ImageImageImageImageImage

Giambi to the Angels?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 23, 2007 3:32 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:
Exactly, and he can, in no way, shape, or form, even give us half of what Giambi can over the course of a full season. So all you Santana lovers keep dreaming because Ervin, even with Mcpherson, Napoli, or whoever is not enough to get this done.

I wouldn't even want any one those dudes. The ONLY way I back a deal to the angels is if there is a good bullpen arm like Shields (though highly unlikely) and one or two position prospects with a good amount of potential. Figgins and Molina??? Trade away a starting DH with power and the ability to hit under pressure for two backups? WTF!

Exactly....there are just some people around here who want to blow this thing up and start over from scratch. You don't do that when everyone except your first basemen has been to an all star game, you have a hall of fame pitcher, two others who are boarderline, the runner up for AL-Cy Young from last year, the top pitching prospect in baseball, and the best closer of all time. No you don't give up fellas, don't throw in the towel. You keep fighting, like any winner and champion does. This is not the Toronto Blue Jays, we don't need to dump salary because we can't afford it. We fight, keep trucking until our rotation gets back, healthy, and Rivera works out of this funk. We let Abreu and Robby get their swings back, Johnny get healthy, and keep throwing Proctor out there. If this thing still looks this bleak at the end of July, sure.....then you can talk to me about unloading some of these guys for prospects. But stop....its May, we have two months of fight left in us.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#22 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Wed May 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Over...did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO! And it ain't over now. Cause when the goin gets tough...

The tough get goin! Who's with me?! Let's go! Come on!

What the f*ck happened to the Yankees I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts huh? This could be the greatest season of our lives but you're gonna let it be the worst. Oh we're afraid to win we might actually get to the playoffs. Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Papelbon! He's a dead man. Ortiz! Dead! SCHILLING!!!!
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#23 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 23, 2007 5:13 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:Over...did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO! And it ain't over now. Cause when the goin gets tough...

The tough get goin! Who's with me?! Let's go! Come on!

What the f*ck happened to the Yankees I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts huh? This could be the greatest season of our lives but you're gonna let it be the worst. Oh we're afraid to win we might actually get to the playoffs. Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Papelbon! He's a dead man. Ortiz! Dead! SCHILLING!!!!

Me and you Reggie, we're all thats left....... :onfire: Lets Catch Fire, :box: duke it out with those sox tonight.... :party: party in the bronx.... :rocking: And keep Rocking on. Because the only fans who surrender :giveup: around here are Mets fansssss....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEYYYYYY
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#24 » by Jitpal » Wed May 23, 2007 8:08 pm

No one is saying forget this season and it is a lost cause. It isn't in the bag either, no where near. It is a huge uphill battle where we have to play .650-.700 ball from here on out and hope Boston can slip and become a .500-.550 team. Without that our only hope is the wild card and we would be up against the Twins, Tigers, White Sox and Indians(well only 3 of them because the other will win the division) for that wild card. I believe that if we have a deal that can improve us for next season we have to make it because this season is not looking like it is our year. We aren't out but we are not in it. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#25 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 24, 2007 3:12 am

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who is going to DH for us. Josh freeking Phelps?

you rather we pay 21 MILLION when he can't play anymore and have more Yankees fans talkin' sh** about Cashman not selling him to another team when they wanted him :evil:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#26 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you rather we pay 21 MILLION when he can't play anymore and have more Yankees fans talkin' sh** about Cashman not selling him to another team when they wanted him :evil:

Yup, because Cashman gave him that contract. I have no reason to belive Giambi cant be productive. At least more productive than Josh Phelps

:evil:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#27 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 24, 2007 5:19 am

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Yup, because Cashman gave him that contract. I have no reason to belive Giambi cant be productive. At least more productive than Josh Phelps

the guy is breaking down you sell him before he becomes the 2nd coming of Carl Pussano

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#28 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 24, 2007 12:03 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

the guy is breaking down you sell him before he becomes the 2nd coming of Carl Pussano

Pavano could never withstand a full season before we signed him. Besides Giambi lucking into a benign tumor and intestinal parasite he has never missed significant time. Again, who do you want to replace him with? Eric Duncan? Josh Phelps? come on now
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#29 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 24, 2007 1:22 pm

However bad any of you think Giambi will be or already is, just like the Abreu and Melky trades we agrued about earlier, think about who replaces these players. If you move them and get in return someone to replace them than fine but, if you don't, and Josh Phelps has to start then we have an even bigger problem on our hands.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#30 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 24, 2007 1:32 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote: If you move them and get in return someone to replace them than fine but, if you don't, and Josh Phelps has to start then we have an even bigger problem on our hands.

Exactly, now is not the time to rebuild. Not when you have 4 or 5, future hall of famers. A few of them in their prime. 8 Former All-Stars in your starting lineup. The best pitching prospect in all of baseball coming back from injury. Arguably the greatest pitcher coming next week, the greatest closer finally regaining form. Three 200 win pitchers on your staff; a manager, a shortstop, a catcher, two pitchers that have won 4 World Series....another pitcher that has won two. No now is not the time to trade Giambi for farm system help, not now. Because we are going down the toilets if Josh Phelps is DH'ing.

Return to New York Yankees