New Brewers fans

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Bluejimmy
Sophomore
And1: 0

New Brewers fans 

Post#1 » by Bluejimmy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi folks,
I'm sure this may sound dumb to many of you, but here goes...

My good buddy and I don't agree on sports much... he's a hockey fan, I like hoops, I am a lifelong Cowboys fan while he has always rooted for the Skins. No common ground here except that neither of us watch baseball.

So while driving home from a road trip last weekend we both decided to be Brewers fans. No one here in upstate NY roots for them and we both drink a lot of beer... its perfect. We're both 36 so maybe we can share this over the next 30 years.

Need to know a few things...

1) biggest rivals
2) MVP of today and yesteryear
3) Most memorable moment in team history
4) What section to sit in at Miller Park... where do the rowdies hang?

I thought it might be more fun to get info from you guys than look at some team history pages. Thanks for the info. Go Brewers!
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#2 » by Buck You » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun are amazing. Our whole pitching staff except for Sheets and Gallardo sucks. Ned yost sucks. The cubs suck and we are praying we don't choke this lead away this year. As for biggest moment in team history, going to the 1982 world series only to lose in 7 games. Yes, I know, heartbreaking, and yet they keep reminding us of that every single year.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Re: New Brewers fans 

Post#3 » by Ruben Douglas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:15 pm

Bluejimmy wrote:Hi folks,
I'm sure this may sound dumb to many of you, but here goes...

My good buddy and I don't agree on sports much... he's a hockey fan, I like hoops, I am a lifelong Cowboys fan while he has always rooted for the Skins. No common ground here except that neither of us watch baseball.

So while driving home from a road trip last weekend we both decided to be Brewers fans. No one here in upstate NY roots for them and we both drink a lot of beer... its perfect. We're both 36 so maybe we can share this over the next 30 years.

Need to know a few things...

1) biggest rivals
2) MVP of today and yesteryear
3) Most memorable moment in team history
4) What section to sit in at Miller Park... where do the rowdies hang?

I thought it might be more fun to get info from you guys than look at some team history pages. Thanks for the info. Go Brewers!

1. Since they switched to the National League they really don't have 1 true rival, but if you ask the fans it will be the Cubs. It used to be the White Sox and the Twins.

2. Prince Fielder most will say, yet I say Ryan Braun. In the past it's obviously Yount and Molitor.

3. Most memorable moment is the '82 World Series appearance. 13 game winning streak to start the '87 season. Yount's 3,000th. Molitors hitting streak.

4. The best place to sit in Miller Park? Not exactly sure, but I'd make sure to get your ass out to the park a good 2-3 hours before the game to do some proper tailgating.
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#4 » by goirish2107 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:17 pm

i was born in 83, so i missed out on all the real good stuff. funny story, my buddy was born in '82 on I94 in heavy traffic due to the world series. i remember listening a lot during '92, guys like cal eldred and pat listach. you gotta try to listen to uecker's broadcast of the games. lot of people round here hate the cubbies, so ill go with that. also the twins, probably cuz we hate the vikings so much. yount and molitor still trump, but prince and braun are coming up real quick. at miller park the bleachers are full of drunk idiots that don't shut up, and sitting around section 232, the old buckethead brigade area, gets pretty rowdy as well.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Well first since most of us are Packers fans on here I'm going to be the first to give you the obligatory Cowboys suck. :)

Biggest rivals right now are the Cubs. Hard to get rivals when you move to a new league and basically suck your entire existence in that league though.

MVP's of today are Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder no question. Yesteryear would be Robin Yount and Paul Molitor.

Most memorable moment is probably the '82 World Series. Yes that's about the only good thing this team has ever done. Pathetic, we know.

Rowdies are in the bleachers. Usually the right field bleachers.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Bluejimmy
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Bluejimmy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:55 pm

trwi7 wrote:Well first since most of us are Packers fans on here I'm going to be the first to give you the obligatory Cowboys suck. :)

Yeah yeah, I get it almost everywhere I go. This year we'll be making noise :rocking:

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming. I wasn't expecting to see them doing so well this year, maybe we hopped on the bandwagon at the right time. Tell you what, if they make the playoffs we'll drive out from Rochester NY to catch a game at Miller stadium. Looks like the right field bleachers are where we'd fit in :party:
Fandom
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Fandom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 pm

Miller Park, not stadium. :wink:
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#8 » by goirish2107 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 pm

hell if you couldn't get tickets to the games, it'd be worth it to come out and tailgate at miller park. i know ill be living in the parking lot for the duration of the brewers fall season, especially if i can't get tickets

Return to Milwaukee Brewers