ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston @ NY Game 3

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,012

Post#41 » by Pharmcat » Thu May 24, 2007 3:39 am

KnickTerp12 wrote:Only blemish tonight is Farnsworth stinkin it up as usual, along with Bobby. I guess those 2 should be assumed from here on out.

Nice performance by Andy.

Also, congrats to DJ. Been awesome watchin him grow into a hall of famer over the years.

ya, Farnsworth sucks donkey balls
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#42 » by Lord Commander » Thu May 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Nice series against Boston...you guys pretty much had to win the series. Also nice stroke of luck missing Matsuzaka and not having to face Beckette. You've got a tough stretch coming up though.....
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#43 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:17 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:Nice series against Boston...you guys pretty much had to win the series. Also nice stroke of luck missing Matsuzaka and not having to face Beckette. You've got a tough stretch coming up though.....

We've hit Beckett and Matsuzaka very well this season... it's a non issue. I'd be more worried about facing Julian Tavarez again.
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#44 » by KnickTerp12 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:27 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:Nice series against Boston...you guys pretty much had to win the series. Also nice stroke of luck missing Matsuzaka and not having to face Beckette. You've got a tough stretch coming up though.....

LOL.. Luck? What a dumb thing to say. Did you watch the first series when we put out Pettitte, and two minor league guys? (I think Karstens and Chase Wright) against Schill, Beckett, and Dice-K. That wasn't luck for the sox tho I'm sure.

:noway:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#45 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:38 pm

Speaking of Schilling, I'd be really worried about him if I was a Red Sox fan. I know his ERA is a sparkling 3.94, but he got very lucky last start (against Detroit), and it could have been much much worse. His last 7 or so starts, he has been very hittable. If I was Red Sox fans, I'd worry about him the same way we are worrying about Mussina.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#46 » by Lord Commander » Thu May 24, 2007 2:38 pm

KnickTerp12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL.. Luck? What a dumb thing to say. Did you watch the first series when we put out Pettitte, and two minor league guys? (I think Karstens and Chase Wright) against Schill, Beckett, and Dice-K. That wasn't luck for the sox tho I'm sure.

:noway:

Why must you turn everything into a contentious argument? Given the way you guys were playing, who would you rather face - the best Boston pitchers or Wakefield, and an obviously declining Curt Schilling? Because you handled them once doesn't guarantee you success the second time, does it?
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#47 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 24, 2007 3:05 pm

We've hit Beckett and Matsuzaka very well this season... it's a non issue. I'd be more worried about facing Julian Tavarez again.

You mean Cy Tavarez.

Why must you turn everything into a contentious argument? Given the way you guys were playing, who would you rather face - the best Boston pitchers or Wakefield, and an obviously declining Curt Schilling? Because you handled them once doesn't guarantee you success the second time, does it?

No, but it doesn't mean we'll get shut out by them either. Julian Tavarez killed us in Game 2 but I bet everyone was foaming at the mouth at the idea of getting a chance to win the first two because Tavarez is so bad. It has nothing to do with luck. Tavarez came to play that night. We showed up last night. Simple as that.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
BS007
Banned User

Post#48 » by BS007 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

As for Schiling, i'm not worried about him. He isn't the ace that he used to be. He is going to have starts were he gets lit up, but most of his starts are going to be good enough to get the Sox a win. As a Yankees fan, i wouldn't be worried about Moose either, he'll turn it around
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#49 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 24, 2007 3:23 pm

cmaff051 wrote:Speaking of Schilling, I'd be really worried about him if I was a Red Sox fan. I know his ERA is a sparkling 3.94, but he got very lucky last start (against Detroit), and it could have been much much worse. His last 7 or so starts, he has been very hittable. If I was Red Sox fans, I'd worry about him the same way we are worrying about Mussina.

Uhhh
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Mussina, for poops and laughter:

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?pl ... &type=mini

Almost an across-the-board decline in stats that correspond to the observed drop in velocity (increase HR rate, higher ERA, fewer strikeouts, higher avg/babip ratio)

Oddly (well, not really) enough, Mussina still has impeccable control, rarely walking batters. Maybe he should hit up Old Man Moyer on how to be an effective slop thrower when you can
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#51 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Mussina, for poops and laughter:

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?pl ... &type=mini

Almost an across-the-board decline in stats that correspond to the observed drop in velocity (increase HR rate, higher ERA, fewer strikeouts, higher avg/babip ratio)

Oddly (well, not really) enough, Mussina still has impeccable control, rarely walking batters. Maybe he should hit up Old Man Moyer on how to be an effective slop thrower when you can
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Ditto Schilling, although Schilling historically tends to be a bit more erratic from start-to-start than Mussina. That was one of the great things about Mussina in his prime: he had this Brad Radke-like ability to throw the same game over and over and over again.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#53 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Ditto Schilling, although Schilling historically tends to be a bit more erratic from start-to-start than Mussina. That was one of the great things about Mussina in his prime: he had this Brad Radke-like ability to throw the same game over and over and over again.

:nod: :nod:

I have said this many times before. If Mussina had the testicular fortitude to deal with any kind of adversity, he would be a Hall of Famer. But he didn't.

Return to New York Yankees