ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike Myers DFAd

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

gooGD
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#41 » by gooGD » Mon Aug 6, 2007 10:57 pm

cmaff051 wrote:so now we are judging edwar ramirez on 2 innings? good example, the league really catched up to him there.

do you think it had something to do with him not pitching for 2 weeks and his best pitching being the changeup, a feel pitch? of course not, the league just caught up to him.

a fair point, but dont make it sound like he rotted on the bench for 2 straight weeks. these guys have bullpen sessions just like everyone else.
MaRBuRy aNd JaMaL
Junior

Post#42 » by MaRBuRy aNd JaMaL » Mon Aug 6, 2007 10:59 pm

I was at the game sunday against KC and he came in and I had a gut feeling after he pitched bad something is going to happen.

Same with Farnsworthless
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#43 » by cmaff051 » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:01 pm

gooGD wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

a fair point, but dont make it sound like he rotted on the bench for 2 straight weeks. these guys have bullpen sessions just like everyone else.

a bullpen session is nothing compared to throwing in a real game. why was the future hall of famer mariano rivera ineffective in april when he didn't get much work? he obviously threw many bullpen sessions, but it doesn't compare to live situations.
gooGD
Rookie

Post#44 » by gooGD » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:05 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-perhaps i am wrong sometimes. i admit it. atleast i own up to my mistakes instead of you who thinks that everything you say is the bible.

look, i say these things because its amazing some of the koolaid you guys drink. i dont **** on all yankees. i dont hate the yankees. im a mets fan.

i dont go around saying "melky sucks" or hughes is garbage. nor do i say milledge is a superstar. but when you go around bad mouthing players and saying incredibly outlandish things about players in the bigs with great success and minor leaguers i dont buy it- ever.

i dont make threads proclaiming that someone needs to be sent down because they suck. thats the difference between you and I. i defended john maine, and look who was right. if you never posted the dumb and nasty things about your projections about john maine there wouldve never been any argument about anything because i wouldnt have seen the koolaid you were drinking. You wont see me make threads "john maine rocks"

edit:

and quite frankly, im just tired of the arrogance you carry in your posts. the idea that you think anything that comes out of my mouth is word to the bible only solidifies how short sighted you are at times. you should go back and read soem of the stuff you write about certain players. go the the mets board and read about what i write about posters who go "omg shawn green sucks he struck out in a big spot, where is milledge"
Markos
Starter

Post#45 » by Markos » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:23 pm

[quote="gooGD"][/quote]

I agree with you, he spends way too much time worrying about either Boston's or the Mets's prospects and downrating them all while overhyping the Yankees. All the while both teams have legitimate ROY candidates. (Boston has 3)
DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#46 » by DakkaFromNyc » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:24 pm

So this new guy that was called up really sucks?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#47 » by cmaff051 » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:31 pm

Markos wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with you, he spends way too much time worrying about either Boston's or the Mets's prospects and downrating them all while overhyping the Yankees. All the while both teams have legitimate ROY candidates. (Boston has 3)

Haha. I overhype our prospects and downrate Boston and the Mets? :rofl: haha, have you ever seen my praise for Buchholz? I just don't buy into the kool-aid of some of your prospects until i see them pitch. I can't stand people overexagerrating prospect progress reports. I bet half the people who talk about a specific prospect have never seen them before.

The only guy of the 3 who I have doubts about is Okajima. And rightfully so, I expect the league to catch up to him because he never showed this type of dominance in Japan. Don't want to hear it? Don't like to hear it? That's too bad, it's the way I feel and if you don't like it, don't read my posts.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#48 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:33 pm

[quote="gooGD"][/quote]

Reading comprehension is key. I never stated that Joba is better than Okajima. I said his stuff is better (which isn't even debateable) and that if he IS better in a month or two nobody will be surprised.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:36 pm

gooGD wrote:im not saying that joba doesnt have a higher ceiling or better potential

but to talk about joba as if he is already better than okajima? come on guys....

Please quote the person who said that Joba is already a better reliever than Okajima? Come on guy...

If you're going to troll, at least do it well.
gooGD
Rookie

Post#50 » by gooGD » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:58 pm

nykgeneralmanager wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Please quote the person who said that Joba is already a better reliever than Okajima? Come on guy...

hhahahahahahaah calling me a troll...

sorry if i dont subscribe to some of the koolaid you guys dispense out here on the yankees board.

you guys are nuts. you dont realize that for every 1 prospect that lives up to its hype there are 5 that dont even get to reach half their projected ceiling.

this is my point since day 1. all of you guys are so quick to name tabata, joba etc as the saviors and the next big thing. go research my posts. i tell mets fans that chances are, fmart, milledge and cargo wont be stars. we'll be lucky for 2 of them to be "great" and unbelievably lucky of all 3 are great. chances are, obviously, not all 3 will be.

you're drinking too much koolaid. dont tell me that if joba can handle the spotlight he will be dominant immediately.

this is why i said i didnt care if he hits 97 on the gun with a nasty slider and to wake me up when he has extended success against big leaguers. that is what im trying to say. dont accuse me of being the troll here.

unlike some of your posters, as i have noted before, i dont go around telling people john maine sucks, and is a career "b or c" starter. or make threads proclaiming that my prospect is the answer. you tell me who is the troll here.

Markos wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

it is not so much that he worries about boston or the mets- or even downrating prospects. he just posts with arrogance about how he "knows" baseball.. that is my problem. don't go around telling people john maine is nothing better than a 4th starter in the AL for about probably 30 posts only to be proved wrong over and over again. so, who is the troll?

look cmaff is more often than not right on his opinions on certain players. he might think i dont read most of his posts, but i generally dont reply to much about what is written on these boards. but when people post outlandish trades or ideas about certain people, i dont subscribe to that kind of koolaid- especially when we talk about prospects.

to sum up this thread:

i dont care how you look at it. a 1.00 era with 40+ innings is not "fringy" stuff. name me 5 better relievers at this point.

do some of you guys realize how hard it is to have those numbers? do you realize how dominant joba has to be to have those numbers? considering his age and experience only immortals have those kinds of numbers. okajimas numbers right now are untouchable- they are nuts and absolutely incredible. do you understand how much hype you are building into joba for you to insinuate that he can potentially be better than okajima's numbers? who is the troll here: someone telling you that joba can be better than 1.00 era with 40+ innings in the "mighty" AL east...

or someone who says, lets see it happen first.

the point of my post was that okajima is no slouch. he does not have fringy stuff. his era will undoubtedly go up from 1.00, its just impossible to keep doing this well- not in this era of baseball.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#51 » by cmaff051 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:01 am

we get it, you want to act like the board police and tell us what isn't or is realistic - guess what, we don't care. go take that crap elsewhere.
gooGD
Rookie

Post#52 » by gooGD » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:04 am

cmaff051 wrote:we get it, you want to act like the board police and tell us what isn't or is realistic - guess what, we don't care. go take that crap elsewhere.

yep, and apparently I'm the troll here.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by PR07 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:04 am

We're entitled to our opinions, if you don't agree with them...fine. That doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk about it though.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#54 » by cmaff051 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:08 am

yep, and apparently I'm the troll here.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

whenever i go over to your boards, i am respectful. i'll disagree with some of you guys, but i am still respectful. i never outright said that one of your players "sucks" on your board. never. i explained why i thought he wasn't as good as everybody thought he was, and it turns out i was right (see: joe smith). i am always respectful, unlike you, who has the audacity to call me a troll.

you are coming to a yankee board and telling us all how bad we are and how much of a homer we all are. i am the only one who sees something wrong with that?
gooGD
Rookie

Post#55 » by gooGD » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:19 am

gooGD wrote: go research my posts. i tell mets fans that chances are, fmart, milledge and cargo wont be stars. we'll be lucky for 2 of them to be "great" and unbelievably lucky of all 3 are great. chances are, obviously, not all 3 will be.

cmaff051 wrote:
you are coming to a yankee board and telling us all how bad we are and how much of a homer we all are. i am the only one who sees something wrong with that?
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#56 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Aug 7, 2007 1:56 am

gooGD wrote:

hhahahahahahaah calling me a troll...

sorry if i dont subscribe to some of the koolaid you guys dispense out here on the yankees board.

you guys are nuts. you dont realize that for every 1 prospect that lives up to its hype there are 5 that dont even get to reach half their projected ceiling.

this is my point since day 1. all of you guys are so quick to name tabata, joba etc as the saviors and the next big thing. go research my posts. i tell mets fans that chances are, fmart, milledge and cargo wont be stars. we'll be lucky for 2 of them to be "great" and unbelievably lucky of all 3 are great. chances are, obviously, not all 3 will be.

you're drinking too much koolaid. dont tell me that if joba can handle the spotlight he will be dominant immediately.

this is why i said i didnt care if he hits 97 on the gun with a nasty slider and to wake me up when he has extended success against big leaguers. that is what im trying to say. dont accuse me of being the troll here.

unlike some of your posters, as i have noted before, i dont go around telling people john maine sucks, and is a career "b or c" starter. or make threads proclaiming that my prospect is the answer. you tell me who is the troll here.

Actually we do realize that not every prospect works out. But when a prospect is highly touted out of college, dominates A ball, dominates AA, and dominates AAA as both a starter and reliever (with a K/9 rate of about 20) then we certainly like his chances to succeed here. This isn't some 19 year old in the GCL who just "projects" to be good.

And I'm not drinking the kool aid for saying that if Joba can handle the spotlight he can be dominating out of the pen immediately. Since you avoided all of my other questions, I'll throw one more at you. Who in the entire major leagues is a reliever that has Joba's arm? A 97-100 mph fastball, a slider better than Billy Wagner's, and a curve that he gets as many Ks on as his slider. Plus he can mix in a change if he wants to make hitters feel really stupid. So I'll reiterate my feelings that as long as he isn't in awe of the major leagues, he can dominate from the bullpen. I can see him struggling as a starter, but he can do wonders coming in and throwing 15 pitches in an inning out of the bullpen. Now if you have a different scouting report on Joba or felt differently if you saw him (I'm assuming you have considering how strongly you feel about this, but I doubt it) then let me know and we can DISCUSS it, instead of you calling people out.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#57 » by cmaff051 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 2:06 am

Actually we do realize that not every prospect works out. But when a prospect is highly touted out of college, dominates A ball, dominates AA, and dominates AAA as both a starter and reliever (with a K/9 rate of about 20) then we certainly like his chances to succeed here. This isn't some 19 year old in the GCL who just "projects" to be good.

And I'm not drinking the kool aid for saying that if Joba can handle the spotlight he can be dominating out of the pen immediately. Since you avoided all of my other questions, I'll throw one more at you. Who in the entire major leagues is a reliever that has Joba's arm? A 97-100 mph fastball, a slider better than Billy Wagner's, and a curve that he gets as many Ks on as his slider. Plus he can mix in a change if he wants to make hitters feel really stupid. So I'll reiterate my feelings that as long as he isn't in awe of the major leagues, he can dominate from the bullpen. I can see him struggling as a starter, but he can do wonders coming in and throwing 15 pitches in an inning out of the bullpen. Now if you have a different scouting report on Joba or felt differently if you saw him (I'm assuming you have considering how strongly you feel about this, but I doubt it) then let me know and we can DISCUSS it, instead of you calling people out.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
JurassicJake
Banned User

Post#58 » by JurassicJake » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:52 am

Thank the Good Lord! Now I don't mean to be greedy but, Farnsworth needs to go too.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:43 am

I wonder if gooGD still thinks I'm drinking the Joba kool aid
DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#60 » by DakkaFromNyc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 am

I hope Fransworth 2 play atleast in one game be4 he gets da boot, just 2 c how he does

Return to New York Yankees