ImageImage

Pirates acquire Izturis from Cubs- Jack Wilson gone????

timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Pirates acquire Izturis from Cubs- Jack Wilson gone???? 

Post#1 » by timd1218 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:01 pm

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07200/802873-100.stm

There is the link.

I hate Nutting. This is a money move. Izturis has a buyout for next season so more than likely, he will be bought out, Jack's contract will be gone and Nutting will save money.

Bob Nutting = SATAN!!

The Pirates will never have a winning season while this jackass is the owner and Littlefield is the GM. By far the worst staff in baseball. Can't draft for crap, can't assess talent for crap.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
dennistokyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#2 » by dennistokyo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:39 am

What's the skinny on Jack Wilson?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by timd1218 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:07 pm

dennistokyo wrote:What's the skinny on Jack Wilson?

He's a good defensive shortshop. Offense, not much there. 260 hitter. He had one good offensive year, which was his contract year. So the Pirates decided to give him 7 million a year. :nonono: :nonono:
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Scrub Sura
Banned User

Post#4 » by Scrub Sura » Sat Oct 6, 2007 8:15 pm

"I find this to be funny. Detroit wanted Jack Wilson from the Pirates and the trade didn't go through because the Pirates wanted Craig Monroe to be part of the deal. Bravo move by Detroit's GM. Finally, a GM making a dumber then Littlefield."

Actually, Pittsburgh wanted Jair Jurgens and Detroit refused.

Sucks for you
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Tue Oct 9, 2007 4:19 am

Scrub Sura wrote:"I find this to be funny. Detroit wanted Jack Wilson from the Pirates and the trade didn't go through because the Pirates wanted Craig Monroe to be part of the deal. Bravo move by Detroit's GM. Finally, a GM making a dumber then Littlefield."

Actually, Pittsburgh wanted Jair Jurgens and Detroit refused.

Sucks for you

I know the Pirates wanted Jair Jurgens and from an article I read, I don't have the link anymore, Detroits GM wouldn't do the trade because the Pirates also wanted Craig Monroe as part of the deal. Detroits GM didn't do it because he didn't want to include Monroe.
massey1992
Banned User

Post#6 » by massey1992 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Haha Cubs didn't get much in return. Did they get anything?

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates