ImageImageImage

Twins light in the Pants

Moderator: Ralnor

gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Twins light in the Pants 

Post#1 » by gold0259 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:06 pm

Gosh our Bench is so thin, We have basically no power off the bench right now. We have so many little guys, does anybody know the scoop on Harvey, LEcroy doesn't look like he'll be up here anytime soon.. What ever happened to the idea of Richard Hidalgo signing with the twins?? Shannon Stewart was a mistake to let go, watch as he has a break out year, but it was probably the turf that caused his pain, course he did play for the blue jays on the same surface so he could have already been damaged goods. As much as I love the twins when your bench consists of guys who total for their careeer is less than 150 hrs? it is scary. Lew ford, Jeff C, Tyner, Rabe, CAsilla, L ROD, role players off the bench, I know Philly Nevin didn't do much, and the twins have always gotten screwed royally trying to bring in the outdated previous hr kings to try and salvage their careers jsut never works out for us "ala brett boone" I just wish we could have landed a franky Thomas, or A Pizza boy, or SOsa, give a guy a shot on the cheap if possible and role the dice, maybe I'm over reacting and Kubel and Rondell will come back healthy and suprise me, but it would be nice to have a vet bat, terry get on the horn with Bernie Williams!
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kg2005 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Heh, wow. How do I start? Harvey and Lecroy are still in Triple A because the bench is so short. We don't have enough guys to play defensive positions, much less to bring a guy off the bench as a pinch hitter.

I have no idea where you heard about Richard Hidalgo.

Shannon Stewart was absolutely not a mistake to let go. Its hard to have a breakout year when you're on the wrong side of 30. We got all we could get out of him, it was time to move on.

You're right, the lack of bats on the bench is terrible. But Ryan's hands are tied, it's not exactly like there are a bunch of good hitters out there willing to sign for cheap. He works with what he has.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by gold0259 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Twins Insider
... seeing the Twins take a chance on a free agant like Richard Hidalgo as a back up outfielder. ... Kubel is looking slow in the cold weather. ...www.startribune.com/blogs/neal - 32k - Cached - More from this site

SO THATS WHERE I HEARD ABOUT HIDALGO THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#4 » by horaceworthy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Because LeVelle E. Neal III mentioned in a blogpost that he would like to see them sign him, or was there actually a rumor that they had interest in him?
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by gold0259 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Terry Ryan mentioned his name during the winter meetings I will dig up the Quote.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#6 » by horaceworthy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:40 am

From what I found, the Hidalgo stuff was just speculation from writers because Ryan was talking to his agent...who also happens to represent Johan and Silva.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:08 pm

That's interesting, I don't remember seeing any talks about him this offseason. I was just wondering where you had.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:16 pm

It probably would not have worked out anyhow these wrong side of 30 players never usually do, unless you 48 and named Julio Franco, remind me to bring a high powered flace light to the next twins tigers game, what an idiot--you read about that in the paper in the national league. Stupid people

However a Bernie Williams would make me very happy!
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:21 pm

Bernie wouldn't be a terrible guy to have, but I think he'd rather stay retired than play for a team other than the Yankees.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:28 pm

Why do you say Bernie would be bad? Bernie or Jeff C.? Switch hitter with power and playoff esp. World Seriers exp... Plus he's probably a better outfielder than Rabe Kubel and anybody else we got, apart from Tyner who can Rake. It won't happen solely a conversation piece but Bernie woulda been a nice pick up and could have taught some of the young guys what its like to play in Big ball games.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,164

Post#11 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:53 pm

gold0259 wrote:Why do you say Bernie would be bad? Bernie or Jeff C.? Switch hitter with power and playoff esp. World Seriers exp... Plus he's probably a better outfielder than Rabe Kubel and anybody else we got, apart from Tyner who can Rake. It won't happen solely a conversation piece but Bernie woulda been a nice pick up and could have taught some of the young guys what its like to play in Big ball games.

Read his post again. He said Bernie WOULDN'T be bad.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:09 pm

gold0259 wrote:Why do you say Bernie would be bad? Bernie or Jeff C.? Switch hitter with power and playoff esp. World Seriers exp... Plus he's probably a better outfielder than Rabe Kubel and anybody else we got, apart from Tyner who can Rake. It won't happen solely a conversation piece but Bernie woulda been a nice pick up and could have taught some of the young guys what its like to play in Big ball games.

Comments like this make baby Jesus cry.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Bernie would not have been bad---point taken...

When I say Tyner can Rake, that is a positive comment. Plays with a lot of heart, don't really know where sweet Louie Ford fits in...if and when he comes back
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by kg2005 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:50 am

I know you meant that positively, point is that guy can't hit.

Return to Minnesota Twins