ImageImageImageImageImage

When can we expect Nimmo, Herrera, Conforto, Rosario in the Majors

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,942

When can we expect Nimmo, Herrera, Conforto, Rosario in the Majors 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:02 am

I know Syndergaard and Matz are expected to make MLB appearance this upcoming season (most likely towards the end), which is good news because if one of them comes through, we can afford to trade one of our pitchers for a good bat perhaps.

But what about our other prospects in the Top 100 of America's best Baseball Prospects?

Nimmo, OF
Herrera, Infielder
Plawecki, C
Conforto, OF
Rosario, SS

Since the organization refuses to spend some money, it looks like we have to wait for these guys to come make MLB appearances and come through. The good news is, these prospects are positioned at our weakest positions atm.

Any of these guys expected to make an appearance this season like Noah and Matz are? I'm more intrigued with the OF prospects. I don't think Granderson will ever come through to be honest. And Cuddyer is old.

A couple of other questions:

By the time these guys come though, will we have to look to fill other holes because we couldn't afford to resign guys like Lagares, our pitchers, Duda? Or will they all be on cheap rookie deals for a while?

Can Herrera play Shortstop (our weakest position unless Flores breaks through)? Or is the organization pretty set on trading Murphy and having Herrera as the replacement at 2B?

I'm honestly more worried about Wright, Granderson, and Cuddyer. People keep talking about Flores at SS is a big no-no, but he's young and finished the season pretty well. But Wright and Granderson had disastrous seasons and bouncing back this season isn't a given. And who knows what is going to happen with Cuddyer.

Sorry for the long post, but I know jack about prospects and all of that.
Free Palestine
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Re: When can we expect Nimmo, Herrera, Conforto, Rosario in the Majors? 

Post#2 » by riter » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:29 pm

You don't have to know much about prospects to understand what's going on with the Mets. If they had any money--they would trade some of our pitchers for the 2 or 3 major league position players we need and bring those prospects along--but that would cost money.

So, they're just going with what we have.

sadly--it's really that simple.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,249

Post#3 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:05 am

Travis Knight wrote:I know Syndergaard and Matz are expected to make MLB appearance this upcoming season (most likely towards the end), which is good news because if one of them comes through, we can afford to trade one of our pitchers for a good bat perhaps.

But what about our other prospects in the Top 100 of America's best Baseball Prospects?

Nimmo, OF
Herrera, Infielder
Plawecki, C
Conforto, OF
Rosario, SS

Since the organization refuses to spend some money, it looks like we have to wait for these guys to come make MLB appearances and come through. The good news is, these prospects are positioned at our weakest positions atm.

Any of these guys expected to make an appearance this season like Noah and Matz are? I'm more intrigued with the OF prospects. I don't think Granderson will ever come through to be honest. And Cuddyer is old.

A couple of other questions:

By the time these guys come though, will we have to look to fill other holes because we couldn't afford to resign guys like Lagares, our pitchers, Duda? Or will they all be on cheap rookie deals for a while?

Can Herrera play Shortstop (our weakest position unless Flores breaks through)? Or is the organization pretty set on trading Murphy and having Herrera as the replacement at 2B?

I'm honestly more worried about Wright, Granderson, and Cuddyer. People keep talking about Flores at SS is a big no-no, but he's young and finished the season pretty well. But Wright and Granderson had disastrous seasons and bouncing back this season isn't a given. And who knows what is going to happen with Cuddyer.

Sorry for the long post, but I know jack about prospects and all of that.

Syndergaard this year - but when depends on when there's an opening in the 5 man rotation. Matz, probobly after Syndergaard.

Nimmo - maybe in September, certainly next year.
Herrera - we already saw him last year. He's in the mix to replace Murphy as the starter for 2016, so we likely see him this year.
Plawecki - this year, unless Monell turns into a super sub.
Conforto - similar to Nimmo, but the OF could get crowded. Might see one, not both.
Rosario - he's further away. He won't see high minors till 2016, so late 2016 or 2017 seems most likely.

Granderson's having an OK spring. Yeah, he's got 3 years left but he could switch to a platoon role later on. Cuddyer has 2015 & 2016, so by 2017 you hope that Conforto or Nimmo have stepped up.

and they're not that broke. They're discussing an extension for Duda and will probobly extend Lagares. Harvey, if he's as good this year as I think he'll be - he's the tough one. Wheeler, you obviously wait till he returns. deGrom could probobly be extended.

I think Flores won't be as bad at SS as everyone thinks. He's got a solid arm and good hands, just slow speed. It's not like he's clumbsy, he just can't run and he looks like he can hit too. He's having a great spring, so I feel fine with him at SS. Herrera played some SS last year and it looks like the mets are trying him out there, but he's a better fit at 2nd. He might not have the arm you like to see in a SS. I think starting Herrera at SS would be a mistake, and doubly so because Murphy is probobly gone next year. There's an opening for Herrera at 2nd.

Wright had a bad year last year but he's at the age where he's starting to get banged up. He's looked good this spring. I think Wright will be fine and Granderson, not bad. Cuddyer looks like he can hit too. He just has to stay healthy. Sit Granderson and start Mayberry vs the occasional lefty and the OF might not be bad. I think Conforto was a great pick who'll be major league ready by next year.
Go NY Go NY Go
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Post#4 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Cecchini is playing well down in AA this year. He is only 21 and some people forget about him but he was a #1 pick. He is a plus defensive shortstop with a decent bat. He isn't projected to be an all-star but if he continues to hit in AA you might see a AAA jump this year and competing for the starting spot next year.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Mets