ImageImageImageImageImage

SF Giants interested in Melky ?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#81 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:43 pm

You guys have to understand that we are not arguing how this trade is bad for us talent and age wise, we are arguing doing the trade in midseason. Everyone has agreed the trade would help us next year, but not this year.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 10, 2007 3:44 pm

1st-Nice Catch
2nd-He broke back on the ball at first, then had to recover to make a diving catch
3rd-Big deal, he threw out Giles trying to turn a blooper in the gap into a double
4th-This one is my favorite, it really is. You can hear the announcer say, "He misjudged the ball, I thought it was going to sail over his head."

Baseball IQ fellas, diving catches are one thing if they are made by getting great jumps and great reads. It's another if you get bad jumps and bad reads and need the dive to recover.

My computer is cryptic so I can't watch those vids I'll have to restart. If that's the case with these vids, then big deal for Linden. Rey Ordonez used to do somersaults to catch up to tricklers.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#83 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 3:45 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL WHERE DID THE LINKS GO?!?!?!?!??!?!

game changing OF defense is a rarity

P.S. sorry for the videos, the link was to big I forgot how to shorten it.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#84 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 pm

You guys have to understand that we are not arguing how this trade is bad for us talent and age wise, we are arguing doing the trade in midseason. Everyone has agreed the trade would help us next year, but not this year.

No, I agree on that. This isn't the trade to make in May or June. I've said that in the offseason I'd do it.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
throwbackewing33
Starter

Post#85 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 pm

34Celtic wrote:1st-Nice Catch
2nd-He broke back on the ball at first, then had to recover to make a diving catch
3rd-Big deal, he threw out Giles trying to turn a blooper in the gap into a double
4th-This one is my favorite, it really is. You can hear the announcer say, "He misjudged the ball, I thought it was going to sail over his head."

Baseball IQ fellas, diving catches are one thing if they are made by getting great jumps and great reads. It's another if you get bad jumps and bad reads and need the dive to recover.

This is 100% right. I played Outfield my whole life and I've seen people dive for a ball and make it look good when with a good jump on the ball was a routine catch. Im sure the guy is a good defensive outfielder but judging by those clips that proves how inexperienced he is.
throwbackewing33
Starter

Post#86 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 pm

One thing we should all agree on is that we need a fresh arm in the bullpen at the deadline. the question is what do we trade for that arm? I think we need to trade guys like desalvo and rasner because long term I dont think they will be that spectacular.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#87 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm

One thing we should all agree on is that we need a fresh arm in the bullpen at the deadline. the question is what do we trade for that arm? I think we need to trade guys like desalvo and rasner because long term I dont think they will be that spectacular.

Any ideas on who is out there?

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#88 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Goose Gossage said Desalvo had the best stuff in camp and now, he said he'd pute his stuff a tad behind Hughes on the Max Kellerman show
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#89 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

Any ideas on who is out there?

I mentioned earlier that I would trade Melky and a young arm for Scott Linebrink, but got shot down
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#90 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 10, 2007 4:04 pm

Goose Gossage said Desalvo had the best stuff in camp and now, he said he'd pute his stuff a tad behind Hughes on the Max Kellerman show

Wow, I don't know if I put his stuff a TAD behind Hughes. He really impressed me in his first start but I think Goose is being a little excessive.

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#91 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 4:04 pm

I mentioned earlier that I would trade Melky and a young arm for Scott Linebrink, but got shot down

because it's Scott Linebrink you don't get him just for Melky especially from SD :-?
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#92 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 pm

throwbackewing33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is 100% right. I played Outfield my whole life and I've seen people dive for a ball and make it look good when with a good jump on the ball was a routine catch. Im sure the guy is a good defensive outfielder but judging by those clips that proves how inexperienced he is.

THANK YOU :clap: :clap: I'm glad someone around here has my IQ and has been around the game as much as me to realize this. The thing with guys like Andruw Jones and Jim Edmonds is yeah, they play shallow, but are better going back on the ball, which enables them to play shallow. They not only make great catches but get great jumps and make great reads. I was watching a Yanks Orioles game a few weeks ago when Markakis made a diving catch. One of my cousins who had just come in the room said "Whoa what a catch." My grandpa (who is a Cincinnati Reds scout and I looked at each other and questioned the route he took to the ball.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#93 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 4:07 pm

THANK YOU :clap: :clap: I'm glad someone around here has my IQ and has been around the game as much as me to realize this. The thing with guys like Andruw Jones and Jim Edmonds is yeah, they play shallow, but are better going back on the ball, which enables them to play shallow. They not only make great catches but get great jumps and make great reads. I was watching a Yanks Orioles game a few weeks ago when Markakis made a diving catch. One of my cousins who had just come in the room said "Whoa what a catch." My grandpa (who is a Cincinnati Reds scout and I looked at each other and questioned the route he took to the ball.

yet you defend Abreu ? :-?
throwbackewing33
Starter

Post#94 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:07 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

because it's Scott Linebrink you don't get him just for Melky especially from SD :-?

He said with a young arm! meaning rasner or desalvo. I dont even think we should trade melky at all this season. I think we should just trade a couple young arms for that reliever.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#95 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 10, 2007 4:07 pm

34Celtic wrote:
NYKnSTILL! wrote:because it's Scott Linebrink you don't get him just for Melky especially from SD :-?

34Celtic wrote:I mentioned earlier that I would trade Melky and a young arm for Scott Linebrink, but got shot down
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#96 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 10, 2007 4:08 pm

yet you defend Abreu ? :-?

I never defended Abreu. I said Abreu, with Melky as our 4th OF is better then Melky with Linden as our 4th OF. Even with Lowry because our starting rotation is set. Am I not being clear?
throwbackewing33
Starter

Post#97 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Abreus defense isnt even a problem. Right field is a small area in Yankee Stadium and Abreus arm makes up for not making diving catches every game. If anything Matsui is our worst outfielder.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#98 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 4:13 pm

I never defended Abreu. I said Abreu, with Melky as our 4th OF is better then Melky with Linden as our 4th OF. Even with Lowry because our starting rotation is set. Am I not being clear?

I still have Lowry on that want list, your arguement is keep a 33 year old Abreu who is shaky because he helps the offense , my arguement if Abreu keeps having 0 fors w/ RISP his trade stock will just collapse before we get the chance to upgrade. I stand by what I say Sanchez and Lowry alone make this deal worth it.
throwbackewing33
Starter

Post#99 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:17 pm

I still have Lowry on that want list, your arguement is keep a 33 year old Abreu who is shaky because he helps the offense , my arguement if Abreu keeps having 0 fors w/ RISP his trade stock will just collapse before we get the chance to upgrade. I stand by what I say Sanchez and Lowry alone make this deal worth it.

Can you honestly say that that deal helps us win THIS year????
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#100 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 4:19 pm

throwbackewing33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Can you honestly say that that deal helps us win THIS year????

can you honestly tell me we're winning this year ? why not stack the future arms and get them in line it's called planning ahead.

Return to New York Yankees