ImageImageImageImageImage

Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart?

Moderator: Stannis

User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,197
And1: 965
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
Contact:
     

Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart? 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 am

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's exactly a clear 25 and a clear best lineup (Conforto or Cuddyer?, Johnson or Flores?). Also, should David Wright play every game?
https://youtu.be/YJTCXlT4c3E

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty."
User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,197
And1: 965
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
Contact:
     

Re: Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart? 

Post#2 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:45 am

Position Starters:

01 1B Duda
02 2B Murphy
03 SS Flores
04 3B Wright
05 CF Cespedes
06 LF Conforto
07 RF Granderson
08 C d'Arnaud

Bench:
09 LF Cuddyer
10 CF Lagares
11 2B Johnson
12 SS Tejada
13 C Plawecki

Starting Pitchers:

14 SP Harvey
15 SP DeGrom
16 SP Syndergaard
17 SP Colon

Relief Pitchers:

18 RP Matz
19 RP Niese
20 RP Familia
21 RP Clippard
22 RP Gilmartin
23 RP Goeddel
24 RP Robles
25 RP Reed

Notable players missing for me: Carlos Torres, Nieuwenhuis, Young JR, Verrett, Uribe
- Carlos Torres has proven to increase the opponents lead many times. I'd give Reed/Robles/Goeddel/Gilmartin the role of long reliever. Plus, he will be coming off an injury.
- Nieuwenhuis had a few clutch HRs throughout the season, but hasn't done much other than that. Lagares wasn't the obvious choice for me here, but just the slightly better choice.
- Young JR is the only good base stealer on the team. But hasn't been on the team for most of the season.
- I don't think we have room for Verrett. I thought he had good starts, but when used as a relief pitcher, he didn't do too well.
- Uribe will likely be injured into the playoffs. But I believe we can still work him back if one of our players goes down.
https://youtu.be/YJTCXlT4c3E

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty."
User avatar
fire
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,600
And1: 105
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: long island, new york
     

Re: Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart? 

Post#3 » by fire » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 am

Stannis wrote:Position Starters:

01 1B Duda
02 2B Murphy
03 SS Flores
04 3B Wright
05 CF Cespedes
06 LF Conforto
07 RF Granderson
08 C d'Arnaud

Bench:
09 LF Cuddyer
10 CF Lagares
11 2B Johnson
12 SS Tejada
13 C Plawecki

Starting Pitchers:

14 SP Harvey
15 SP DeGrom
16 SP Syndergaard
17 SP Colon

Relief Pitchers:

18 RP Matz
19 RP Niese
20 RP Familia
21 RP Clippard
22 RP Gilmartin
23 RP Goeddel
24 RP Robles
25 RP Reed

Notable players missing for me: Carlos Torres, Nieuwenhuis, Young JR, Verrett, Uribe
- Carlos Torres has proven to increase the opponents lead many times. I'd give Reed/Robles/Goeddel/Gilmartin the role of long reliever. Plus, he will be coming off an injury.
- Nieuwenhuis had a few clutch HRs throughout the season, but hasn't done much other than that. Lagares wasn't the obvious choice for me here, but just the slightly better choice.
- Young JR is the only good base stealer on the team. But hasn't been on the team for most of the season.
- I don't think we have room for Verrett. I thought he had good starts, but when used as a relief pitcher, he didn't do too well.
- Uribe will likely be injured into the playoffs. But I believe we can still work him back if one of our players goes down.


I was gonna say we definately need uribe on the roster...didn't realize his injury was that serious...whats the word on that?
User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,197
And1: 965
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
Contact:
     

Re: Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart? 

Post#4 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:21 pm

fire wrote:
I was gonna say we definately need uribe on the roster...didn't realize his injury was that serious...whats the word on that?

No solid evidence out, but rumors are that he's going to miss this entire road trip and that Terry Collins said he will be injured playoff time too.
https://youtu.be/YJTCXlT4c3E

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty."
User avatar
fire
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,600
And1: 105
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: long island, new york
     

Re: Your playoff 25 and Depth Chart? 

Post#5 » by fire » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Stannis wrote:
fire wrote:
I was gonna say we definately need uribe on the roster...didn't realize his injury was that serious...whats the word on that?

No solid evidence out, but rumors are that he's going to miss this entire road trip and that Terry Collins said he will be injured playoff time too.


fackkkkkk he's been huge for us

Return to New York Mets