ImageImage

Brewers/Braves NLDS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: Brewers/Braves NLDS 

Post#501 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:It feels bizarre to say the season is mercifully over considering we won 95 teams and had a very enjoyable team and players overall, but it kind of does feel like that after how miserable our offense was for the majority of the season - including/especially the past month. Games were just painful when the bats weren't there, and there were way too many times we weren't able to give our pitching support.
Oh yeah as a Brewers fan the past 40 years I haven't really experienced the great pitching/horrid offense team before. Now that I have I can say it's an incredibly frustrating watch. Like way more boring and painful than the good offense/**** pitching combo.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#502 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Bernman wrote:How many managers you think have a Cy Young candidate for back-to-back seasons and don't throw him 4 days later w/ their team's playoff lives on the line?

Maybe 5% of them. The opposing manager threw their #1 back out there in spite of him being inferior to Burnes, but to 1 fan here we're not supposed to question the minority reporter, or the majority reporters if they were our skippers instead.

There is a right and wrong decision here obviously. If you throw out the anomaly seasons or halves, Burnes has half Lauer's ERA. The larger sample stats showsLauer isn't fit to carry Burnes' jock. Counsell even admitted that by yanking Lauer in the 4th inning. You think that's happening to Burnes off just loading the bases? He would have went 7-8 unless the wheels or his arm were coming off.

The bats let us down previously, but not really in this one. 4 should be enough to win a playoff game, especially when your ace is ready to go. But Counsell didn't press that advantage because he was playing for tomorrow, when you need a win today.

1. How did Morton fare on short rest?

2. Say Burnes could've toughed it out and just go shorter innings...I am going to say something that may dredge up a nice conversation.

You need to understand statistics and probability. This is the same as Matt LaFleur's FG decision which was literally a wash vs. going for it. You need a FG and a TD in some order and you need to win two baseball games, one of which is pitched by Corbin Burnes. Statistically it is the same or arguably better in the way MLF and Counsell chose...but there is a human fallacy that most people want to see the "good" part first in the order of results when in reality it does not matter which order was chosen in either case.

Somehow in our dumb human pea brains, seeing Burnes + 1-2 innings from Woodruff win game 4 and then likely lose game 5 with Lauer and maybe a few innings from Woodruff on the mound against Fried who has been every bit as good as Morton feels better.

In reality it is no better.

We needed to win 2 games and the order did not matter if our goal was to advance to the 2nd round.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#503 » by Threezus » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:50 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:
Threezus wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:So we cant have the redskins or indians, but the Braves and their tomahawk chop chant are totally cool?

Im gonna be honest if they end up making us change it i already got the perfect plan in place for it. Best part is we honestly don't even really have to change to much about it. We can keep our colors, our logo style, and our chop style fan motion.

To me the next move the braves should make if forced to swap names is to be known as The Atlanta Hammers For Hammerin Hank Aaron to honor him and what he meant to the city and to the game. You turn the tomohawk on the shirt into a hammer considering both of them look very similar and fits under the name on the shirt. You can still do the chop / hammer motion.

Honestly its the cringe chant that seems alittle out of touch tbh.

I love the chant it's gonna be the one thing most of us fans will miss big time if we ever have to change. Same with Seminole fans if they ever make them change it as well.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers