Brian Anderson Sucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Brian Anderson Sucks 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:42 am

I can't stand this guy. I know it takes time to build up a partnership on air. But he's just awful.

A few minutes ago when the pitching change was made to go to Wise, Anderson said as they went to commercial "The question is whether Wise will be pitching to Derek Lee". Yeah Brian, Lou is going to pinch hit for Derek. :roll:

You can tell this clown used to be on the Golf Channel. He's boring as hell. And doesn't seem to know much about baseball.
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#2 » by JoeJohnson2two » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:49 am

I miss Darren. :cry:

I got to work with him during a Horizon League basketball game in which UWM was playing here at Wright State. He was fabulous even doing basketball. You can tell the guy knows his sports.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#3 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:50 am

Have you listened to clips of Daron in Arizona this season? Go to the Diamondback website and find a clip where he's announcing. He sounds terrible. Now that he's not the Brewers announcer, his "rah-rah" routine is really, really obnoxious.

It's strange, because Brian was almost better in the first week of the season. I still don't mind him however
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#4 » by bigkurty » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:51 am

I cannot agree more. I can't stand him. Maybe we were just spoiled with Vasgersion and Daron Suttons or maybe those other guys just grew on me and I need to give the new guy more time. He is boring though. I like having the enthusiastic guy to partner with Bill cause he is laid back and a good show usually needs one high energy guy.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:58 am

Anderson is just so bland. There is so much time to fill in a baseball game and this guy just puts me to sleep. And he obviously knows little about baseball. Matt was fantastic. Sutton was good most of the time. There better be some chemistry developing soon or he will drag Billy down with him.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Brian Anderson Sucks 

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:00 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I can't stand this guy. I know it takes time to build up a partnership on air. But he's just awful.

A few minutes ago when the pitching change was made to go to Wise, Anderson said as they went to commercial "The question is whether Wise will be pitching to Derek Lee". Yeah Brian, Lou is going to pinch hit for Derek. :roll:
You can tell this clown used to be on the Golf Channel. He's boring as hell. And doesn't seem to know much about baseball.

Uh what he means is will they walk him with 1st base open. Nothing wrong with that comment.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:05 am

I took it the other way given his many incorrect observations since the season started.
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#8 » by JoeJohnson2two » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 am

I'm glad I live in Ohio and get to hear the really great announcers the Reds have. I love watching the Reds (1) because of Josh Hamilton, obviously and (2) their announcing is high quality.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#9 » by ACGB » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 am

I notice he makes many mistakes like calling derek lee, carlos lee.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 am

I've resisted posting anything about him for awhile, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he'll get better, it's a long season.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#11 » by crkone » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:21 am

If anything, just listen to Uecker.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:49 am

I wish I could. There is about a 3 second delay between radio and the sat. dish.
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:23 am

JoeJohnson2two wrote:I miss Darren. :cry:

I got to work with him during a Horizon League basketball game in which UWM was playing here at Wright State. He was fabulous even doing basketball. You can tell the guy knows his sports.

He lived like 3 doors down from me in mequon, hes a stand up guy. I miss him, and agree with MD...anderson sucks!
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#14 » by ACGB » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:24 am

We'll see if he gets better.
It seems like right now he is very unsure of himself and what he is going to say. He pauses after a few words into most of his sentences like he is mentally checking to make sure he doesn't say something stupid.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:35 am

I think maybe he's not used to having a producer talking in his ear. I think that may be why he pauses sometimes. He'll get used to that probably.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#16 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:47 am

They should just let Ueck and Powell call the TV game too.
shortstrokes
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#17 » by shortstrokes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:05 am

Somebody told him that when a hitter fouls a pitch straight back that he was right on that one. Listen next time a ball is fouled straight back. First words out of Andersens mouth will be "Wow, he was right on that pitch." Everytime.
Also, any pop up is hit "right up the chute." I always thought that a pop up "right up the chute" was a pop up right by home plate.
Oh well, at least he referred to a home run as a shot into the gallery. Can't wait til they play in San Fran. Prince will shoot one into McCovey cove and Andersen will announce that it is a two run penalty and Prince will have to take a drop in right field.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#18 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 am

humanrefutation wrote:They should just let Ueck and Powell call the TV game too.

I was a fan of that, with maybe putting Bill in there as a third guy since Powell doesn't do much analyzing.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#19 » by skitch815 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:36 am

I think Bill is horrible at what he should be doing. Im not ready to pass judgement on Anderson yet. IIRC a lot of fans disliked Darron when he first started as well.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#20 » by Mags FTW » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I wish I could. There is about a 3 second delay between radio and the sat. dish.

Which one is behind, the radio or the dish? If it's the dish, they make a little thing you can hook up to your radio that can delay it to match your TV. It's $150 though, so I guess the question is how much is your hatred of Brian Anderson worth? It would also come in handy when some morons (Brian Baldinger) are calling a Packer game too. Or better yet, when that boring woman is calling Badger football games on ESPN2.
http://www.delayplay.com/

Return to Milwaukee Brewers