ImageImageImageImageImage

Rent a Hunter

krwzmann
Sophomore
And1: 0

Rent a Hunter 

Post#1 » by krwzmann » Sun May 6, 2007 3:14 pm

The Giants need a better bat behind Bonds at the 5 hole. Durham is better fit as a 6. Sports talk radio around the Bay has said the Giants will most likely get a bat to fill the 5 hole by the trade deadline. With Torii Hunter on his walk year, what are the chances of renting Hunter? He's a steady player and would be a great compliment to Bonds. The Twins will probably want something / anything for him since it's a given (or so says the Twins and Hunter) that they won't resign him. Let's get him!
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#2 » by edney2polynice_ » Sun May 6, 2007 3:41 pm

I don't think we have the talent to bring in Tori Hunter. If Hunter is on the block, there will be many teams interested in a gold glove of'er with a nice bat. And our minor league system isn't loaded with much talent. to compete against all the other offers.

I think we'd have to give up Noah Lowry, and I'm not willing to do so. I'd give up Morris + a prospect.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#3 » by opzoneworld » Sun May 6, 2007 11:04 pm

Well said edney.

I like Hunter a lot but outside of Lowry, the Giants really do not have much to offer anyone. I would only consider trading Lowry if it was an A-Rod type player. Pitching wins in the playoffs.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by backer55 » Sun May 6, 2007 11:04 pm

I imagine that at some point the Giants position in the standings will dictate if they go after another power bat to protect Bonds. A serious Run at the championship would justify opening the purse but lets not give away our future.

I Wouldn't write off Durham just yet. He is in a slump no doubt, but this has happened before and he pulled through into big numbers land. I get the idea that Ray is playing injured or hurting. He's not looking as smooth on the double plays, isn't running the bases as well as usual, and is suffering at the moment while hitting behind Bonds.

Anybody heard if Ray is playing hurt?
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#5 » by FaTaL » Mon May 7, 2007 2:23 am

durham is better hitter the hunter, thats not a freaking improvement and would cost the giants a arm and a leg.
rosevillekings916
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by rosevillekings916 » Tue May 8, 2007 4:59 pm

Durham is way better than Hunter anyday!!!

Return to San Francisco Giants