ImageImageImageImageImage

Another Reason Baseball should have Instant Replay

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Should baseball implement a system of instant replay's?

Total votes: 0

ReggieFULLeffect
Senior
And1: 0

Another Reason Baseball should have Instant Replay 

Post#1 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue May 8, 2007 1:54 am

I'm currently watching the NYY - Seattle game right now and I can't help but realize that the horribly blown call in the 8th inning which led to the Mariners tying the game(and ultimately taking the lead instead of tying it in the 9th) could have been prevented with instant replay. I mean, those of us who saw the game and saw that play know it wasn't in any way a bang-bang play and it was so obvious but...the ump got the call wrong.

Obviously, I believe that the system shouldn't allow you to challenge balls and strikes but definitely calls like that should be able to be in question.

Any ideas?
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#2 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 2:03 am

No.....over and over and over again.....
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#3 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 2:03 am

Why even have umpires, we could just let computers monitor the game
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
ijag23
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#4 » by ijag23 » Tue May 8, 2007 2:04 am

34Celtic wrote:Why even have umpires, we could just let computers monitor the game

Sounds good to me.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#5 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue May 8, 2007 2:05 am

well....the yankees most likely have a win tonight if there was instant replay.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#6 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue May 8, 2007 2:07 am

No.....over and over and over again.....

Why is it such a bad idea? Raise some points instead of just saying no.

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#7 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 2:27 am

Jeffery Maier. The Yankees may not win the 96 series.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#8 » by PR07 » Tue May 8, 2007 2:38 am

It just doesn't seem like a good fit for baseball.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#9 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 8, 2007 2:59 am

No. and no and no and no

sh** happens we live w/ it, it's a blown call , it didn't help us move on , last thing I want is instant replay taking 5 - 6 mins. of my day or night.
ijag23
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#10 » by ijag23 » Tue May 8, 2007 3:58 am

Well, Willie Bloomquist agrees with you...

Beltre hit a tiebreaking homer off Rivera in the ninth inning, and Seattle took advantage of a huge break on a not-even-close play at second base to beat the New York Yankees 3-2 Monday night.

"We'll take it," Willie Bloomquist said. "It's just a good thing there's no instant replay in baseball."

:nonono:
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#11 » by Jitpal » Tue May 8, 2007 4:58 am

I support instant replays in some situations. Not for strikes and balls. I wouldn't mind it for base running plays and judging fair/foul home runs. It should be like football, where the manager can ask for it like once per game or something. -Jitpal
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,723

Post#12 » by ccvle » Tue May 8, 2007 11:47 am

These sh-t happens. you get away winning some and losing some. Lets not be like the knicks and blame everything on the refs and larry brown.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#13 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 12:42 pm

ccvle wrote:These sh-t happens. you get away winning some and losing some. Lets not be like the knicks and blame everything on the refs and larry brown.

:nod:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#14 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue May 8, 2007 6:51 pm

These sh-t happens. you get away winning some and losing some. Lets not be like the knicks and blame everything on the refs and larry brown.

No one is blaming the umps for EVERYTHING. The umpire didnt make Mo give up that HR. He did however lead to the Mariners taking the lead in the 8th. I don't know how you can just chalk that up to "**** happens." Who knows how the game wouldve went----no one knows for sure. But, with a system like football has that call would've been overturned and I can guarnatee all of you would not have had a problem if Mattingly was able to say "wait a minute...he was out," and then he throws out the red flag or something and the call is overturned.

Baserunning calls, foul or fair --- wrong calls pertaining to thoe things won't happen.

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#15 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 6:58 pm

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#16 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 8, 2007 7:02 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

No one is blaming the umps for EVERYTHING. The umpire didnt make Mo give up that HR. He did however lead to the Mariners taking the lead in the 8th. I don't know how you can just chalk that up to "**** happens." Who knows how the game wouldve went----no one knows for sure. But, with a system like football has that call would've been overturned and I can guarnatee all of you would not have had a problem if Mattingly was able to say "wait a minute...he was out," and then he throws out the red flag or something and the call is overturned.

Baserunning calls, foul or fair --- wrong calls pertaining to thoe things won't happen.

Like I said lets have computers do the whole thing, they can have laser sensors around the strike zone, the players could wear sensors so we know exactly when they are tagged. The technology exists. Hell lets let them wear space suits and play on the moon. The ball will carry so far and guys will be able to make leaping catches where they jump 50 ft in the air. I guarantee if Damon stole second last night and we were in Seattles position and won you would not be having this conversation.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#17 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue May 8, 2007 7:45 pm

Like I said lets have computers do the whole thing, they can have laser sensors around the strike zone, the players could wear sensors so we know exactly when they are tagged. The technology exists. Hell lets let them wear space suits and play on the moon. The ball will carry so far and guys will be able to make leaping catches where they jump 50 ft in the air. I guarantee if Damon stole second last night and we were in Seattles position and won you would not be having this conversation.

No...Seattle would be having the conversation. When did I ask for lasers? Does the NFL have lasers??? What are you talking about? Spacesuits? Sensors?

Dude, I made a suggestion about maybe having a system where certain calls can't be blown like the one from last night. It's my opinion to think that it's a good idea. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Don't try to make me sound like a moron by claiming that I want space people and lasers you dope.

As for 96', hey it was a blown call, we all know that, but I was 8 so I didn't realize...

DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#18 » by DakkaFromNyc » Tue May 8, 2007 10:36 pm

I wouldnt mind a replay for certain plays.
AGGiE
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#19 » by AGGiE » Wed May 9, 2007 11:34 am

Image :nonono:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#20 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 9, 2007 11:39 am

can't win em all fellas

Return to New York Yankees