Chicago Scrubs at Milwaukee Brewers, 6/4/07, 7:05 PM

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Chicago Scrubs at Milwaukee Brewers, 6/4/07, 7:05 PM 

Post#1 » by Captain Erv » Sun Jun 3, 2007 10:19 pm

Image vs Image

Records at Glance: Brewers: 32-25 (1st NL Central); Scrubs: 23-31 (4th NL Central)

TV: FSN Wisconsin (telecast in HD)
Radio: 620 WTMJ

Dave Bush, RHP (3-5, 5.64)

Jason Marquis, RHP (5-2, 2.93)

Scouting Report

Brewers: Bush rediscovered the command of his fastball in his most recent start and the results showed as he shaved 0.45 off his ERA with a seven-inning quality start against Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon at Miller Park. Bush did not walk a batter and fanned six while allowing just one run. It was his fourth quality start in 11 outings.

Scrubs: Marquis had to work in his last start, a loss to the Florida Marlins. The right-hander gave up four earned runs on eight hits and three walks over five innings, and had to deal with two bases-loaded jams. He also threw 40 pitches in the fourth inning alone. Marquis hadn't lost a game since his second start of the year and had been the most consistent pitcher for the team.

Brewers Probable Lineup:
RF Corey Hart
SS JJ Hardy
3B Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
C Johnny Estrada
LF Geoff Jenkins
CF Bill Hall
2B Craig Counsell
P Dave Bush

Scrubs Probable Lineup:
LF Alfonso Soriano
CF Felix Pie
1B Derrek Lee
3B Aramis Ramirez
RF Jaque Jones
2B Mark DeRosa
SS Ryan Theriot
C Koyie Hill
P Jason Marquis

Captain Erv's Thoughts: I've got to be honest, I am a little worried about this series. The Scrubbies always seem to play well at Miller probably because it is almost like a home game for them. They did finally snap their skid today and I don't know if we should look at that as a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully Bush has rediscovered himself and keeps it on track. Marquis has been shockingly good this year...thats got to change soon. We need this series because another tough road trip lies ahead and getting game 1 will be a good start.

DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#2 » by DigitalFool » Mon Jun 4, 2007 1:18 am

I would never say any series is easy - I expect them to take 2 out of 3...
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Andrew34r » Mon Jun 4, 2007 1:26 am

Attention Brewer fans: Dont be intimidated by the amount of Cubs fans there. Cheer as if its game 7 of the world series (well maybe not that much) but cheer as if your in a crowd full of Brewer fans and nothing but Brewer fans. These fans come to our stadium because...one. Wrigley is a dump. Two. Traffic in Chicago sucks and these people cant drive anyway in the first place. And three they can park in an actual parking lot opposed to having their car blocked in on a side of a run-down restaurant for 30$.

-Thank you.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#4 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jun 4, 2007 1:55 am

This is Game 1 of my father's and my 4-game Christmas package, so I'm making the treck from No. Illinois to Miller Park tomorrow after work. I usually can't stand Cubs-Brewers games, but I haven't been to a game in a month, so I'm excited.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
koski02
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by koski02 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 2:04 am

i just hope this doesnt turn out like bush's last start against chicago at miller park when he gave up 6 runs in the the first inning
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,351

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 4, 2007 2:32 am

Bush needs to have back to back solid outings.

We need to send a limo to bring up the best Cubs fan ever.

Ace Villa
Freshman

Post#7 » by Ace Villa » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:13 am

bush has finally learned his lesson and the reason for his shaky start, and now he's finally doing something about it: he's growing his beard back. i predict a solid outing from the unshaved hurler.

(i was going to say 'bush' instead of 'hurler', but, well, you know...)
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#8 » by goirish2107 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:28 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:This is Game 1 of my father's and my 4-game Christmas package, so I'm making the treck from No. Illinois to Miller Park tomorrow after work. I usually can't stand Cubs-Brewers games, but I haven't been to a game in a month, so I'm excited.

My dad and I will be going Weds....I saw the Crew get three hits in a shutout at Wrigley couple summers ago, Wrigley sucks, horrible stadium, pretty field.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,374

Post#9 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jun 4, 2007 6:20 am

If I paid hobos to pee on the door handles of cars with Illinois plates, could I be charged with anything?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,460

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 7:57 am

Ace Villa wrote:bush has finally learned his lesson and the reason for his shaky start, and now he's finally doing something about it: he's growing his beard back. i predict a solid outing from the unshaved hurler.

(i was going to say 'bush' instead of 'hurler', but, well, you know...)

IIRC he shaved is beard off last year in June or July and pitched well in the second half.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 7:59 am

Mags FTW wrote:If I paid hobos to pee on the door handles of cars with Illinois plates, could I be charged with anything?

Aiding indecent exposure?:dontknow:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#12 » by Posey H8er » Mon Jun 4, 2007 12:59 pm

This should be a fun series. Maybe a rivalry is in the making, the one that Selig has been desperately trying to shove down our throats the last 5 years.
Wrigley is not a dump!
~Also, that Lou pic reminds me of Don Vito.
brewcityboii
Rookie

Post#13 » by brewcityboii » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:29 pm

Cubbies Suck

If I paid hobos to pee on the door handles of cars with Illinois plates, could I be charged with anything?

Im not a hobo but you can buy me a beer for every handle I pee on. Im not worried my uncles a cop ill be ok.

I am going to the day game on Weds. I hope Zambrano doesnt try to attack Estrada.

Wrigley is not a dump!

Yes it is!!!! The field is nice the stadium is about as sturdy as me after a case of MGD

Cubs Suck go Brewers!!!!!
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#14 » by goirish2107 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:32 pm

Posey H8er wrote:This should be a fun series. Maybe a rivalry is in the making, the one that Selig has been desperately trying to shove down our throats the last 5 years.
Wrigley is not a dump!
~Also, that Lou pic reminds me of Don Vito.

Definitely always a fun series...I don't hate Cubs fans (cause thats the 'rivalry', we just hate you guys)... but I can see how some do. When I was at Wrigley I gotta admit maybe I'm biased cause I got dehydrated and felt like ****, but the whole place felt like it had beer spilled on it. I said in right behind Burnitz and got to yell at him, and like Isaid, the field is beautiful, perfect for baseball, but other than that yuck. Vito, good one :)
brewcityboii
Rookie

Post#15 » by brewcityboii » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:39 pm

Game Thread 'Starting Five'
Captain Erv 40 8 -4
WEFFPIM 7 -4
RBCV 7 -5
Trwi7 7 -5
goirish2107 2 - 4...man am i bringing up the rear

How is there only 31W's and 22L's

Is there some missing threads.

I guess im just confused
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,351

Post#16 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 4, 2007 4:45 pm

Wrigley is horrible. The neighborhood around Wrigley is great. But inside it's a dump. It's falling apart, smelly, old. Horrible.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#17 » by bigkurty » Mon Jun 4, 2007 5:22 pm

brewcityboii wrote:
Game Thread 'Starting Five'
Captain Erv 40 8 -4
WEFFPIM 7 -4
RBCV 7 -5
Trwi7 7 -5
goirish2107 2 - 4...man am i bringing up the rear

How is there only 31W's and 22L's

Is there some missing threads.

I guess im just confused

There were a few threads started early on in the season by some other posters like B4L and stuff so my guess is that is the reason for the few missed games.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#18 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Jun 4, 2007 8:28 pm

I shoulda wore my cubs suck **** today to annoy my english teacher . lol
trwi7
RealGM

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 11:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Wrigley is horrible. The neighborhood around Wrigley is great. But inside it's a dump. It's falling apart, smelly, old. Horrible.

That's the smell of history Mickey. :)

treyZz
Banned User

Post#20 » by treyZz » Tue Jun 5, 2007 12:13 am

trwi7 - You still think Ervin Santana is better than Felix Pie?

Return to Milwaukee Brewers