at last, a homestand

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

at last, a homestand 

Post#1 » by TTown » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:13 am

after vomiting all over ourselves in los angeles, we finally get to hang out at home for awhile. 3 w/ texas, 3 w/ houston, 3 w/ 3 minnesota.

time to win some damn games and make a move in a division that doesn't have a single team above .500.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Re: at last, a homestand 

Post#2 » by TTown » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:21 pm

another quality start for happ, but the mariners refuse to score runs and drop the opener of the homestand 3-1.

felix day today.
ImageImageImageImage
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:08 pm

it's a long season. I still see the mariners making the wild card. this isn't football, stay patient and the kids will eventually come through.

one thing if I may, would point out is that every young player on the mariners roster have flaws, and it is up to the manger to make the most of it, like Yost is doing with the KC. but for every flaw, each have something they bring to the table that makes each player, special.

Love seeing Mike Zunino paint the corners with his framing, but he could hit for better average and that is probably an understatement.

Love Taj Walker and his stuff, but his mental make up needs some schooling from Pedro Martinez.

Charlie Furbush in my eyes have the stuff to be a good closer, let's see what happens there.

Logan Morrison is like a white version of James Loney. there is not one thing he does that makes you feel like he is a good player, but when all aspects of his game and stats are put together, he still is an above average hitter, although only by a little.

Paxton, to me at least, is a surprising star in the making.

ALW is one of the most competitive, yet probably one of the easier divisions to win than most, as every team has a glaring weakness. Mariners are gonna be in it, all it takes is a couple of weeks of hot streaks and you are there.
ehhhhh f it.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by TTown » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 am

m's take the texas series 2-1. lost the opener behind a solid outing by happ because the offense thought it could turn double plays into runs, but felix dominated game two and the offense made up for another paxton clunker by storming back to take an 11-10 game. cruz has two HR and the walk-off single.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by TTown » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:04 pm

ugh. we suck.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Seattle Mariners