Series Thread: Orioles @ Mariners

myELFboy
Analyst
And1: 0

Series Thread: Orioles @ Mariners 

Post#1 » by myELFboy » Tue Jun 5, 2007 5:39 am

...& it starts out with a win :clap: . Felix didn't have the best night, but they found a way to get the key hits to win. 29-25 now...4 games over .500! Whoo hoo!
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Tue Jun 5, 2007 9:50 am

Yeah, we're playing great, but the damn Angels DONT lose. :banghead:

Still, our offense really came alive in the 8th inning. Some nice opposite field hitting by Ichiro and Lopez. Hits were really spread out across the lineup as well.

And congrats to Yuni. He's got that batting average over 300 now. And Lopez is looking really good in that number 2 spot.

Hellz yeah. :D
NateMustGo
Starter

Post#3 » by NateMustGo » Tue Jun 5, 2007 7:38 pm

Were playing like a good team now I'm loving this keep it up boys.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Wed Jun 6, 2007 4:11 am

Yuni needs to learn how to throw a damn baseball.
myELFboy
Analyst

Post#5 » by myELFboy » Wed Jun 6, 2007 4:55 am

well, game 2. I haven't really been watching it the whole time, but they were down 3-0 and now they are up 5-4 in the top of the 8th. I've been impressed with their comebacks lately. Too many times last year you just knew that the game was over when they were down by 1 run in the 3rd inning, whereas this year I actually have some optimism that they can tie the game, maybe even take the lead. Hopefully they can start doing this against GOOD teams though, and not just the mediocre-to-bad teams.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Wed Jun 6, 2007 6:15 am

The comebacks and the winning streak are impressive given what we're used to seeing. I love it! Although...God, that Baltimore bullpen is terrible. That very well may be the worst series of offseason moves this past offseason.

Sweezo wrote:Yuni needs to learn how to throw a damn baseball.

Never mind. He's hitting it well enough that he can throw it all over the damn park for all I care...
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Jun 6, 2007 9:47 am

Yuni Betancourt is the MAN! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Guy is probably my favorite player on the team. Kid is on a crazy hitting streak, and keeps going up with clutch hits. Plus he hits to all fields, which is a huge plus.

And damn, Ichiro with back-to-back game winning hits, gotta love it.

Go M's! :D
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Ex-hippie » Wed Jun 6, 2007 3:17 pm

Sweezo wrote:God, that Baltimore bullpen is terrible. That very well may be the worst series of offseason moves this past offseason.

Oh my goodness, did you actually say that? You've been following the team that... well, we don't need to rehash it here. Could Baltimore have actually done worse?

This is my 2,000th post, woo-hoo!

:beer: :party: :rockon: :rock: :thumbsup:
NateMustGo
Starter

Post#9 » by NateMustGo » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:Yeah, we're playing great, but the damn Angels DONT lose. :banghead:

Still, our offense really came alive in the 8th inning. Some nice opposite field hitting by Ichiro and Lopez. Hits were really spread out across the lineup as well.

And congrats to Yuni. He's got that batting average over 300 now. And Lopez is looking really good in that number 2 spot.

Hellz yeah. :D
Thats the bad news the good news? We are all over that Wild Card spot so if we keep playing like we are(even Weaver pitching good) we can at least be in the hunt no matter how good the Angels play! 6 games over WOOHOO! :nod:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Sweezo » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:31 pm

hippie wrote:Oh my goodness, did you actually say that? You've been following the team that... well, we don't need to rehash it here. Could Baltimore have actually done worse?

This is my 2,000th post, woo-hoo!

:beer: :party: :rockon: :rock: :thumbsup:

Yeah, you know things are bad when you've done worse than adding Jeff Weaver and Jose Vidro.

Congrats on the 2000th post and being promoted to a RealGM! Your check should be in the mail...

:D

I never udnerstood the point in having titles for posters...meh.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Ex-hippie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:59 pm

Sweezo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I never udnerstood the point in having titles for posters...meh.

Yes, on second thought, perhaps I should not have put that on my r

Return to Seattle Mariners