Damn. Good. Job.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Re: Brewers @ Rockies Series Thread 

Post#103 » by blazza18 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Couldn't even go 6. Smh.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#104 » by Gianstoppable » Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I understand to a point but you're up 7-0, Peralta is right around 100 pitches and there's 2 outs. I hate these hard pitch count limits. Does it actually matter if Freddy finished with 98 pitches or 103? I mean Jesus Christ, CC is finally using the bullpen the way most fans have wanted it to be controlled (using your best relievers in high leverage situations, not bullpen roles) But he still bats Braun 3rd just cuz and does this ****. Let the kid finish the inning
#FreeChuckDiesel
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,171

Post#105 » by raysbookclub » Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

1-hit shutout over just shy of 6 innings, in Colorado. Great job by Peralta.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#106 » by bizarro » Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Unreal performance. So happy for the kid and his family. 13 k’s?!? Swoon.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#107 » by humanrefutation » Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 pm

What a start by Peralta. Too bad his pitch count was too high for him to go for a couple more Ks and the CG SO, but this is great nevertheless.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#108 » by wichmae » Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Bernman wrote:I see a young Yovani Gallardo so far. Low to mid 90's fastball, good location, sets up hitters, calm demeanor, neither overly big. How is the offspeed stuff? The inning I've seen he's throwing heavily fastballs.

Gallardo had better stuff and more pitches than Freddy does. He's probably a weird mix of Archer and Gallardo with a little bit of Stroman delivery slid in. He hits spots but can get wild. Hides ball well but can elevate and get hit hard when he loses his mechanics. The future of this teams rotation is really, really bright.

Just to really put in perspective how well weve done with developing pitching him and Herrera who we got for Lind would probably be top 8 system and top pitchers in Seattle's system. We also got Missaki who's coming off 2nd TJ this year in that deal.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#109 » by bizarro » Sun May 13, 2018 10:04 pm

wichmae wrote:
Bernman wrote:I see a young Yovani Gallardo so far. Low to mid 90's fastball, good location, sets up hitters, calm demeanor, neither overly big. How is the offspeed stuff? The inning I've seen he's throwing heavily fastballs.

Gallardo had better stuff and more pitches than Freddy does. He's probably a weird mix of Archer and Gallardo with a little bit of Stroman delivery slid in. He hits spots but can get wild. Hides ball well but can elevate and get hit hard when he loses his mechanics. The future of this teams rotation is really, really bright.

Just to really put in perspective how well weve done with developing pitching him and Herrera who we got for Lind would probably be top 8 system and top pitchers in Seattle's system. We also got Missaki who's coming off 2nd TJ this year in that deal.

Yeah, that Lind deal was really a masterful deal by Stearns for a relatively meaningless veteran at the tail end of his career.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#110 » by wichmae » Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm

bizarro wrote:
wichmae wrote:

Yeah, that Lind deal was really a masterful deal by Stearns for a relatively meaningless veteran at the tail end of his career.

He does a masterful job of getting that last ounce out of every deal. Hill (later flipped for Rijo), Herrera (Missaki was one of the bigger names in the deal), Yeison Coca, Cordell (got us Swarzak), and lets not forget Keon. For all the flack he got for not signing a huge FA pitcher he's surely in the upper echelon of GM talent.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#111 » by Bernman » Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Let Hader work from the beginning of the 9th. Don't worry about archaic factors like whether it's a save situation, especially in Coors. If anything Hader hasn't been getting enough work.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#112 » by ReasonablySober » Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 pm

I'll take 3 of 4 on the road, a ridiculous comeback, and one of the great debut pitching performances in baseball history.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#113 » by bizarro » Mon May 14, 2018 12:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'll take 3 of 4 on the road, a ridiculous comeback, and one of the great debut pitching performances in baseball history.

Most definitely.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#114 » by trwi7 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:48 am

Keep Peralta in the rotation and call up Burnes.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#115 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 am

Read on Twitter
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#116 » by trwi7 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:35 am

I remember when people on bf.net were freaking out because we traded Adam Lind for 3 prospects that weren't in the Mariners top 30 and they didn't realize that we were trading Adam Lind and not somebody good.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#117 » by El Duderino » Mon May 14, 2018 3:21 am

trwi7 wrote:I remember when people on bf.net were freaking out because we traded Adam Lind for 3 prospects that weren't in the Mariners top 30 and they didn't realize that we were trading Adam Lind and not somebody good.

Yea, even though 18 year old arms without a great pedigree won't make the majors all that often, lottery tickets do cash out sometimes and they pay out better than dollar scratch off tickets. Melvin never would have searched out a trade like this one.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#118 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon May 14, 2018 3:37 am

I need to dig up that thread. I think either on there or maybe here somebody was arguing pretty hard with me for some low ceiling guy in the Mariners’ system because he was in their top 5 prospects and these other guys were unknown.
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#119 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 am

trwi7 wrote:I remember when people on bf.net were freaking out because we traded Adam Lind for 3 prospects that weren't in the Mariners top 30 and they didn't realize that we were trading Adam Lind and not somebody good.

Yep I remember that thread, there is a zero percent chance of making a bad trade when you trade a guy like Lind on a one year deal for young unknown prospects.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#120 » by wichmae » Mon May 14, 2018 8:06 am

El Duderino wrote:

Yea, even though 18 year old arms without a great pedigree won't make the majors all that often, lottery tickets do cash out sometimes and they pay out better than dollar scratch off tickets. Melvin never would have searched out a trade like this one.

Absolutely wasnt me. I was one of the strong proponents of the deal. Missaki was the get in the deal and he may turn out to be the only flop Carlos Herrera who is our #30 would probably be SEA's #2 or 3 pitcher in their entire system right now. Granted they never would have developed like we did.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers