frandsen needs to start at ss 

Post#1 » by FaTaL » Mon May 21, 2007 2:08 am

man omar just has no pop this year, he freaking reminds me of edgardo alfonzo
edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

Re: frandsen needs to start at ss 

Post#2 » by edney2polynice_ » Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 am

FaTaL wrote:man omar just has no pop this year, he freaking reminds me of edgardo alfonzo

ahkk! that name sends chills down my spine.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by backer55 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:26 am

Something has to happen and happen soon... Good to great pitching, very poor run support.

Omar started slow last year, had a great second half.

Got to give Winn credit, Doing much better than i expected, Hitten the crap outta that ball!

Here's one. Michael Tucker, by far the worst right fielder i ever saw play the game.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#4 » by opzoneworld » Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 pm

I do not believe that there is one manager that would sit Omar. He has been one the best shortstops to ever play the game. While he does not hit as could as we would all like, he probably saves a few runs as well with his D. His reputation is what will keep him starting.

I think it would be a fairly safe bet that Frandsen will replace Omar next seasons as Omar will be a FA. Though I guess you can never be sure with the Giants, I don't think they will resign him.

I believe our only hope is that batting 8th helps him pick it up a bit. :pray:
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#5 » by bballguy50 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:12 pm

Omar won't go to the bench, but how many times this year already have we needed a clutch hit to drive in a run, and we haven't gotten it? Or just a hit with RISP, and we can't get them home... I think we might need to sacrifice some defense in Omar for better offense in Frandsen. Not likely to happen though.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#6 » by opzoneworld » Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 am

If Frandsen wants to replace Omar, he has to put up Cust (A's) type numbers. That is the only way a rookie kicks a vet to the bench. While Frandsen has look OK, he has not looked great. An improvement over Omar with the bat, probably but not by that much.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#7 » by FaTaL » Mon May 28, 2007 7:30 am

omar hitting .233 and theres no end in playing time for him especially with durham hurt
backer55
Senior

Post#8 » by backer55 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:51 am

Howdy, didn't really want to start a new thread so drug up this oldie.

I was on vacation for a bit and haven't watched as closely since Bonds has been out of the lineup but... Has Fransen always had stone hands or only since he's been up with the Giants in the bigs?

Nervious? I just don't know, seems like he fumbles more chances than he handles smoothly. I have nothing against the guy, i think his best days with the bat are ahead of him, but several times lately when i do see him with a fielding chance...he drops the ball. Can this be our second basemen of the future? From what i'm seeing, I gotta think not.

Swift21
General Manager
And1: 491

Post#9 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:35 am

I'd rather go after Rafael Furcal then make Frandsen an everyday Shortstop. Frandsen is no way good enough defensively to be an everyday SS.
backer55
Senior

Post#10 » by backer55 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Juice, i'm questioning his ability to even be a good second baseman. SS. is out of the question IMO, lets give him time as there is that to be had but if i were building a team, i would be concerned that Frandsen does not have "good hands." At least not at the present anyway.
RayStats34
Veteran

Post#11 » by RayStats34 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 3:23 am

FaTaL wrote:man omar just has no pop this year, he freaking reminds me of edgardo alfonzo

so Frandsen can't replace Omar's hall of fame defense and leadership and homeruns aren't everything Frandsen hit most of his homeruns in meaningless games and Vizquel has never been a homerun hitter.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#12 » by FaTaL » Tue Oct 9, 2007 6:44 am

RayStats34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so Frandsen can't replace Omar's hall of fame defense and leadership and homeruns aren't everything Frandsen hit most of his homeruns in meaningless games and Vizquel has never been a homerun hitter.

this team is going to suck next year, why do they need old guys? if there going to keep a old guy keep the one who can still hit

Return to San Francisco Giants