And1: 0

I've REALLY had it with Weaver 

Post#1 » by RockyBalboa » Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 am

God he is one awful pitcher.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#2 » by Ex-hippie » Fri May 11, 2007 2:39 pm

I've only seen him once this year -- last Sunday against the Yankees, which was probably his best start of the season (nearly as many innings as earned runs!). It was frustrating because he made good pitches at times -- sharp, with some bite, good location. But that's been the problem with Weaver his whole career: he shows just enough promise to get more chances. It would sting a bit if we dropped him and he proved to be a useful starter at no cost for another team, which is what happened to the Angels last year. But really, it will save all of us a lot of stress and anxiety if we just write off those $8 million and let him go.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri May 11, 2007 6:33 pm

That bald dude with a squeaky voice made a good point on BBTN (shocker, I know) last night: a pitcher with fringy stuff like Weaver can
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#4 » by Bow2Yao11 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:57 am

No more Weaver. He's on the DL now.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sat May 12, 2007 2:42 am

Good. Now they can send him down to the minors for extended rehab until he gets his act together. I'd rather they do that instead of simply releasing him at this point...
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#6 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat May 12, 2007 11:26 am

Sweezo wrote:Good. Now they can send him down to the minors for extended rehab until he gets his act together. I'd rather they do that instead of simply releasing him at this point...

I could see Jeff Weaver posting an ERA greater than 40 in AA ball.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#7 » by BlackMamba » Sun May 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Bow2Yao11 wrote:No more Weaver. He's on the DL now.

thank GOd!!!!

now the Ms need felix back, and who will cover weavers starting spot?
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 am

BlackMamba wrote:now the Ms need felix back, and who will cover weavers starting spot?

I"m assuming Baek. I mean, he's coming off a complete game shutout, and we already know that Felix, Wash, Ramirez, and Batista are 1-4.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Ex-hippie » Mon May 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Congratulations to myELFboy, who called it in the earlier "Jeff Weaver should die in a fire" thread or whatever it was called:

I'm sure they'll put him out there for at least one more ass whooping, then they'll make up an injury, put him on the DL, bring him back in a couple weeks, and allow him to get his ass kicked once again.

Well played, sir.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Sweezo » Mon May 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Ha ha...die in a fire...isn't that a Lookout Landing reference (aka my favorite baseball blog to read every day but never post on)?
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Ex-hippie » Mon May 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Well, the phrase "die in a fire" has become something of an Internet meme over the last year or so -- according to Urban Dictionary, it was used in a piece of hate mail sent to the Texas alcohol commission.
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#12 » by Troy McClure » Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 am

He sux.
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Post#13 » by Blaze the Nugz » Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 am

8 million dollars down the drain. Dont blame Weaver for sucking, blame Bavasi for signing Weaver. Bavasi is the direct source of the sh*ttyness.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 16, 2007 2:27 pm

i_heart_martell wrote:8 million dollars down the drain. Dont blame Weaver for sucking, blame Bavasi for signing Weaver. Bavasi is the direct source of the sh*ttyness.

I blame Weaver and Scott Boras for taking advantage of a man who is obviously mentally deficient. I'll bet they run scams on senior citizens, too.

Seriously though, Bavasi is a sign of all that is wrong with baseball front offices today. He has his job for one reason: he's a member of the old-boys network. His father Buzzy Bavasi was a very good baseball man, and Bill has mooched a whole career off it. Bill is a little bit like the baseball version of Isiah Thomas: he had a long and well-documented record of incompetence before he even arrived, but he was an insider, so he got (and held onto) the job, even though he didn't have the slightest clue about how to build a winning team. His supposed credential is a cozy relationship with the likes of Boras, and you see where that has gotten us: over $100 million invested in Adrian Beltre, Jarrod Washburn and Weaver. Heck, I could make Boras my best friend if I agreed to bend over for him every time we met.
RockyBalboa
Banned User

Post#15 » by RockyBalboa » Thu May 17, 2007 11:04 am

The King
Wash
Bastia
Ram
chiness dude

I'd be happy with that.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:45 pm

RockyBalboa wrote:The King
Wash
Bastia
Ram
chiness dude

I'd be happy with that.

Uhhh...he's Korean, and he does have a name.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#17 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Easy Baek Oven, right?
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Sweezo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Well, that's closer than "chiness dude"...
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#19 » by BlackMamba » Thu May 17, 2007 5:27 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Easy Baek Oven, right?

:rofl:
Anjonez100
Banned User

Post#20 » by Anjonez100 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:42 am

hippie wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I blame Weaver and Scott Boras for taking advantage of a man who is obviously mentally deficient. I'll bet they run scams on senior citizens, too.

Seriously though, Bavasi is a sign of all that is wrong with baseball front offices today. He has his job for one reason: he's a member of the old-boys network. His father Buzzy Bavasi was a very good baseball man, and Bill has mooched a whole career off it. Bill is a little bit like the baseball version of Isiah Thomas: he had a long and well-documented record of incompetence before he even arrived, but he was an insider, so he got (and held onto) the job, even though he didn't have the slightest clue about how to build a winning team. His supposed credential is a cozy relationship with the likes of Boras, and you see where that has gotten us: over $100 million invested in Adrian Beltre, Jarrod Washburn and Weaver. Heck, I could make Boras my best friend if I agreed to bend over for him every time we met.

I like how you conveniently leftout the worst disappointment of them all- Richie Sexson. I'm not surprised at all at Weaver being sorry. I knew he'd be a bust. We have done such a horrible job in free agency it's unreal...

Return to Seattle Mariners