Cameron's D

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,718

Cameron's D 

Post#1 » by Ayt » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 am

I haven't really paid attention to Cameron in years. In the past, of course, he was an elite CF. How is he out there these days? I'd imagine you got a good look at his range on a daily basis in your park.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 11:44 am

Since this board is pretty dead (can't blame them, this is a basketball site first and since there's no basketball team in San Diego there aren't many Padre fans here) I'll answer to what defensive metrics I have.

This year he was middle of the pack in the Fielding Bible's plus/minus rankings. He was below average in zone rating and range factor and exactly in the middle in RZR.

Now is this a steep decline because of age? I'm not sure but last year he was 7th among qualified CF's in the Fielding Bible's plus/minus rankings, tied for 7th in range factor, 6th in zone rating and 9th in RZR.

Obviously this is about getting Braun off of 3rd base. So I'm looking at the numbers for Hall at 3rd. In 2005 he logged 435.1 innings at 3rd with a range factor that would have been last in the league with Aramis Ramirez but a zone rating that would've tied for 5th best with Brandon Inge but he also would have finished last in RZR at .711.

In 2006 Hall only logged 86 innings at 3rd. Again his range factor would have been last in the league at 2.09 but his zone rating would have been 8th best in the league at .789. His RZR would have been the best in the league.

Obviously you have to take all of these numbers with a grain of salt because of the ridiculously small sample sizes. However it looks like Hall can hold his own at 3rd and will be light years better than Braun.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,605

Post#3 » by Snakebites » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 am

trwi7 wrote:Since this board is pretty dead (can't blame them, this is a basketball site first and since there's no basketball team in San Diego there aren't many Padre fans here) I'll answer to what defensive metrics I have.

As far as I know, theres only two Padre fans in all of realgm, myself and Basketball Jesus. :(

I do dearly wish there was at least something resembling a community here, but I guess most San Diegans never found there way to realgm.

Oh well, thats why it pays to have two teams (though the Tiger forum is only slightly more active).

Someone come hang out here......please?

Anyway, a pretty solid analysis of Cameron. He's still a pretty capable fielder, but not the Gold Glove calibur player he used to be. I wasnt too upset to see him go, though Id probably have preferred him to Edmounds at this point.

Return to San Diego Padres