ImageImageImageImageImage

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C.

Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Re: *METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C. 

Post#501 » by Shemy » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:24 am

Great season but I doubt we are here again, god damn this fvkn sucks
"They scared now"
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#502 » by DaGawd » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:29 am

Good effort
BaF
Washington Wizards
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#503 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:35 am

Finito.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,594

Post#504 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:36 am

Credit to KC. They are a great team.

But good lord, Mets couldn't folded in key moments.
Free Palestine
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#505 » by isiah_thomas » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:40 am

Shemy wrote:Great season but I doubt we are here again, god damn this fvkn sucks

don't see y they can't they have good starting pitching, get a bullpen, and get hitters that don't fold up
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,902

Post#506 » by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:43 am

Starting next season I will start giving daily updates on mets minor leaguers since that is my forte.

Great season, the Mets are here and our window of opportunities are just starting if key guys can stay healthy.

Can't wait for this offseason and see how Sandy Alderson responds.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#507 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:45 am

If the team had better backing from the ownership, I'd be a little more hopeful to have a second chance next year. But it's just not happening. Cubs, Nats, Cards, Giants will all make key improvements.

Sadly, this was the year but the players folded and the manager bad some bad decisions and KC capitalized on all of them.

Next year, Cespedes likely gone. There won't be anybody to put up a Murphy like performance for those first two series. At least one of the starting 5 will go down with injury. Grandpa Cuddyer will get a lot of time. Wright isn't close to his old self. No bullpen. Uribe, K. Johnson, and Duda have to be resigned. Travis won't learn how to throw to second.
Free Palestine
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#508 » by Jay10 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:47 am

And the awkward moment is going to be on opening day when the Mets play against the Royals in Kansas.

Talk about salt in the wound. :nonono:
Stannis
RealGM

Post#509 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:48 am

isiah_thomas wrote:
Shemy wrote:Great season but I doubt we are here again, god damn this fvkn sucks

don't see y they can't they have good starting pitching, get a bullpen, and get hitters that don't fold up

I can see a better bullpen. But I don't see them getting hitters that don't fold up. Those aren't easy to come by.

Maybe Conforto will mature and be better at the plate. Laragas too, but that's all that I see happening.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#510 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:49 am

Jeffrey wrote:Starting next season I will start giving daily updates on mets minor leaguers since that is my forte.

Great season, the Mets are here and our window of opportunities are just starting if key guys can stay healthy.

Can't wait for this offseason and see how Sandy Alderson responds.

Sweet. I'd love to see who might come up for next season. Hoping for a good pitcher in the pen and another bat.
Free Palestine
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#511 » by isiah_thomas » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:51 am

Nice car for perez ..that red is shining
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#512 » by Shemy » Mon Nov 2, 2015 5:54 am

Need speed on base

Need to reup the one guy that was the main catalyst in us making the playoffs, also need to reup the guy that was the main catalyst in us making it past the first two rounds

Need to reinforce the bullpens

Wilpons broke ass train of though going into next season thinking **** like

Dilson Herrera is ready, Conforto is ready to be "the man", Lagares and Cuddyer are gonna have bounce back years, Madoff promised me a time machine so im gonna put David wright in their while all this is happening

If that doesn't happen we are just gonna overwork our pitchers and win every game 2-1
"They scared now"
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#513 » by reub » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:05 am

The Mets will be terrific next year and that's without Cespedes. Lagaras looks to be ready to come into his own and is a KC type of player. Conforto could become a Hall of Famer down the line...I'm serious. Grandeson is solid. Duda adequate and might improve. Murphy should be resigned and is solid. Wright hopefully will be healthier although they will need a little insurance there (I guess Murphy ). I suggest adding a big righthanded bat at SS to replace Cespedes..a Tulowitzski type if they find one. The bullpen should be better with Familia, Robles making progress, and some other additions. Will Mejia be back? Montero? What do they do with Niese and Colon? Keep one as insurance or package in a trade? Is Colon a free agent? They have some deadwood in Cuddyer that they might be stuck with. Overall the future is very bright!
Stannis
RealGM

Post#514 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:10 am

I love Granderson, but he had some of the worst steal attempts in this last series. He's great leadoff, but having a good base stealer really pays off.

I wouldn't resign Cespedes.

Are there any decent free agents this year? I was skimming through the list, and none really look better than Cespedes, Murphy, and Duda. I'm actually ok with the Conforto/Laragas/Granderson outfield if it turns out Laragas's arm doesn't need surgery. But I would like a good backup infielder (Uribe is cool with me) and a good batting SS or 1B. I would like to shop around for a new 3B, but Wright will have that position locked.

A new bullpen is definitely top priority for me. Vic Black, Parnell, Mejia, and Blevins all failed/went down this year (talk about luck, eh?), and likely won't be back (Mejia for sure). Maybe Robles can be an ok guy if he can add some movement to his pitches. Edgin will be another experiment (won't hold my breath for this one). Montero another experiment too in the pen. Nothing great.

Resign Uribe for sure, he will get a lot of time.
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,902

Post#515 » by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:21 am

Would you guys say I'm crazy if I'm hoping the Mets do not overpay for Cespedes and just give the QO to Murphy?

I just feel that Cespedes is a reallly streaky hitter. He's more of a 25-30 HR hitter but for 25 million dollars thats reported? Really?!
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#516 » by Shemy » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:24 am

ClydeRules wrote:The Mets will be terrific next year and that's without Cespedes. Lagaras looks to be ready to come into his own and is a KC type of player. Conforto could become a Hall of Famer down the line...I'm serious. Grandeson is solid. Duda adequate and might improve. Murphy should be resigned and is solid. Wright hopefully will be healthier although they will need a little insurance there (I guess Murphy ). I suggest adding a big righthanded bat at SS to replace Cespedes..a Tulowitzski type if they find one. The bullpen should be better with Familia, Robles making progress, and some other additions. Will Mejia be back? Montero? What do they do with Niese and Colon? Keep one as insurance or package in a trade? Is Colon a free agent? They have some deadwood in Cuddyer that they might be stuck with. Overall the future is very bright!

A lot of IFs
"They scared now"
Stannis
RealGM

Post#517 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:31 am

ClydeRules wrote:The Mets will be terrific next year and that's without Cespedes. Lagaras looks to be ready to come into his own and is a KC type of player. Conforto could become a Hall of Famer down the line...I'm serious. Grandeson is solid. Duda adequate and might improve. Murphy should be resigned and is solid. Wright hopefully will be healthier although they will need a little insurance there (I guess Murphy ). I suggest adding a big righthanded bat at SS to replace Cespedes..a Tulowitzski type if they find one. The bullpen should be better with Familia, Robles making progress, and some other additions. Will Mejia be back? Montero? What do they do with Niese and Colon? Keep one as insurance or package in a trade? Is Colon a free agent? They have some deadwood in Cuddyer that they might be stuck with. Overall the future is very bright!
I'm not sure about Lagares. His arm isn't what it used to be. TJ might be needed. It's worth to note that Cespedes wasn't playing CF till he joined the Mets which is why he looks lost out there sometimes. Maybe he'll be more comfortable there next season? It all depends on the health of Lagares and what the contract of Cespedes looks like. Even though Cespedes folded in the playoffs this year, he's still that type of guy I see taking the Mets to the playoffs. And let's be honest, the division will be tougher next season with the Nationals and Marlins. Having or not having a guy like Cespedes may be the deciding factor if the Mets make the playoffs again or not.

Murphy might get a decent contract tbh. I think Uribe can fill that role if we just want insurance at 2B and 3B.

Mejia got caught using enhancing drugs twice. He's going to miss another 160 games I believe (or 80). But even if/when he does return, he can't be trusted. Maybe those enhancing drugs were the reasons he was looking good or he's just going to get caught again.

Montero, imo, will be a quadruple A player or a 5th starter. He hasn't showed much upside from the pen. And he can't be a 5th starter when the Mets have their 5 flamethrowers (when Wheeler returns in July) + Niese as the 6th/spot starter. Him and Verrett will likely get a few starts until Wheeler returns.

Niese stays. A 6th man rotation might be a given for next season since lot of these young guys went more innings than they ever have. All of them seem to be more comfortable pitching on extended rest except for Harvey.

I'd resign Colon if he agrees to a cheap contract and pitches from the pen in junk roles like Carlos Torres has done these last two seasons. But I think he will get a contract elsewhere as a 5th starter for another team. I still like him, but I don't see a need for him anymore as a starter with a decently sized contract. Familia learned as much as he could from him.

Cuddyer is just going to be a platoon/backup guy. It sucks that they gave up a 1st rounder for him, but he's an ok backup tbh. Beats having .180 guys like Mayberry and Kirk.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#518 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:56 am

Jeffrey wrote:Would you guys say I'm crazy if I'm hoping the Mets do not overpay for Cespedes and just give the QO to Murphy?

I just feel that Cespedes is a reallly streaky hitter. He's more of a 25-30 HR hitter but for 25 million dollars thats reported? Really?!
Not crazy. He'd be a huge help. We don't know what Dilson will be able to do. Wright will miss lot of games. Duda needs to be resigned. If he is, he might miss some games to rest or injury. Murphy is a bad fielder, but is actually better at fielding 3B and 1B than 2B from what I read.

The QO is roughly 15 mil just for one year. So it just depends on the market for him. They can get a compensation pick if they lose him to another team I believe, which I'd take.

15 mil just for one year is still a lot of money. I rather resign Uribe and Kelly Johnson for added depth. And some extra money on a SS since I don't know when Tejada will return. So you'd have Uribe and Kelly Johnson as infield ultily players. And Cuddyer can be backup at 1B too.

I'm iffy Cespedes. Making the playoffs will be harder next season. The Mets might need him to secure some wins. But yea, no way I'd give him 25m/yr for 6+ yrs.
Free Palestine
Dave4585
Starter
And1: 445

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C. 

Post#519 » by Dave4585 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:08 am

Mets need more speed, better defense, and a bullpen. Of course with our cheap owners and the fact we are stuck with Michael Cadaver for another year sucking up 10+ mil makes it hard to believe we will spend money. Even though I'm sure they made a **** load this season and getting into the playoffs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#520 » by reub » Mon Nov 2, 2015 7:12 am

I would rather let Cespedes go and sign an Ian Desmond coming off a bad year to play SS. Let Conforto, Lagaras and Grandeson be our outfield. We can start to use Herrera at 2B occasionally and rotate Murphy around the IF for depth. I believe that we have a few more chips in the minors and would like to see us upgrade at SS more than anywhere else. Our starting pitching will be supreme!

Return to New York Mets