jays/mariners

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

jays/mariners 

Post#1 » by TTown » Tue Aug 6, 2013 12:05 am

thread started in honor of jesus montero.

where does he fit in going forward? you've got zunino behind the plate, smoak at 1B, and i imagine we'll try to do everything we can to re-sigh kendrys. even though tacoma only has 28 games left he'll be able to serve his 50-game suspension in full this year, what happens if he rediscovers his swing next spring training? he's only 23. does he have a future with this franchise? all-purpose C/1B/DH back-up?

i guess worst case scenario, we never see him again. but that's not as interesting a hypothetical.

i thought geoff baker was going to break down in tears in his blog today talking about how montero lied to him about the whole biogenesis deal.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: jays/mariners 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Tue Aug 6, 2013 5:02 am

TTown wrote:thread started in honor of jesus montero.

where does he fit in going forward? you've got zunino behind the plate, smoak at 1B, and i imagine we'll try to do everything we can to re-sigh kendrys. even though tacoma only has 28 games left he'll be able to serve his 50-game suspension in full this year, what happens if he rediscovers his swing next spring training? he's only 23. does he have a future with this franchise? all-purpose C/1B/DH back-up?

I don't think he makes the team out of spring training unless we fail to keep Morales around or find someone similar. If we enter the season with Montero penciled in as a starter then we've failed mightily. I think he's stuck in AAA for awhile until he proves he's turned things around and a need for him arises.

You certainly can't trade him since he's basically worthless.

On the bright side [if you can call it that] Michael Pineda's have shoulder problems again. Jose Campos missed most of last year with an elbow injury, and Noesi's mostly horrible. Hell of a trade!
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by TTown » Thu Aug 8, 2013 1:30 am

nice comeback today, at least.

danny farquhar looks legit.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by TTown » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:33 pm

the worst part of the last month has been watching felix lose a surefire grip on the cy young, to watching scherzer put distance between them. blah.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 am

TTown wrote:the worst part of the last month has been watching felix lose a surefire grip on the cy young, to watching scherzer put distance between them. blah.

I'm at the point in the season where I have trouble sitting through the games. Things were interesting a month ago, but every since Zunino went down it's been a little less so. A shame to see Felix flail around a bit, but it's probably better than watching him dominate and lose the award to Scherzer who racks up wins.

Jack Z apparently hasn't ruled out a September callup for Tai Walker which would get my interest level up again.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Sweezo wrote:Jack Z apparently hasn't ruled out a September callup for Tai Walker which would get my interest level up again.

That's about the only thing that would get me interested in the Mariners.

God we are horrendous. This Angels series was just about unwatchable and I can only stand to watch the M's when I'm completely bored and ready to torture myself.

NOBODY is hitting offensively, except for Ackley. And our pitching? Eeek. Atleast we have Farquar. :)

Gimme a little Walker to get me excited about SOMETHING!

....Oh wait I have my fantasy football drafts this weekend!! There is LIGHT at the end of this dark sports tunnel. :lol:

Return to Seattle Mariners