ImageImage

NLCS Game 2: Dodgers at Brewers - 3:09 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: NLCS Game 2: Dodgers at Brewers - 3:09 - FOX 

Post#321 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 am

Need to do something with Jeffress other than putting him in high pressure spots. Something just isn't right right now. No control. No "finish" on his pitches.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,995

Post#322 » by humanrefutation » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:58 am

sidney lanier wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Just didn't have the bullets in the pen today. This is the flaw with the bullpen heavy approach.

Starter or reliever, you have to make pitches, and they didn’t. Miley was great, but you can’t blame CC for an anticipatory hook.

We’re facing a team with talent and depth. The top of the order will have to hit to beat them. But what the hell, we beat their HOF lefty and had them on the ropes today. Still a very winnable series.

LOL with that cliche. Of course they have to make pitches. Did you steal that quote from Tim McCarver?

The reality is that when you use all of your top relievers in one game, it makes it hard to expect them all to come back less than 24 hours later and expect them to do it all again.

I'm not convinced that this strategy won't kill us in this series. But I recognize that CC had some tough decisions and hindsight is 20/20.

In my ideal scenario, we get three out Gio, three out of Woody, and then try to get by with Guerra for as long as we can before we turn to the big guns. CC decided to slam the door and the back end of the pen barely held on. That hurt today because we fired all of our bullets. I don't blame CC for that result, but we have to acknowledge the risk that comes with that approach.

I also would have liked to run out Guerra post Miley today to soak up some innings before trying to run out those boys again. But it's unfortunate that Burnes just didn't have it today.

The day off gives him a chance to reset his approach. I hope Chacin can give us at least six on Monday.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#323 » by livestrong4ever » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 am

well that loss sucked, kind of glad i did not watch this live. well. game 3 it is. lets just let hader pitch entire game? :p
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#324 » by Wisky4life » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 am

Couldn't catch the game but knew when we were up 3-1 is just wasn't enough.

We need game 3 to rebuild momentum. Lost an easy one today.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#325 » by chuckleslove » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 pm

We weren't going to win them all but the way we lost that one hurt. I don't like bringing JJ in with runners on every day lately but then the 2 run home run he gave up was all him. Just one of those things. As said before the 2-3-2 format sucks big time. Game 3 is huge gotta get back at it.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,878

Post#326 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Jeffress should know better than to make some of the comments he made to the media yesterday about the Dodgers hitters getting lucky. Even if there's partial truth to it, that's part of baseball. I can imagine that he's more frustrated than any of us on here about how things have been breaking for him this postseason, and we're all pretty frustrated.
rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Post#327 » by rotty » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Rooting for the brewers to win it all!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#328 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Jeffress should know better than to make some of the comments he made to the media yesterday about the Dodgers hitters getting lucky. Even if there's partial truth to it, that's part of baseball. I can imagine that he's more frustrated than any of us on here about how things have been breaking for him this postseason, and we're all pretty frustrated.
I'm fine with the comments. I don't believe in bulletin board in baseball because trying harder to hit doesn't work. If he continues to get hit the comments will get thrown in his face but that's his problem not the team. Mostly I don't care because relief pitching is so mental I'd rather him think that and keep his confidence than be in his own head and believe he's falling apart.

And as you mention he's not completely wrong. He's not pitched well but he's also had a ton of bad luck on weak contact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,365

Post#329 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:00 pm

It evens out in baseball. Bloopers fall in, grounders find the hole. Hard liners get caught. Diving catches in the outfield. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes the other team gets lucky
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers