ImageImage

Marlins at Brewers Series Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: Marlins at Brewers Series Thread 

Post#141 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Is there a stranger phenomenon in baseball than jeffries only being good when he's a brewer?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#142 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm

blazza18 wrote:Image

My dude.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#143 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:32 pm

trwi7 wrote:It's easy for you because you **** live out of state. I like baseball. My only option to watch baseball is the Brewers and I certainly don't care enough about another team to pay whatever MLB.tv or whatever it is costs. I don't even watch the Brewers a ton. Lepay and Anderson suck. I've heard every Schroeder cliché 10,000 times. Attanasio's voice makes me want to beat toddlers etc.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about how they should've tanked. Or how they have been lucky. Or how they have been **** against teams that aren't terrible. If you hate it so much, put me on **** ignore.

Just wondering if there is anything out there, in the entire universe that you can find to not complain about?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#144 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Nice to win 6 straight. Even if they aren't good teams you still have to win, and believe it or not good teams lose to bad teams sometimes. Also, most the games the Brewers lost haven't been pretty but they haven't gotten destroyed either. Play .500 against good teams and beat up on bad teams, pretty solid plan.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#145 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Another win against a bad team. God Damn It.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#146 » by bizarro » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Image

My dude.

My dudez! This is what I came for. I will now depart. Nice!
bizarro
RealGM

Post#147 » by bizarro » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Is there a stranger phenomenon in baseball than jeffries only being good when he's a brewer?

I would probably say Oliver Drake still being on a mlb roster is a bigger phenomenon. But, hey, Jeffress doing so well in Milwaukee is quite nice if not strange.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#148 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Is there a stranger phenomenon in baseball than jeffries only being good when he's a brewer?

Maybe the fact people still think his last name is Jeffries lol
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#149 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:

Ha yeah spelling has never been a strength.

Overall the brewers have done a heck of a job putting together a bullpen at a low cost... drake excluded obviously lol
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#150 » by H2tObes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Lucky sweep imo
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#151 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Anyone know what our record is with Yelich in the lineup?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#152 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

Ha yeah spelling has never been a strength.

Overall the brewers have done a heck of a job putting together a bullpen at a low cost... drake excluded obviously lol

Just givin ya **** but it is interesting how he seems to be comfortable here. Some guys just like teams and feel comfortable. Maybe it has to do with him coming up through this organization and the team treating him well, despite his early issues in the minors. He was fantastic today working out of that bases loaded jam
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#153 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 am

Gianstoppable wrote:
trwi7 wrote:It's easy for you because you **** live out of state. I like baseball. My only option to watch baseball is the Brewers and I certainly don't care enough about another team to pay whatever MLB.tv or whatever it is costs. I don't even watch the Brewers a ton. Lepay and Anderson suck. I've heard every Schroeder cliché 10,000 times. Attanasio's voice makes me want to beat toddlers etc.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about how they should've tanked. Or how they have been lucky. Or how they have been **** against teams that aren't terrible. If you hate it so much, put me on **** ignore.

Just wondering if there is anything out there, in the entire universe that you can find to not complain about?

Puppies and hot chicks blowing me. Unless they're toothy.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#154 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am

trwi7 wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

I'm calling animal rescue on your ass.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#155 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

I'm calling animal rescue on your ass.

Tell them to get some peanut butter before they stop over.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#156 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:21 am

Had to look up the Yelich stats myself you ****. 9-2 with him. All lucky and flukey unfortunately.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#157 » by bizarro » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:06 am

This year's bullpen has willed the Brewer pitching staff to a near top 10 status. That's impressive considering the erratic and utter inconsistency of the starting rotation.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#158 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:32 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:It's getting kind of sad with twirl. Been a long time since he poked his head of the weird little rabbit hole he got himself trapped in. He needs an exorcism or something. Tanking has turned into a cult-like belief in the rapture for him.

Why do you even care?

If he chooses to be pissed off or annoyed when the Brewers win instead of enjoying it, yawn.

I'm really getting into baseball more than in a long time and i love watching this Brewers team. In fact, even though the Bucks are in the playoffs, i was almost as looking forward to watching the Brewers game as i was the Bucks.

DVR's are wonderful inventions, got to watch two fun wins and man is Yelich fun to watch. My favorite Brewer, with Hadar a close second.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#159 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:43 am

I don't recall him having that split change when he was with us before he was traded to Texas.

That pitch, with his command of it makes Jeffress hard to hit. Hell, K-Rod reinvented himself from a mid-90's fastball/slider reliever with the Angels, to a productive pitcher even though his velocity dropped to the low 90's because he mastered a changeup.

The more Jeffress learns to command that split change to go with a 94-95mph fastball, along with a solid curve, that's a tough arsenal of pitches for a reliever to come at hitters with.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#160 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:31 pm

El Duderino wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:It's getting kind of sad with twirl. Been a long time since he poked his head of the weird little rabbit hole he got himself trapped in. He needs an exorcism or something. Tanking has turned into a cult-like belief in the rapture for him.

Why do you even care?

If he chooses to be pissed off or annoyed when the Brewers win instead of enjoying it, yawn.

I'm really getting into baseball more than in a long time and i love watching this Brewers team. In fact, even though the Bucks are in the playoffs, i was almost as looking forward to watching the Brewers game as i was the Bucks.

DVR's are wonderful inventions, got to watch two fun wins and man is Yelich fun to watch. My favorite Brewer, with Hadar a close second.

I care because I learned a lot from him and Wichmae about the nuances of farm systems and drafts and young players that wouldn't have otherwise been on my radar and it made me appreciate baseball more. I also like a little dissent. Unfortunately he's just stuck in a loop at this point.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers