ImageImageImage

It's over!

Moderator: Ralnor

The Puck
Junior
And1: 5

It's over! 

Post#1 » by The Puck » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:49 pm

After seeing the box score of another Twins dismantling I'm ready to declare the season over and let the fire sale begin.
If you look at the starting lineup from 7/25 there were only two hitters the Toronto pitcher had to worry about, Morneau and Hunter, other than that it was a bunch of has-beens and never going to bes starting for a major league team. I'm willing to bet that today's (7/25) lineup might have been the worst by any team all season.
Make Hunter an offer and give him a deadline to answer if he doesn't sign, trade him.
They're not going to resign Castillo, trade him.
Silva and Rincon, trade both of them as well. Although Rincon is so utterly terrible I doubt they could get anything for him.
I think Dan Barreiro is on to something, I know he's usually so negative but one of his latest blog entries is a good one. To sum it up he is proposing that if the Twins don't resign Hunter and/or Santana that there should be a boycott of Carl's new stadium. Old man Pohlad has harped for years that the team couldn't contend without a new stadium, well now he's suckered the people of Minnesota to pay for one and what's he do? Go cheap and not pay from quality talent.

I could rant forever about this but I think I made my point. If the Twins don't open up the check book soon this team will be back to the 100 loss teams of the mid 90's sooner rather than later.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#2 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm

I agree this is likely the end of the road for the current nucleus.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Twins