Yanks go ALL-IN for Tanaka

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Yanks go ALL-IN for Tanaka 

Post#21 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:37 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Who wants more than $20M? His team in Japan? If MLB goes with what the poor owners are pushing that $20M is all that his team will get.

Yes. But no one said they have to be happy with that number. The deadline is Feb 1st. Let's see what happens. One way or another I think the Yanks will get him.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,122

Post#22 » by Pharmcat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

the thing with tanaka is he is getting all this hype, yet he is not as a good of a prospect as darvish

why werent the yanks in on him and budgeted for him like they are with tanaka?

this FO has no skills
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#23 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh I completely agree man. Problem is, the Yanks DESPERATELY need starting pitching. It's Kuroda and a bunch of question marks. CC is at best a #3. Pineda who knows if he can stay healthy. Nova and Phelps are good kids but not front rotation material. What options to the Yanks have after that? Not good.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,240

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Oh I completely agree man. Problem is, the Yanks DESPERATELY need starting pitching. It's Kuroda and a bunch of question marks. CC is at best a #3. Pineda who knows if he can stay healthy. Nova and Phelps are good kids but not front rotation material. What options to the Yanks have after that? Not good.

They could trade for Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels. Lee is older but he's been durable and only has 2 years left on his contract. He's proven he can pitch in the AL and do extremely well at it. Hamels is the younger of the two at 29 but his contract has another 5 years on it but it has an early termination clause that would make it just 4 more years if he doesn't hit certain milestones (which are not likely if he's not pitching close to what he'd be paid owed). Lee's is one of the best at taking care of himself so I'm not too concerned about him getting hurt or losing his stuff. Hamels will still be pitching the bulk of those years in his prime.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#25 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 am

Lee never wanted to come to NY. Yanks don't have enough for Hamels.

Return to New York Yankees