Ex-Mariner gets nailed

Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Ex-Mariner gets nailed 

Post#1 » by Ex-hippie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Another suspension.

My view: the "someone tainted my supplements" excuse is one of the lamest excuses for any bad behavior anywhere. If you try to raise that one, your fine should automatically be doubled from 25 games to 50.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Nov 6, 2007 10:49 pm

Jose Guillen has also been revealed to have taken steroids.

Outside of Oakland, the AL West is the most corrupt division in baseball.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Ex-Mariner gets nailed 

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:46 am

hippie wrote:Another suspension.

My view: the "someone tainted my supplements" excuse is one of the lamest excuses for any bad behavior anywhere. If you try to raise that one, your fine should automatically be doubled from 25 games to 50.

Agreed. Either be a man and admit to it, or say nothing and make them prove you broke the rules. But don't give these half-assed excuses that no one believes. You expect us to believe a pro athlete goes and buys some $10.99 powder at GNC without figuring what's in it or what it does? Maybe get your supplements tested first since you make millions and millions of dollars since this apparently happens to everyone successful in baseball...

As for Jose Guillen, I'll bet he's ecstatic that he got greedy and demanded a 4 year/$40 million+ deal from the M's instead of signing the extension they offered him. Thanks, Jose...we owe you one, buddy.
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by 34Celtic » Sat Dec 8, 2007 6:57 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Jose Guillen has also been revealed to have taken steroids.

Outside of Oakland, the AL West is the most corrupt division in baseball.

Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Randy Velarde, Miguel Tejada....they all say hello.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sun Dec 9, 2007 3:33 am

The M's have been tied to alot of player that took steroids or violated the drug policy, but how many were actually M's at the time? Cameron and Guillen are the most notable, but both of them were busted at times when they weren't M's. Same with Morse. The only high profile Mariner I can think of without doing any research on the subject is Franklin...and he sucked ass, so no one seemed too worked up about it.

Return to Seattle Mariners