ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#21 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 6:43 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:I'm practically through with Duncan. If we can get something of value for him, do it.

Miranda went 1 for 2 today w/ a HR and a BB :D
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#22 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 8:13 am

how about Mussina I think he's turninig to an NL pitcher what trades can we do for him
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#23 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:10 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:how about Mussina I think he's turninig to an NL pitcher what trades can we do for him

Um... it's ridiculous to talk about trading Mussina. It's just ridiculous. :crazy:

Giving up on Mussina after 5 starts.. just ridiculous. :nonono:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#24 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Um... it's ridiculous to talk about trading Mussina. It's just ridiculous. :crazy:

Giving up on Mussina after 5 starts.. just ridiculous. :nonono:

tell me if Melky doesn't catch that HR how many runs does CWS score ?

Even David Justice said it he looks done.

I've argued about Moose before but he always gives up the late inning hits, I'd think about it seriously because your telling me no one in our system would pitch better than him ?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#25 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Mussina -- who also allowed a solo homer to Paul Konerko, his fifth, in the fourth inning -- was charged with five runs and eight hits over 5 1/3 innings, walking none and striking out one over an 86-pitch outing.

Afterward, Mussina complained that his lack of sharpness was probably due to too much time off, as the rainout had forced him to pitch after six days of rest.

Mussina had wandered into the raindrops on Tuesday night to play catch with bullpen catcher Mike Borzello, but Mussina said the effects of soft-tossing across the outfield grass and actually firing a full-blown mound session are not comparable.

He reported that his pitches lacked their usual bite and he found his offerings barely reaching Posada's glove, instead of feeling as though he could throw through the catcher, the plate umpire or to a specific spot on the backstop.

"It's tough when you're a starting pitcher and you're used to doing things a certain day, and things are getting messed up time after time," Mussina said.

MAN THE F*** UP !!! :evil:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#26 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:02 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:
Mussina -- who also allowed a solo homer to Paul Konerko, his fifth, in the fourth inning -- was charged with five runs and eight hits over 5 1/3 innings, walking none and striking out one over an 86-pitch outing.

Afterward, Mussina complained that his lack of sharpness was probably due to too much time off, as the rainout had forced him to pitch after six days of rest.

Mussina had wandered into the raindrops on Tuesday night to play catch with bullpen catcher Mike Borzello, but Mussina said the effects of soft-tossing across the outfield grass and actually firing a full-blown mound session are not comparable.

He reported that his pitches lacked their usual bite and he found his offerings barely reaching Posada's glove, instead of feeling as though he could throw through the catcher, the plate umpire or to a specific spot on the backstop.

"It's tough when you're a starting pitcher and you're used to doing things a certain day, and things are getting messed up time after time," Mussina said.

MAN THE F*** UP !!! :evil:

That's the way Mussina has always been. You have to take the good with the bad with him.

Who would trade him after the year he had last year? :crazy: The guy had a 3.51 ERA, better than anyone on our staff. David Justice is an idiot for saying what he said.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#27 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:04 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

tell me if Melky doesn't catch that HR how many runs does CWS score ?

Even David Justice said it he looks done.

I've argued about Moose before but he always gives up the late inning hits, I'd think about it seriously because your telling me no one in our system would pitch better than him ?

It wasn't one of Moose's finest outings. It's common knowledge, when you mess with Moose's schedule, he doesn't take very well to it. It sucks, but that's just the way Moose is.

And can anybody in our system pitch better than him? It depends if we get the healthy 2006 Mussina. If that is the case, probably the only guy in the minors who can pitch better than him is Phil Hughes.

And who the **** cares what David Justice says? :nonono: Justice has proved time and time again he is a fool. :nonono:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#28 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 1:13 pm

It wasn't one of Moose's finest outings. It's common knowledge, when you mess with Moose's schedule, he doesn't take very well to it. It sucks, but that's just the way Moose is.

And can anybody in our system pitch better than him? It depends if we get the healthy 2006 Mussina. If that is the case, probably the only guy in the minors who can pitch better than him is Phil Hughes.

And who the **** cares what David Justice says? :nonono: Justice has proved time and time again he is a fool. :nonono:

trust me Justice isn't my favorite player either but his point is a Moose start in the AL isn't more than 5 innings and scoreless anymore. Moose has loss velocity and he just hasn't looked right this season, not saying trade him but keep an eye on him w/ deals this trading deadline
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#29 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:27 pm

trust me Justice isn't my favorite player either but his point is a Moose start in the AL isn't more than 5 innings and scoreless anymore. Moose has loss velocity and he just hasn't looked right this season, not saying trade him but keep an eye on him w/ deals this trading deadline

His last two starts were very good. He could have went 7 innings both times if he wasn't on a pitch count. :crazy:

His full year hasn't been great at all so far, but his last two starts were great and there is no denying that.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#30 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 1:31 pm

His last two starts were very good. He could have went 7 innings both times if he wasn't on a pitch count. :crazy:

His full year hasn't been great at all so far, but his last two starts were great and there is no denying that.

Cmaff me and you are just going to disagree on this, I guarantee you Moose is done.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#31 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Cmaff me and you are just going to disagree on this, I guarantee you Moose is done.

Shall I bump this thread up at the end of the year?

I could have seen this coming. Moose was thrown off schedule. He was bound to throw a stinker.

But somehow you want to ignore his last two starts where he was just terrific.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#32 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Shall I bump this thread up at the end of the year?

I could have seen this coming. Moose was thrown off schedule. He was bound to throw a stinker.

But somehow you want to ignore his last two starts where he was just terrific.

his last 2 starts were against horrible hitting teams twice vs Texas when they couldn't hit a beach ball and how about getting rocked by Baltimore ?

but sure bump the thread at the end of the season this should be very interesting.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#33 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 2:49 pm

It's obvious that he is on the decline but 5 starts is too little of a sample for this year to start shopping him. He's always had good stuff and even though it's quite irritating, when you mess with his schedule he always b*tches and moans.

Remember when we started the season in Japan a few years back? Mussina complained about that for the entire season saying that it threw him off. He's a creature of habit.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#34 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm

oh crap Kyle Farnsworth just might have put the nail to his Yankee career he spoke vs Clemens on Chicago radio WFAN picked it up :lol:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#35 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 pm

oh crap Kyle Farnsworth just might have put the nail to his Yankee career he spoke vs Clemens on Chicago radio WFAN picked it up

What did he do?

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#36 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 pm

You know I was thinking last night that we might be able to unload Villone, Vizcaino or Farnsworth to Atlanta. Wickman just came back from the DL, Gonzalez is on the DL and Soriano has had some ups and downs. Those are their 7th,8th and 9th inning guys. Maybe we could pry Salty from them? McCann is their guy long term. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#37 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 4:19 pm

You know I was thinking last night that we might be able to unload Villone, Vizcaino or Farnsworth to Atlanta. Wickman just came back from the DL, Gonzalez is on the DL and Soriano has had some ups and downs. Those are their 7th,8th and 9th inning guys. Maybe we could pry Salty from them? McCann is their guy long term. -Jitpal

Franceour for Abreu and a prospect?

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#38 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:56 pm

Jitpal wrote:You know I was thinking last night that we might be able to unload Villone, Vizcaino or Farnsworth to Atlanta. Wickman just came back from the DL, Gonzalez is on the DL and Soriano has had some ups and downs. Those are their 7th,8th and 9th inning guys. Maybe we could pry Salty from them? McCann is their guy long term. -Jitpal

Farnsworth was already on the braves. Why would they want him again? He had a blowup in the 2005 postseason, don't you remember?
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#39 » by Jitpal » Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 am

Farnsworth was already on the braves. Why would they want him again? He had a blowup in the 2005 postseason, don't you remember?

Nope, I try to forget all the times Farnsworth has screwed up so it looks like a halfway decent signing. But seriously, it really did slip my mind that he was on the Braves. What a stupid thought by me. However, the other two guys, still in the picture. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#40 » by 34Celtic » Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm

Jitpal wrote:I wonder if we could do grab Alex Rios, Scott Downs, and Jamie Vermilyea for Villone, Sardinha, and Clippard? -Jitpal

This makes no sense for Toronto. Rios is unblievable, only 26, and not eligable for FA until 2011

Return to New York Yankees