then decided to forgo continuing on that path in an attempt to compete. It's great. That 86 win banner will look awesome.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Speaking of tanking I feel like that strategy has diminishing returns this year with so many teams not trying. A pretty bad team is going to still finish like 12th in the race for the bottom. We saw that a bit this year in the NBA too.

If we had actually done it when we should have we'd be either at the very end or just coming out of the top 5 draft picks starting this year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Marlins at Brewers Series Thread 

Post#123 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:30 am

trwi7 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:It’s awesome because they won’t go into a full tank but are still fairly well run for a small market and you’re still **** wasting your time here praying for a 5 year tanking fest starting today.

Hey, it's great that we fell ass backwards into a top 5 pick once and then decided to forgo continuing on that path in an attempt to compete. It's great. That 86 win banner will look awesome.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Speaking of tanking I feel like that strategy has diminishing returns this year with so many teams not trying. A pretty bad team is going to still finish like 12th in the race for the bottom. We saw that a bit this year in the NBA too.

If we had actually done it when we should have we'd be either at the very end or just coming out of the top 5 draft picks starting this year.

You’re talking to someone that literally left 25 years of Bucks fandom and outside of casual fandom never came back late in the Kohl era. I get the mediocrity argument.

Baseball is a lot different. I’d have hopped aboard the tanking wagon if they so chose, but they’re pretty well run and they still were fairly smart about the rebuild. Winning 85-90 games over several years can win you a championship in baseball. Winning 45ish in basketball almost certainly doesn’t.

You can also rise from an 85 to a 90+ win team in baseball without a top pick if you’re well run.

I just don’t understand why you’re wasting your time with this if this is such a problem. Cut the cord. Take Marlins Man’s seat on that bandwagon.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#124 » by trwi7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:35 am

You do realize it's not easy to cut the cord, right? If it was easy I would've stopped being a Bucks fan like 10 years ago.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#125 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:39 am

trwi7 wrote:You do realize it's not easy to cut the cord, right? If it was easy I would've stopped being a Bucks fan like 10 years ago.

It’s real easy. Go and enjoy other **** or pick a new team. I can’t think of anything that is more of a waste of time than intently watching a team and cheering against them (when they are decent and clearly not tanking) and also praying for a tanking stretch of years.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#126 » by trwi7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 am

It's easy for you because you **** live out of state. I like baseball. My only option to watch baseball is the Brewers and I certainly don't care enough about another team to pay whatever MLB.tv or whatever it is costs. I don't even watch the Brewers a ton. Lepay and Anderson suck. I've heard every Schroeder cliché 10,000 times. Attanasio's voice makes me want to beat toddlers etc.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about how they should've tanked. Or how they have been lucky. Or how they have been **** against teams that aren't terrible. If you hate it so much, put me on **** ignore.

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#127 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:48 am

trwi7 wrote:

They should have rebuilt after prince left. But what's done is done. They could have sucked worse in 16 and picked higher than 9 last year but keston seems like a nice prospect so not sure that picking a few spots higher yields a better outcome. They won't be picking high this year but I just dont view that as a franchise killer.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#128 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:08 am

I totally get that there are different perspectives based on how hardcore of a fan you are.

Baseball is my 3rd favorite sport behind NFL and NBA so it's more of a thing thats on in the background while I'm trapped inside in 110 heat playing dolls with my 3 yr old than something i ride or die for. So I appreciate a fun albeit flawed team that wins some.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#129 » by El Duderino » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 am

humanrefutation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:8-1 against the steaming piles of **** in the league. 5-8 against teams that are at minimum semi-competent.

They definitely need to play better against competent teams if they want to be a serious contender.

I never discount wins vs bad teams because even bad teams will win 60 plus games, so wins aren't a given. Don't win them at a high clip and then if your team misses the playoffs by only a game or two, it's one reason why.

In all pro sports, good teams have to feast on the bad ones.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,743

Post#130 » by msiris » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Someone said baseball is a game of inches so there is more luck involved . Someone here reminds me of the scornful old lady sitting in a chair watching everyone else having a good time. I get what he is saying but it is what it is.
Ride the tank
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#131 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Santana riding the bench against a LHP.

Read on Twitter
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,874

Post#132 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:20 pm

It's getting kind of sad with twirl. Been a long time since he poked his head of the weird little rabbit hole he got himself trapped in. He needs an exorcism or something. Tanking has turned into a cult-like belief in the rapture for him.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,182

Post#133 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey but at least the Brewers are winning right now
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#134 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Bases loaded, two outs, Brinson up to bat. What could go wrong?
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#135 » by Aaron It Out » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:47 pm

:D
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#136 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:51 pm

That was cool.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#137 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 pm

This is some next level stuff from the Marlins.
LuckyLoydWalton
Rookie
And1: 171

Post#138 » by LuckyLoydWalton » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Sweeps against anybody are Sweet!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,182

Post#139 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:53 pm

MAID ME, BITCHES.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,864

Post#140 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers