Anyone else feel NY creeping up?

b_roy7
Veteran
And1: 0

Anyone else feel NY creeping up? 

Post#1 » by b_roy7 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:55 am

Bombers' have been on a HUGE run post all-star break. Anyone scared they could take our possible wildcard position?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:47 am

As far as I'm concerned, this is (still) not a playoff team. And it won't be until the team actually makes the playoffs.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#3 » by BlackMamba » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:11 pm

yeah, everybody wasn't really counting the M's to be having this kind of season.

it could be a "disappointment" because they are on the run.

but like PNF says, the M's arent a playoff team until they make it.

but at least the mariners are showing some progress.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Ex-hippie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:27 pm

There could be a silver lining in the recent slump: management can more realistically appraise where the team really is. Hopefully this will prevent them from doing something rash and trading the farm for a short-term patch. I'd hate to see them give up Jones, Balentien, Tillman, Butler, Moore or other good prospects for someone like Matt Morris, Jose Contreras, Livan Hernandez or whoever else is on the market. This assumes Dontrelle is off the table -- it's probably safe to say that when one team's GM tells another team's president to f**k himself, they're not going to be trading with each other anytime soon.)

The M's are what their Pythagorean record says they are: an average team. It would be foolish to mortgage the future for a short-term run that would be a longshot at best.

Of course, mediocrity didn't stop them from trading Asdrubal Cabrera for Eduardo Perez last year.... :banghead:
b_roy7
Veteran

Post#5 » by b_roy7 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:46 am

H0ly S*1t! We got swept by the Texas Rangers! I'm having a nightmare right?

Return to Seattle Mariners