ImageImageImageImageImage

1 Month In Mets are 15-9

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

1 Month In Mets are 15-9 

Post#1 » by Jose7 » Tue May 1, 2007 2:12 am

we are .5 games out of first place with David, Delgado and LoDuca not producing at all, I forsee great things coming in the near future for this team.

On another Note our regular starting pitchers have all be EXCELLENT!

Tom Glavine 3-1 | 35.1 IP | 2.80 ERA | 18-13 K:BB
John Maine 4-0 | 33.1 IP | 1.35 ERA!!!! | 30-17 K:BB
Oliver Perez 2-2 | 23.1 IP | 3.86 ERA | 26-7 K:BB!!!!!!!!!!
El Duque 2-1 | 32.0 IP | 2.53 ERA!! | 25-13 K:BB
Pelfrey... :( 0-2 | 13.2 IP :( | 7.90 ERA :( !!!! | 6-7 K:BB :( !!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said we have had terrific SP. El Duque's injury is going to be hard to overcome but I really feel Pelfrey will turn it around. Chan Ho Suck needs to be booted, he is terrible. Bring up Jorge Sosa or Phil Humber.

Our pen has been excellent also aside of Aaron Heilwoman everyone has done excellent especailly Mr. Joe Smith and Billy Wagner.

Reyes and Beltran have been the first month MVPs.
Alou, Green and Stache have been very good in the 6, 7 and 8 holes.
Our bench has been great again, Easley, Chavy, Castro and Father time have all contributed in good amounts.

We just have to get loDuca, David and Delgado going. THese guys are too good to play mediocore. I expect a great May from this team, as well as a muchh better month from Pelfrey, Wright and Carlos Delgado.

LETS GO METS!!
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#2 » by DocZaius » Tue May 1, 2007 5:34 am

we're suffering from the same problems as the NLCS, no clutch hitting whatsoever

there is nothing thats gonna change this fate until we fire Down now
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Tue May 1, 2007 3:48 pm

Im willing to overlook Delgado not hitting, however we need to focus on whats the issue for Wright. Lo Duca is the seasoned veteran that im expecting to turn around. Wright has not looked the same at all, he is one of the people we need in this lineup. Alou and Green have been great, but we cant expect them to produce these numbers throughout the entire year.`
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#4 » by holdupstop23 » Tue May 1, 2007 4:09 pm

LoDuca was great last year. But we are really just wasting an out behind Reyes. Beltran in the 2 hole would make the lineup SO much better. Having them on, you see what they can do...double steals, etc.

The thing is, Willie would rather have 1 run instead of maybe 3 runs. Wright is really struggling, give him some more AB's by moving him up. willie is just too damn stubborn to try something better.
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
pdxblazers92087
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by pdxblazers92087 » Tue May 1, 2007 4:09 pm

i'm slowly losing faith in Dwright. I'm hoping that he turns his numbers around so i look like an idiot. But hes been nothing but a dissapointment so far this season. I remember he played Santa Claus last year for the mets.... the curse is holding true :(. Honestly i think all his fame has gotten to him. I watch every mets game hoping he jacks one out of the park to turn things around. But every game gets tougher to watch.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#6 » by Lord Commander » Tue May 1, 2007 6:50 pm

pdxblazers92087 wrote:i'm slowly losing faith in Dwright. I'm hoping that he turns his numbers around so i look like an idiot. But hes been nothing but a dissapointment so far this season. I remember he played Santa Claus last year for the mets.... the curse is holding true :(. Honestly i think all his fame has gotten to him. I watch every mets game hoping he jacks one out of the park to turn things around. But every game gets tougher to watch.

HE'S IN A SLUMP!!! The very best go through one from time to time. David Wright will break out of his slump and go on to hit in the .290s. There is nothing in his professional career (including minors) that would suggest otherwise. When he gets hot soon, I want to hear the mea culpas coming from you people. You know who you are...the same ones who booed him last night :noway:
pdxblazers92087
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by pdxblazers92087 » Tue May 1, 2007 9:53 pm

i think we all know hes in a slump... Its still tough to watch. I'm not concerned about his BA slump i'm concerned with his POWER slump. Thats a long slump since it dates back to the all star game last year. I'm 100% confident that he can / will break both slumps. Wright is just the choosen one and its tough to watch him do otherwise and get so frustrated with it.

Return to New York Mets