ImageImageImageImageImage

Question from a Giants fan

Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Question from a Giants fan 

Post#1 » by Bac2Basics » Sun May 15, 2011 2:47 am

On a few national baseball podcasts, I've heard mention of the idea that San Francisco could be one of the potential places that Jose Reyes gets traded to if NY decides to move him.

What is the likelihood that Reyes gets moved?
What would you consider roughly fair value from the Giants to be?

I'd also heard one mention of Beltran to the Giants if the Mets want to move him.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Re: Question from a Giants fan 

Post#2 » by krustytheclown » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

bumgarner and wheeler is the starting price anything less and alderson should hang up
wlcMagic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by wlcMagic » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I agree atleast one major league ready pitcher along with atleast 2 other prospects that are good. Reyes is a game changer and his bat would easily make the Giants lineup that much better. Honestly though it seems the Mets want to really resign Reyes though so they might not end up trading him after all.
NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#4 » by NYman15 » Mon Jul 4, 2011 11:19 pm

I know the Mets would want Bumgarner or at least the young prospect Wheeler but I don't expect a trade especially with today's news of them wanting to resign him and make him a big offer.
wlcMagic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by wlcMagic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Yea its looking more like if any player gets traded it would be Beltran over Reyes at this point (Frankie Rodriguez just got traded to the Brewers because of his option mainly). The Giants are one of the teams that are interested in Beltran as well which again I think the Mets would want atleast one top prospect along with another level B level prospect possibly for him.
NYman15
Veteran

Post#6 » by NYman15 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah a lot of reports are saying the Mets want at least 1 "A" prospect for Beltran. It seems like they would pay a portion of his money to get one. They feel like he is the best hitter on the market and they are probably right. I hope they can get a top prospect for him and if he keeps playing like this, they very well could get one.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#7 » by Grover » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:32 am

What do you think the package for Reyes, Beltran and Paulino would look like coming back from the Giants?
NYman15
Veteran

Post#8 » by NYman15 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 pm

It would take a ton. They really look like they aren't trading Reyes and probably not Paulino as well. But if you're trading the 3 of them, they'd probably want Bumgarner, Belt, and Wheeler/Brown. That would be my guess. But I don't see it happening.

Return to New York Mets