ImageImageImage

Help Versus Lefties?

Moderator: Ralnor

slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Help Versus Lefties? 

Post#1 » by slinky » Sat May 12, 2007 10:44 pm

I was just thinking after watching a Red Sox game how intriguing Wily Mo Pena is. And then today i read the wiretap about the Red Sox possibly trading him. I would really like to see Pena DH fulltime for the twins. He isnt the prototypical Twins hitter, but we dont need that right now, we need someone who just straight mashes. He wont field or hit .300 but a lineup of:

Castillo
Mauer
Cuddyer/Hunter
Morneau
Hunter/Cuddyer
Kubel
Pena
Punto
Bartlett

would be kind of interesting. Not sure about the particual lineup but it would allow us to alternate righties and lefties throughout the lineup.

We need a spark right now, and i am not too intersted in Lew being that spark, he hit a couple of singles today, but we need runs, we are doing well in the singles department.

LEt me know what you think, I know the chances of ryan making a trade for someone who isnt a minor leaguer is nearly unheard of, but we need to beef up our lineup and its pretty clear that if it isnt coming from the players we have currently, it is not goin to come at all from our minor league system, so something needs to be done now.

Return to Minnesota Twins