ImageImage

NLDS Game 2: Rockies at Crew - 3:15 - FS1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Re: NLDS Game 2: Rockies at Crew - 3:15 - FS1 

Post#321 » by bizarro » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:34 am

trwi7 wrote:Having Thames instead of Schoop would certainly help a lot against Marquez.

Could go

Cain (if Broxton was a better hitter he might be getting a game off)
Yelich
Shaw
Moose
Granderson
Thames
Whatever catcher
Arcia/Perez
Pitcher

They probably wouldn't stack all the lefties like that but Marquez is at a .591 OPS against righties and .796 against lefties.

Are you suggesting the Brewers hurt Schoop to get Thames back on the NLDS roster?
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#322 » by kid idioteque » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:58 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:I know we've thought this numerous times over the last few years and ended up being wrong but..... do we finally have our ace?

Nope, we have no ace. Chacin was good enough and he's a solid starter, but not an ace.

He's been so good this week though.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,999

Post#323 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:07 am

I think the Rockies are going to regret not going to Freeland in Game 3.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#324 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Christ. Just watching this thing was a pain in the ass.

I went in to work early and left early. Sit down at my bar next door, a classy joint with sports on all the time. Ask the bartender if we could get the audio for the game and she says of course. The manager comes by two minutes later (a friend of mine!) and switches it to Wonderwall on Pandora. What a dick! I left.

Went across the street to the biggest sh*thole you've ever been in. Worst clientele ever. But I know the bartenders and it won't be crowded. One dude comes strolling in (on a bike with lights and a flag?!) and asks the cute bartender if she wants to smell some perfume and she's nice so she says sure and this homeless looking **** takes out some Walmart sweat pea crap and sprays a gallon onto her chest and on me because he's next to me and that's all I smell for the next six innings. I switch seats next to a bunch of drunk dads with their 8-10 year old daughters. Then a new bartender (another friend on my volleyball team) comes in at the 6:00 shift and switches from the game to EAR SPLITTING garbage rap. I leave.

Finally walk a block down to a nicer joint. Game is on, audio is on, small amount of customers all totally invested in the game. Brewers proceed to score runs and win. The end.

The manager who changed it to Wonderwall is no friend of yours.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#325 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:21 am

humanrefutation wrote:I think the Rockies are going to regret not going to Freeland in Game 3.

Marquez has been pretty damn good in the 2nd half but Freeland is probably who they’d want.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#326 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:23 am

trwi7 wrote:Having Thames instead of Schoop would certainly help a lot against Marquez.

Could go

Yelich
Shaw
Moose
Granderson
Thames
Whatever catcher
Arcia/Perez
Pitcher

They probably wouldn't stack all the lefties like that but Marquez is at a .591 OPS against righties and .796 against lefties.

Granderson starting over Braun is effectively the same thing, of course you don’t really have any lefties on your bench, though.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#327 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:27 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I think the Rockies are going to regret not going to Freeland in Game 3.

Marquez has been pretty damn good in the 2nd half but Freeland is probably who they’d want.

Yeah, but if they lose in Game 3, that'll be a dominant narrative afterwards.

Another plus to using Freeland in Game 3 id that they could possibly get something out of him in Game 5 on two days rest if they absolutely needed to.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#328 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Oct 6, 2018 3:50 am

So going to Miley in game 3, but obv. who knows how many innings he will pitch. I am sure Freddy will be ready and waiting
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#329 » by El Duderino » Sat Oct 6, 2018 5:21 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:

Marquez has been even better than pretty damn good in the 2nd half.

An ERA of 2.14 in each of August and September. Given half of those starts came in Coors Field, it extra impressive.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#330 » by sidney lanier » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:23 pm

There's so much tension and importance to every game, and has been for the past two weeks, that you kind of overlook the fact that this team has won ten in a row. The headline on mlb.com -- Crew leads NLDS 2-0 after 10th straight overall W -- caught me a little off-guard.

What a run.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#331 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:42 pm

sidney lanier wrote:There's so much tension and importance to every game, and has been for the past two weeks, that you kind of overlook the fact that this team has won ten in a row. The headline on mlb.com -- Crew leads NLDS 2-0 after 10th straight overall W -- caught me a little off-guard.

What a run.

Now lets win anther 10 in a row.; :nod: :clap:
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#332 » by sidney lanier » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:47 pm

livestrong4ever wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:There's so much tension and importance to every game, and has been for the past two weeks, that you kind of overlook the fact that this team has won ten in a row. The headline on mlb.com -- Crew leads NLDS 2-0 after 10th straight overall W -- caught me a little off-guard.

What a run.

I'd happily settle for 9.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#333 » by buckbeer » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:58 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:

What a run.

I'd happily settle for 9.

Me too, that will be sufficient to win the world series... and it will probably be the greatest run in MLB history.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#334 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Oct 6, 2018 3:15 pm

Weather is looking bad for game 3. Looks like its supposed to rain right around when first pitch at 3:00 ish central. so looks like we may get a "night" game afterall
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#335 » by trwi7 » Sat Oct 6, 2018 7:07 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:

Could go

Yelich
Shaw
Moose
Granderson
Thames
Whatever catcher
Arcia/Perez
Pitcher

Granderson starting over Braun is effectively the same thing, of course you don’t really have any lefties on your bench, though.

You wouldn't really need a lefty on the bench.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#336 » by Jollay » Sun Oct 7, 2018 7:40 pm

Drove up from DC for the game by myself. As usual regretting exactly nothing of it despite being in my car for almost a full day.

Although, Chicago to Milwaukee construction, wow. Also team store prices at Miller Park...are you serious? First time I've ever come to Wisconsin and been amazed at cost...

Return to Milwaukee Brewers