ImageImage

Rumor: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

jfra94
Freshman
Posts: 64
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Rumor: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#1 » by jfra94 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:50 am

Today, after the Brewer game, I was standing by the players lot to get autographs after the game. Then, what appeared to be a journalist, maybe Tom haudricourt (I have no idea how any of them look), told the parking lot attendant that he got a call from a local radio station last night who told him that a very reliable source told them that J.J. Hardy could very well be traded to Cincinatti. I didn't catch the rest of what this guy was saying so I can only suspect who he really was and who Cincinatti would trade. I presume a guy like Homer Bailey could be involved. Anyway, this could be all rumors but I am positive this is what he said. You don't have to believe it, but if it does happen you'll remember where you saw it.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 30,032
And1: 2,425
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#2 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 am

Yeah I had heard about this...but this seems like a lot of speculation.
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#3 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:55 am

If this is true, I will be happy and sad. Happy that escobar will get a chance to play but sad that I wont be able to stare at jj's butt anymore.
jfra94
Freshman
Posts: 64
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#4 » by jfra94 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:00 am

And then the attendant asked us who Cincinatti's SS was.. haha
User avatar
WEFFPIM
RealGM
Posts: 38,522
And1: 466
Joined: Nov 14, 2005
Location: WEFFPIM. I'm the real WEFFPIM.
       

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 am

The Reds are in need of a SS, and they are shopping Harang and Arroyo.

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#6 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:21 am

WEFFPIM wrote:The Reds are in need of a SS, and they are shopping Harang and Arroyo.

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly.


I didn't know JJ's value was that high.
User avatar
WEFFPIM
RealGM
Posts: 38,522
And1: 466
Joined: Nov 14, 2005
Location: WEFFPIM. I'm the real WEFFPIM.
       

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#7 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:26 am

livestrong4ever wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:The Reds are in need of a SS, and they are shopping Harang and Arroyo.

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly.


I didn't know JJ's value was that high.


It's not. Certainly wouldn't be man-for-man. But the SS situation in Cincinnati is borderline horrendous. You have Alex Gonzalez who just got back from injury and has sucked and Paul Janish who is more well-known for trying to pitch. Then a bunch of non-shortstops playing shortstop. Even though Hardy isn't that great at the plate, wouldn't shock me at all if the Reds were interested in him.

I wouldn't want to this to happen anyways, mainly because neither Harang nor Arroyo interest me. But of course this is all speculation on my part. Maybe the Brewers want Rhodes, maybe this whole rumor is crap.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#8 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:The Reds are in need of a SS, and they are shopping Harang and Arroyo.

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly.


I didn't know JJ's value was that high.


It's not. Certainly wouldn't be man-for-man. But the SS situation in Cincinnati is borderline horrendous. You have Alex Gonzalez who just got back from injury and has sucked and Paul Janish who is more well-known for trying to pitch. Then a bunch of non-shortstops playing shortstop. Even though Hardy isn't that great at the plate, wouldn't shock me at all if the Reds were interested in him.

I wouldn't want to this to happen anyways, mainly because neither Harang nor Arroyo interest me. But of course this is all speculation on my part. Maybe the Brewers want Rhodes, maybe this whole rumor is crap.

I wouldn't mind having Harrang. Intill he gave up 7 runs, his ERA was respectful in the rotation we got.
And I just want to see escobar up here ASAP. I really think this guy is going to be awesome.
User avatar
jimmybones
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,856
And1: 720
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#9 » by jimmybones » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 am

jfra94 wrote: You don't have to believe it, but if it does happen you'll remember where you saw it.


Someone called in the 1250 post game show last night and said a trade was in the works with the Reds for Harang and a prospect for Hardy, and the hold up was what prospect we'd get in return. That's the only place I've heard or read it that specific so who knows if its just bs or if theres something to it.
User avatar
Ryan5UW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,793
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 11, 2003
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#10 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 am

Harang? Oh Jesus, Doug must be desperate. This is the same guy who's lost 8 straight decisions, right?
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 27,243
And1: 9,892
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#11 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 am

Harang hasn't been too great these last couple seasons, and I'm not a fan of Arroyo, so I wouldnt be excited about these trades.
User avatar
jimmybones
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,856
And1: 720
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#12 » by jimmybones » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 am

I'm thinking if Hardy is traded for Harang the prospect would have to be pretty much. Melvin has seemed reluctant to trade Hardy to this point and his value is awfully low, I'd almost rather wait and see if you can get a younger pitcher for him in the off-season.
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#13 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 am

Ryan5UW wrote:Harang? Oh Jesus, Doug must be desperate. This is the same guy who's lost 8 straight decisions, right?


Harrang hasn't been terrible this year. He did give up 7 runs in his last start, but before that he had a 4.25 ERA. And has pitched better, then losing 7 in a row might entail.
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#14 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:40 am

Ryan5UW wrote:Harang? Oh Jesus, Doug must be desperate. This is the same guy who's lost 8 straight decisions, right?


how much more do you think we can get for JJ Hardy in the offseason. I think this might be the best offer we could get for him
User avatar
WEFFPIM
RealGM
Posts: 38,522
And1: 466
Joined: Nov 14, 2005
Location: WEFFPIM. I'm the real WEFFPIM.
       

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#15 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 am

Harang AND a prospect? Psh, might as well, that's better than I envisioned getting in return for Hardy and I don't really like Harang.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
User avatar
Ryan5UW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,793
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 11, 2003
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#16 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 am

livestrong4ever wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:Harang? Oh Jesus, Doug must be desperate. This is the same guy who's lost 8 straight decisions, right?


Harrang hasn't been terrible this year. He did give up 7 runs in his last start, but before that he had a 4.25 ERA. And has pitched better, then losing 7 in a row might entail.


Yeah, you're right, his ERA over his last 7 games is only over 6. There's no reason I'd want any part of Harang on this team.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#17 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:54 am

Ryan5UW wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:Harang? Oh Jesus, Doug must be desperate. This is the same guy who's lost 8 straight decisions, right?


Harrang hasn't been terrible this year. He did give up 7 runs in his last start, but before that he had a 4.25 ERA. And has pitched better, then losing 7 in a row might entail.


Yeah, you're right, his ERA over his last 7 games is only over 6. There's no reason I'd want any part of Harang on this team.

7 runs in one game is going to ruin his ERA. so yeah.
He would instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team. He usually keeps his ERA in the low 4's, and we really need those type of pitchers on this team.
User avatar
Ryan5UW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,793
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 11, 2003
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#18 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:00 am

livestrong4ever wrote:7 runs in one game is going to ruin his ERA. so yeah.
He would instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team. He usually keeps his ERA in the low 4's, and we really need those type of pitchers on this team.


Of course it will.

Just because he'd instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team doesn't make it a good deal. I guess I should clarify what I said earlier. I wouldn't have a huge problem with Harang on the Brewers, but not for Hardy. The prospect would have to be a pretty solid one too.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,082
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#19 » by livestrong4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 am

Ryan5UW wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:7 runs in one game is going to ruin his ERA. so yeah.
He would instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team. He usually keeps his ERA in the low 4's, and we really need those type of pitchers on this team.


Of course it will.

Just because he'd instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team doesn't make it a good deal. I guess I should clarify what I said earlier. I wouldn't have a huge problem with Harang on the Brewers, but not for Hardy. The prospect would have to be a pretty solid one too.


wait, you think we can get a better pitcher then harrang for hardy?
i think you might be over valuing hardy
User avatar
Ryan5UW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,793
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 11, 2003
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: J.J. Hardy to Cincinatti Trade in the Works 

Post#20 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:26 am

livestrong4ever wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:7 runs in one game is going to ruin his ERA. so yeah.
He would instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team. He usually keeps his ERA in the low 4's, and we really need those type of pitchers on this team.


Of course it will.

Just because he'd instantly be the 2nd best pitcher on this team doesn't make it a good deal. I guess I should clarify what I said earlier. I wouldn't have a huge problem with Harang on the Brewers, but not for Hardy. The prospect would have to be a pretty solid one too.


wait, you think we can get a better pitcher then harrang for hardy?
i think you might be over valuing hardy


I think you might be undervaluing him a bit. I don't think adding Harang is worth us getting rid of Hardy, that's what I'm saying.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."

Return to Milwaukee Brewers