ImageImageImageImageImage

Is there anything to look forward to for the Mets?

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,950

Is there anything to look forward to for the Mets? 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Thu Feb 2, 2012 6:20 pm

Is anything to look forward to with the Mets? Reyes is gone, but do the Mets at least have some young prospects with potential?

I hardly watch baseball anymore. Not sure if I should even watch the next upcoming season.
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,250

Re: Is anything to look forward to with the Mets? 

Post#2 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Wow this board is dead. You posted this in February and nothing bur crickets.

Yes, there are things to look forward to this season. Most people are predicting the mets will end up in last, but Steven Strasburgh's first season with the Nationals, they finished in last. Just cause a team is in last place doesn't mean there's nothing to watch / or, as we say in march - look forward too.

Santana's looked good this spring, he's a guy to watch.

Gee's looked good too. I don't know if Gee is going to be anything more than a 4/5 guy, and looking good in the spring - big whoop, but if he can win more than he loses and hold down teh end of the rotation, that's something. He probably doesn't even get arb eligible till 2014, so he's a half million in 2013 and a million and change in 2014.

Niese has the stuff. Question as to whether he can put it together and Dickey' the Knuckleballer has 2 good years under his belt.

Ike Davis might be fun, Lucas Duda can hit and Andres Torres should help in the field, and maybe Murphy hits 320 again.

We should also see some young guys like Zach Lutz, Jordany Valdespin, certainly Kirk (refuse to try to spell his last name), and maybe Juan Lagares if he keeps hitting in the 350s, not to mention, young prospect Matt Harvey could make a september cameo, and Familia and Mejia, perhaps sooner than that.

There's definitely stuff to watch this year and look forward too even if the team wins just 70 games or something like that.
Go NY Go NY Go
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,950

Post#3 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 6, 2012 1:31 am

Thanks for the reply.
Free Palestine
DreamDeadly
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by DreamDeadly » Fri Apr 6, 2012 8:45 pm

damn torres is out with injury santana was a beast yesterday may i add Jason Bay if he doesnt step it up this season hes gone were paying him millions and hes not doing ****.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Is there anything to look forward to for the Mets? 

Post#5 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm

What a pleasant surprise this team has been.

Still a lot of annoying cringe worthy moments, mostly all involving the bullpen, but still a really entertaining team and we've been... winning!

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
JKNICKS67
Senior
And1: 39

Post#6 » by JKNICKS67 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Shpati google zack wheeler. He may be something very very special in the Strasburg mold. Fingers crossed
theres a new tank commander in town
JKNICKS67
Senior
And1: 39

Post#7 » by JKNICKS67 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Bullpen was supposed to be the strength imagine if it had lived up to that? We could be 10 games over 500 right now! And if davis would be producing? Ah well I guess it evens out with Santana and wrights otherworldly starts
theres a new tank commander in town

Return to New York Mets