seattle @ texas

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

seattle @ texas 

Post#1 » by TTown » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am

i'm sorry, why was that 4th inning HR not a fan interference? guti and that fan literally touched gloves.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: seattle @ texas 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:36 am

TTown wrote:i'm sorry, why was that 4th inning HR not a fan interference? guti and that fan literally touched gloves.

If it's over the wall it's fair game. When the kid from the Yankees/Orioles game interfered [even if it wasn't called], the issue was his glove came over the wall and grabbed a ball that was not past the fence.

Boy, this team is bad right now. One problem with hoping for hitters with more power is hitters with more power are dreadfully slow. The M's lead the league into GIDP with 20. For his part, Morse is one of the league leaders in GIDP and he's hitting .207 w runners on. He's been horrible since his pinky injury and it's a shame people in charge of such things don't just stick him on the DL so he can get healthy.

How do you come up empty on offense at Texas in a game where their SP is pulled due to injury early? You can't produce a run against the likes of a washed up Derek Lowe or Joe Ortiz? Well, then find a new job.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#3 » by TTown » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 pm

i suppose i didn't phrase that right... i was trying to say it should have been fan interference. it doesn't seem any different than a fan going out of his way to grab a ball that has yet to land out of bounds in hoops, when a player has leaped over the line to try to save it. that fan would be ejected, the play wasn't dead and he interfered.

i hate baseball sometimes.

and god, we're boring.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Goodness. Harang gives up a grand slam to Nelson Cruz and we're on our way to being swept by the Rangers and a 7-13 record. This team has some massive problems.

TTown wrote:i suppose i didn't phrase that right... i was trying to say it should have been fan interference. it doesn't seem any different than a fan going out of his way to grab a ball that has yet to land out of bounds in hoops, when a player has leaped over the line to try to save it. that fan would be ejected, the play wasn't dead and he interfered.

Ahh. Well, yeah, that makes sense.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#5 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:01 pm

TTown wrote:and god, we're boring.

:rock:

I've given up on this team. Can't watch them anymore. There's only so much of the pathetic offense and inconsistent pitching I can handle. SMOAK SUCKS. I DONT WANT TO SEE HIM ANYMORE. Same with Ackley. Jesus.

I'll tune back into a game when our young pitching/hitters from the minors are at the major league level.

Return to Seattle Mariners