Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,069

Miguel Tejada wants to return to Athletics 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Oakland is apparently high on players list these days..j/k

Sounds like a good idea for Oakland to consider since he can mentor Yoenis Cespedes.

Late last night, I spoke to Miguel Tejada, who won an MVP while playing shortstop for the A’s in 2002, and Tejada told me his fondest desire is to return to the team that gave him his first start.

“I would love it,” Tejada told me by phone from Florida. “I have always loved the A’s. That’s the organization that gave me a chance when I was a little kid in the Dominican. They opened all the doors for me. …. That’s my family.”

Tejada told me he knows that the A’s have lost third baseman Scott Sizemore for the season, and he hopes GM Billy Beane might consider giving him a minor-league deal, as he recently did with Manny Ramirez.

“Tell Billy to give me a call,” Tejada said. “I don’t want big money. I just want to play.”

Tejada has become good friends with Cuban star Yoenis Cespedes, who is expected to join the team this weekend as I report in this morning’s Chronicle. Tejada, who played with Cespedes with Aguilas in the Dominican this winter, said he believes that were he around, it would benefit Cespedes. http://blog.sfgate.com/athletics/2012/0 ... to-the-as/
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: Miguel Tejada wants to return to Athletics 

Post#2 » by Dirty Water » Mon Mar 5, 2012 4:59 pm

I also heard Jose Canseco was available
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Dirty Water » Mon Mar 5, 2012 5:00 pm

Speaking of Jose, anyone follow him on twitter? By far my favorite person that I follow. The unintentional comedy is through the roof.
Maillard965
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Maillard965 » Tue Mar 6, 2012 2:33 am

Sounds like a good idea for Oakland to consider since he can mentor Yoenis Cespedes.
Kittredge305
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Kittredge305 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 3:46 am

ImageSounds like a good idea for Oakland to consider since he can mentor Yoenis Cespedes.

Return to Oakland Athletics