Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Zito doesn't get call-up; my Dear John to the A's 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 7, 2015 7:49 pm

I'll paraphrase, because it was long.

I'm done with the Oakland Athletics under this ownership group. Been a fan for 30 years, been there when we had nobody, been there when we set the AL ablaze and were the favorites for the Series. And in a year where there's nothing left to play for, the A's are letting a small chunk of money (roughly 50k) determine that they aren't going to promote former Cy Young winner Barry Zito for one last cup of coffee with the club.

That's it for me folks. Because if the cheapness and constant trading wasn't tough enough to endure, the ownership has now made it perfectly clear that they don't value the fans or their former players enough to honor them in a season that was, to be nice, an unmitigated disaster. Zito would at least be a small feel-good story to the season, something I happily would have bought tickets to see, and given the Oakland crowd one last chance to show Zito how much we appreciated him. But that costs too much.

So like I said to the A's rep when they asked me if I wanted to renew my season tickets, I'd rather spend my money on a team that invests in its fans more. So after 30 years, thanks to Lew Wolff and the silent cheap bastard John J Fisher, I say: thanks for ruining what was a great and storied franchise. Please follow Cohan out the door so I can return to my favorite baseball team. Until then, I'll be across the Bay.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: Zito doesn't get call-up; my Dear John to the A's 

Post#2 » by Prince12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:35 pm

FNQ wrote:I'll paraphrase, because it was long.

I'm done with the Oakland Athletics under this ownership group. Been a fan for 30 years, been there when we had nobody, been there when we set the AL ablaze and were the favorites for the Series. And in a year where there's nothing left to play for, the A's are letting a small chunk of money (roughly 50k) determine that they aren't going to promote former Cy Young winner Barry Zito for one last cup of coffee with the club.

That's it for me folks. Because if the cheapness and constant trading wasn't tough enough to endure, the ownership has now made it perfectly clear that they don't value the fans or their former players enough to honor them in a season that was, to be nice, an unmitigated disaster. Zito would at least be a small feel-good story to the season, something I happily would have bought tickets to see, and given the Oakland crowd one last chance to show Zito how much we appreciated him. But that costs too much.

So like I said to the A's rep when they asked me if I wanted to renew my season tickets, I'd rather spend my money on a team that invests in its fans more. So after 30 years, thanks to Lew Wolff and the silent cheap bastard John J Fisher, I say: thanks for ruining what was a great and storied franchise. Please follow Cohan out the door so I can return to my favorite baseball team. Until then, I'll be across the Bay.

You looking forward to saturday?
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Got my tickets :D

I'm still real sour to be honest. It took a lot of injuries for them to make this happen instead of just giving the guy his career curtain call and giving the A's fans a reason to cheer this year. Zito was just the straw that broke my back, I still have a big issue with the deals we made this offseason, specifically Josh Donaldson. And still hate the owners.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#4 » by Prince12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:36 pm

FNQ wrote:Got my tickets :D

I'm still real sour to be honest. It took a lot of injuries for them to make this happen instead of just giving the guy his career curtain call and giving the A's fans a reason to cheer this year. Zito was just the straw that broke my back, I still have a big issue with the deals we made this offseason, specifically Josh Donaldson. And still hate the owners.

Theres a lot of A's fans in the same boat man.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

Return to Oakland Athletics