ImageImageImageImageImage

Houston A-stros @ New York: Opening Day!!!!!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Houston A-stros @ New York: Opening Day!!!!! 

Post#1 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 1, 2016 4:39 pm

“All I know is what I’ve always said: I shouldn’t have to have a $200 million payroll to win the world championship. It’s been proven over and over again, right?"- Hal Steinbrenner on the luxury-tax threshold.

As Ella Fitzgerald once said, "Times have changed..." The NY Yankees mission statement was once, "Win a World Series" at any cost. That is no longer the mission statement with Young Money, Hal Steinbrenner. The new mission statement is, "Cost effective" winning.

We all know Hal Steinbrenner HATES the luxury tax especially after he pointed at the Mets and complained that they should be paying more for a payroll half the cost of the NY Yankees. Hence, GM Brian Cashman who is inept corporate lawyer with no scouting experience, added the best wife beating closer to solidify the 7-9 innings. Unfortunately when it comes to the Yanks needs in pitching it isn't the back end but the front end's ability to last more than 5 innings.

Tanaka, Pineda, Eovaldi, Nova, Sabbathia...just ugly after 5 innings.

But let's just say, Serevino comes in and the Yanks squeeze a good season out of Tanaka and Pineda....the offense is going to be reliant on A-rod and Teixiera? OOPH...

I wouldn't be so worried about the Yanks if not for the fact that their scouting and GM have been complacent and overly reliant on 90s team put together by Gene Michaels and Bob Watson.

Opening day is a rematch of the 1 game Post season where Yankee killer Keuchel OWNED them. Will he do so again? Tune into find out.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Re: Houston A-stros @ New York: Opening Day!!!!! 

Post#2 » by F N 11 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 5:57 pm

Castro first at bat drove in 2. Good start. Tanaka looking good as well.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#3 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:02 pm

Goddammit Betances!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#4 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 3:18 pm

Same old middle of the lineup is getting annoying.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#5 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 8, 2016 3:39 pm

Dallas Keuchel and his Bin Laden beard may stifle the Yanks but the rest of the Stros' rotation is human. Starlin and Teixiera (who uncharacteristically is off to a hot start) bludgeoned the Houston Starting pitching. We'll take 2 out of 3.

Return to New York Yankees