ImageImageImageImageImage

Yanks vs. Angels Game 1

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#321 » by DakkaFromNyc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 pm

34Celtic wrote:Anyone else getting pissed off at this Joba babying thats going on.

Im fine wit Torre doin what he is doin wit Joba but let the kid pitch a lil bit more
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#322 » by 34Celtic » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:09 pm

Slamm Goodbody wrote: I hear what you're saying, but I doubt the gloves will come off until mid-September. No reason to overtax his arm knowing what he could bring to our pen in October.

Thats what I'm getting at, does this babying last in September and October?? If so, he shouldn't be up...leave him down in AAA and develop him as a starter.

The 88 innings would be a full workload for a reliever, but he threw them as a starter....not getting up every day and taxing your arm to the extreme.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#323 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:24 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats what I'm getting at, does this babying last in September and October?? If so, he shouldn't be up...leave him down in AAA and develop him as a starter.

The 88 innings would be a full workload for a reliever, but he threw them as a starter....not getting up every day and taxing your arm to the extreme.

No. Cashman has already said so.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#324 » by Pharmcat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm

this team has to get there first
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#325 » by 34Celtic » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm

nykgeneralmanager wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No. Cashman has already said so.

where? link?

Kandi who gave you mod powers in 2 rooms? Has this always been the case or is this something new?
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#326 » by nykgeneralmanager » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:41 am

where? link?

Kandi who gave you mod powers in 2 rooms? Has this always been the case or is this something new?

He said it on WFAN last week. He said that the rules are completely up to him to change them, and pretty much implied that they will loosen up as Joba proves to be worthy of playing a HUGE role down the stretch.

They're just going to try to wait as long as possible to loosen the rules, but they will have to at some point. Perhaps the BOS series.
DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#327 » by DakkaFromNyc » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 am

oo that would be nice.

Watchin Joba own Boston hitters

Return to New York Yankees