ImageImageImageImageImage

Denver Post- Rockies will make strong run at David Wright.

NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Denver Post- Rockies will make strong run at David Wright. 

Post#1 » by NYman15 » Thu Oct 6, 2011 4:34 pm

"Opposing executives expect the Rockies to be aggressive in their pursuit of the Mets' David Wright. The Mets have said he's not available, but that could change if they commit to re-sign free- agent shortstop Jose Reyes for big money. Wright, however, is not without his issues. Though just 28, he has dealt with a back injury that limited him to only 102 games last season. Wright is owed $15 million next year with a $16 million club option for 2013 that can be voided if the Mets trade him. Hitting anywhere but Citi Field would likely boost Wright's numbers."

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_19 ... Rockies%29

It would take a lot, I would think, to get the Mets to trade David Wright. The Rockies do have some very interesting prospects. However, would the Mets even consider trading him? I would think if they get a offer that is filled with a boatload of prospects, the Mets would definitely look at it. I'm suer we'll hear a lot of Wright to Rockies rumors this winter. However, I don't think the Mets end up trading Wright.
NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Re: Denver Post- Rockies will make strong run at David Wrigh 

Post#2 » by NYman15 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Here's an update on the Rockies interest in David Wright.

"Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post says on Twitter, if the Mets will listen, the Rockies will be interested in acquiring David Wright… just like they were last summer.

He believes the Mets will want a center fielder and young pitching. However, the Rockies are not interested in moving 25-year-old OF Dexter Fowler.

In the end, Renck says, because there is no way the Rockies would trade off multiple prospects for just one year of Wright, they will almost certainly want him to extend his current contract, which, if he’s traded, will expire at the end of next season."

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/10/21/rock ... ng-fowler/

Return to New York Mets