RealGM
And1: 5,202

Re: 2022 Brewers Trades, Transactions, News - McCutchen Signs 

Post#523 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:02 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Chad34 wrote:does narvaez look a lot heavier :o

To me he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's head scratching to me how a pro athlete doesn't take care of their body. you'd think being in shape would help their production. MLB has the most culprits. I always wondered how much better someone like willy perelta could've been. maybe it doesn't matter in baseball since there's a lot of out of shape guys :dontknow: :lol:
Chad34
RealGM

Post#524 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:12 pm

Suter is one of my favorite brewers. love that guy
Chad34
RealGM

Post#525 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 pm

jace peterson with a 2 run bomb. great find last year. good glue guy
Chad34
RealGM

Post#526 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:49 pm

i know it's early in spring trading, but keston and yelich looking better. What a big boost that would be. i think i'm going to really like renfroe also
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#527 » by M-C-G » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:21 pm

Chad34 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
Chad34 wrote:does narvaez look a lot heavier :o

To me he does

it's head scratching to me how a pro athlete doesn't take care of their body. you'd think being in shape would help their production. MLB has the most culprits. I always wondered how much better someone like willy perelta could've been. maybe it doesn't matter in baseball since there's a lot of out of shape guys :dontknow: :lol:

I have for years been disappointed with a lot of guys that go back to like the Venezuela leagues, they come back with awful mechanics and typically in piss poor shape. Makes me think of Kenny Powers in the Mexico league.

No idea what goes down there but seems like it is a yearly thing followed by a down year by participants there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chad34
RealGM

Post#528 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:23 pm

nice to see rickie back as a developmental coach. still looks like he's in game shape
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#529 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:43 pm

Not a Rickie fan since he refused to play outfield when the team was in a pinch. "I'm a second baseman". He was making $11 million and had lost his starting job because he sucked. He wouldn't even try it.

Milwaukee Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Saturday that seldom-used second baseman Rickie Weeks was asked about the possibility of learning how to play left field and declined.

Weeks, the starter at second base for 8½ seasons before being supplanted by Scooter Gennett, has played only against left-handed pitchers and in pinch-hit situations since the early days of the season. Because Weeks plays only second base, it has prevented him from seeing action at other positions.

The Brewers have been thin in the outfield with Ryan Braun on the DL, and new leftfielder KhrisDavis has struggled mightily of late at the plate (4 for 33). Accordingly, Roenicke broached the subject with Weeks of working out in left field to see if he might be an option there.

"We talked about things with him, going to different places," said Roenicke, who indicated that conversation was fairly recent. "We talked with him about whether he thought he could play the outfield, whether he thought he could play first base.

"He does not want to do it."

Asked if he'd usually try to persuade a player that such a move might be beneficial, Roenicke said, "Yeah. I'll leave it at that."

Weeks, who started Saturday night against New York Yankees lefty CC Sabathia, was asked why he wasn't interested in giving left field, or any other position, a try.

"I'm a second baseman," said Weeks. "I feel like right now I should be playing second base."

As for the possibility of changing his mind, Weeks said, "Right now, I'm a second baseman."
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#530 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Not a Rickie fan since he refused to play outfield when the team was in a pinch. "I'm a second baseman". He was making $11 million and had lost his starting job because he sucked. He wouldn't even try it.

Milwaukee Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Saturday that seldom-used second baseman Rickie Weeks was asked about the possibility of learning how to play left field and declined.

Weeks, the starter at second base for 8½ seasons before being supplanted by Scooter Gennett, has played only against left-handed pitchers and in pinch-hit situations since the early days of the season. Because Weeks plays only second base, it has prevented him from seeing action at other positions.

The Brewers have been thin in the outfield with Ryan Braun on the DL, and new leftfielder KhrisDavis has struggled mightily of late at the plate (4 for 33). Accordingly, Roenicke broached the subject with Weeks of working out in left field to see if he might be an option there.

"We talked about things with him, going to different places," said Roenicke, who indicated that conversation was fairly recent. "We talked with him about whether he thought he could play the outfield, whether he thought he could play first base.

"He does not want to do it."

Asked if he'd usually try to persuade a player that such a move might be beneficial, Roenicke said, "Yeah. I'll leave it at that."

Weeks, who started Saturday night against New York Yankees lefty CC Sabathia, was asked why he wasn't interested in giving left field, or any other position, a try.

"I'm a second baseman," said Weeks. "I feel like right now I should be playing second base."

As for the possibility of changing his mind, Weeks said, "Right now, I'm a second baseman."

I was ready to see him go at the time, but time helps heal some wounds, and it's nice to see a familiar face. they interviewed him in the dugout and it sounded like he somewhat admitted his mistake in not willing to adjust with the analytics, but what else is he going to say now? seemed like he had so much untaped potential. i'm sure injuries didn't help.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#531 » by jute2003 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:11 pm

Has anyone been able to watch them at all? Any of the new guys look promising? Old guys looking more comfortable?
only a fan, only an opinion
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#532 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:37 am

Read on Twitter
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#533 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:00 am

jute2003 wrote:Has anyone been able to watch them at all? Any of the new guys look promising? Old guys looking more comfortable?

You can watch them because you miss baseball. Never watch to see who looks good and who doesn't. It doesn't matter at all.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,968

Post#534 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:58 am

Keston's had a nice ST.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#535 » by jute2003 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Keston's had a nice ST.
He is one of the ones I was curious about. A change to his approach or swing should be obvious.
only a fan, only an opinion
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#536 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03 pm

jute2003 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Keston's had a nice ST.
He is one of the ones I was curious about. A change to his approach or swing should be obvious.

I feel like a change in mindset might be/could be the golden ticket for him.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#537 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:48 pm

Keston is Mr. March
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#538 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:09 pm

I'm willing to be cautiously optimistic with Keston. His mom was battling cancer and sometimes its hard to block out those kind of mental distractions. Seemed like once he struggled it just snowballed out of control and he was completely lost at the plate. I doubt he forgot how to hit so hopefully he's in better place mentally and has a bounce back.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#539 » by MVP2110 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:55 am

I gotta say I'm excited for Taylor. He absolutely should start every game vs LHP. In fact one of Cain or Yelich might need to sit games vs lefties since Taylor Cutch and Renfroe all mash lefties
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#540 » by LittleRooster » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:04 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I gotta say I'm excited for Taylor. He absolutely should start every game vs LHP. In fact one of Cain or Yelich might need to sit games vs lefties since Taylor Cutch and Renfroe all mash lefties

Yep I agree. In fact, I think he should start over Cain

Return to Milwaukee Brewers