General Manager
And1: 2,799

Athletics @ Orioles 

Post#1 » by Triple M » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Oakland Athletics @ Baltimore Orioles
Image Image

Date April 213rd 2007
Starting Pitchers D. Haren Image vs. E. Bedard Image
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=AuG7U3GscK6Kjdf7.7_ZO30RvLYF?gid=270423101]Boxscore
WP: D. Haren (2-2) S: H. Street (5)
LP: E. Bedard (3-2)[/url]
Oakland 6, Baltimore 5
The Oakland Athletics scored more runs than in 16 of their first 18 games, and they needed every one of them to end the Baltimore Orioles' four-game winning streak.

Nick Swisher hit two home runs, including a drive that sparked a five-run fourth inning against Erik Bedard, and the A's survived a late comeback bid to escape with a 6-5 victory Monday night.

Oakland let a five-run cushion shrink to 5-4 before Swisher connected against Danys Baez in ninth inning. The solo shot proved pivotal, because the Orioles nearly won it against A's closer Huston Street in the bottom half.

Date April 24th 2007
Starting Pitchers D.Braden vs. J.Guthrie Image
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=AqFbqKZoHYOchmDZ9i5L_FoRvLYF?gid=270424101]Boxscore
WP: D. Braden (1-0) S: H. Street (6)
LP: J. Guthrie (1-1)[/url]
Oakland 4, Baltimore 2
Dallas Braden pitched six innings of three-hit ball to win his major league debut, and the Oakland Athletics beat the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 Tuesday for a two-game sweep.

Braden (1-0) gave up one run, struck out six and issued only one walk -- to his first batter. Called up from Triple-A Sacramento on Monday, the left-hander permitted only one runner past second base in becoming the first Oakland starter to win in his big league debut since Aaron Harang in 2002.

Where: Orioles Park At Camden Yards

Line up
S. Stewart lf
N. Swisher cf
E. Chavez 3b
M. Piazza dh
B. Crosby ss
M. Ellis 2b
T. Walker 1b
J. Kendall c
D. Putnam rf

Line up
B. Roberts 2b
M. Mora 3b
N. Markakis rf
M. Tejada ss
A. Huff 1b
J. Gibbons dh
J. Payton lf
C. Patterson cf
P. Bako c
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:03 pm

What a close game that 1st one was... Huston looks more like Lidge every day to me...

Glad to see Swish step up though, he really needs to take charge of this team.
Triple M
General Manager

Post#3 » by Triple M » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Barden really looks good out there today
Triple M
General Manager

Post#4 » by Triple M » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:14 pm

Why does our bulpen always have to make games more interesting than they need to be?
TSC25
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by TSC25 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:15 am

^ I agree,I hate it when our starters pitch a great game,just to watch,Jay,and Duke,start thinking there Jim Mecir and try and give the game away. And as for Huston,I hope he turns out,but I know Billy wont wait to try something else if Huston isnt the right guy for the job,much like Billy Koch,and Arthur Rhodes,so OaklandReggae hang in there,he's still young,but I understand what your saying.
TSC25
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#6 » by TSC25 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:17 am

And way to go,we pull off a sweep on the road,of a team that was playing much better,and with the injuries we have makes it even better.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#7 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:25 am

TSC25 wrote:^ I agree,I hate it when our starters pitch a great game,just to watch,Jay,and Duke,start thinking there Jim Mecir and try and give the game away. And as for Huston,I hope he turns out,but I know Billy wont wait to try something else if Huston isnt the right guy for the job,much like Billy Koch,and Arthur Rhodes,so OaklandReggae hang in there,he's still young,but I understand what your saying.

First off, great win today... Braden looks good... gives me hope for the minor league system...

Also, just want to say I don't hate Huston's game... I think when he's on, he's nearly unhittable. I just tend to think he'll be more effective as a setup man... I would have really liked Santiago Casilla to pan out.

Return to Oakland Athletics